If you had a Sburb-generated planet, what would it be?

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
AquaticArbiter
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Rogue of Heart
Moon: Derse

If you had a Sburb-generated planet, what would it be?

Post by AquaticArbiter » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:37 pm

You can include as little detail (or as much detail) as you want. Go ahead and list ur consorts and denizens and aesthetics and puzzles and whatever else you want!

Personally, mine is the Land of Souls and Tide.
A planet covered almost completely by water, with almost the entirety of everything interesting happening beneath the waves. Once a day the tides pull back, revealing a spire with the Quest Bed atop it. Ghost ships roll along the tides, including a large battleship piloted by a large lich-like enemy.
Consorts: Marine Iguanas
Denizen: Eros
Planet Polluting Agent: Chlorine (the corals be gettin bleached y'all)
Last edited by AquaticArbiter on Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irishTunes0701
Classpect: Knight of Life

Re: If you had a Sburb-generated planet, what would it be?

Post by irishTunes0701 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:47 pm

Oh here lemme make up one.
Land of Flowers and Rust
Fitting for a Knight of Life I believe
Its a mostly metallic planet where almost all the ground is metal, steel, titanium, and any other types of metals. Flowers grow out of the metallic ground due to the vast amount of water and nutrients below the metal surface. It's a very hot planet.
Consorts: Armadillos
Denizen: Usin
Planet Pollution Agent: Aluminum
remember kids.
dead daves are the enemy. :cool:

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:34 pm

I haven’t a clue what the Land of a Prince of Doom would be, but back when I was classpected with Heir of Mind I was given a Land of Steel and Marbles. The whole land was an interconnected series of machines powered and modified by cascading marbles and it was the Hero’s job to organize the whole planet into the proper configuration for the marbles to reach the bottom.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

AquaticArbiter

Post by AquaticArbiter » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:05 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:34 pm
I haven’t a clue what the Land of a Prince of Doom would be, but back when I was classpected with Heir of Mind I was given a Land of Steel and Marbles. The whole land was an interconnected series of machines powered and modified by cascading marbles and it was the Hero’s job to organize the whole planet into the proper configuration for the marbles to reach the bottom.

I made something similar for my friend, who was a Muse of Time (somehow?? muse is the most passive class and time the most active aspect??)
It was called the Land of Tunnels and Steam, which was this rocky barren planet with tunnels made by the denizen jutting up at random intervals
I'm just gonna copy-paste my evernote entry abt it for brevity's sake :cal:

A rocky planet with a barren surface, covered by green and yellow clouds/storms. The surface is covered in seemingly random holes (Tunnels,) that lead down to the same interconnected system of tunnels. Occasionally steam bursts out of the tunnels from the Core. There is a single large mountain with a spiraling path leading to the top, which is flat, save for a pit with a spiral staircase leading down hidden pit under a slab. This hidden pit is where the Quest Bed is. Most if not all of the consorts live underground in the tunnels, although near the surface. There is little to no plant life on the surface, but moss thrives in the tunnels. The Denizen lives at the Core of the planet, which is hollow.

The denizen resides in a massive forge, with massive pools of water and lava surrounding the main section. Everything in the Denizens forge is powered by steam, which is flushed out through the massive tunnels that dot the planet. This constant pumping of water to the surface causes frequent and heavy torrents of rain on the surface.

The four largest tunnels (one at each of the cardinal directions,) are lined with iron but are rusted due to the massive amounts of steam constantly billowing through them. This rust is spreading across the planet, killing plant life. The consorts believe Hephaestus is the cause of the rust, (which is false,) and will initially tell the player slaying him will reverse the rusting. This, however, is not the case, and a successful completion of the main mission (clearing out the rust,) will require working with the Denizen instead of fighting it.

Fixing the rust, in this case, will most likely require the player to harness their time powers in some form. This will most likely be through the medium of a tool or weapon made by Hephaestus, which the player will have collected the materials for.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:59 am

ive... never thought of it, which is weird, ngl
:rosecool:

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind

Post by pfeffer-29 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:25 pm

I never thought about that, so here comes one on the fly!

LAND OF LIGHT AND LAYERS (LoLaL)
Consorts: really stupid-looking chameleons
Denizen: Odin
Pollutant: Ink

The planet would be structured like an onion, with its denizen at its center and six levels above, not including the surface. Each level would be colored differently from the last (though all would be washed-out) and have a different theme, the goal being to puzzle/platform one's way through the planet to the center and restore color to the surface and the rest of the planet, clearing ink along the way. There would probably be exit gates and savepoints within the levels, and a gate near the house which would act as a large, circular CONTINUE GAME button. Levels would proceed thus:

Level 0: Surface, white; a barren, cold, misty desert whose terrain varies between rocks and sand and the occasional entrance temple
Level 1: Blue; a cavernous sort of place with a ceiling covered in glowy blue stars, dotted with ruins and ice lakes
Level 2: Magenta; the infamous water level, has bioluminescent flora and consorts, though the consorts stay in dry areas
Level 3: Red; the obligatory lava level with buildings on precarious precipices above the sea
Level 4: Yellow; an impossibly sunny rainforest with consorts living in the trees. The player starts at the canopy and descends to the understory, wherein lie entrances to
Level 5: Green; a giant metallic fortress with pools of toxic sludge. Consorts here are mutated and generally not thriving.
Level 6: Cyan; a mazelike place of disjointed, shifting bits of terrain, full of enemies, traps, and ink
Level 7: Black; Odin guards a giant grist hoard and an unassuming puzzle box containing a DRAWING TABLET, which can be used to erase the last of the ink and restore color everywhere

I kind of want to make this into a game now.
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

AquaticArbiter

Post by AquaticArbiter » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:28 pm

Bruh if you need tunes hit me u p i need more practice in making music

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind

Post by pfeffer-29 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:38 pm

I shall keep that in mind if I ever get off my butt and download Unity or something equally suited to making actual games (which I'm kinda considering now since someone showed interest)
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

AquaticArbiter

Post by AquaticArbiter » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:01 pm

Bro i am showing so much interest
im str8 drowning in this shit
bro theres like so much interest that ive been legally considered a bank
so much interest its like a library in this bitchass :olliesouty:

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:41 pm

Land of Metropoles and Daze.
It's a land covered with large metropolitan cities in every inch, with only minimal amounts of space given for small parks and ponds. It has a small "visual filter" that makes it look like a VHS recording, even to the human eye. The cities are not maintained - spawn rates for enemies are low, and for consorts it's even lower, with 'villages' taking the form of squatting communities of robed and dirt-stained consorts hidden deep inside large buildings, such as apartments or the underground parking lots of malls. It's always day (with Skaia serving as the 'sun'), though it's never too hot or too bright.

There's no power, and the sound of windchimes and the wind blowing is a perpetual constant. Even though there's no power, things like sliding doors still function. Being in the cone of vision of a camera, which unlike the real world always look very obvious in order to be fair to the player, will cause enemy spawnrates to skyrocket for several minutes. Restoring power stations spread throughout the land will allow for higher consort spawn rates and random rewards, though a large part of the land will still be powerless even if all power stations are restored.

The Denizen in this case is a bit unique. It's the snake equivalent of a small child, and it always wants to play, especially since it feels lonely. To accomplish this goal, it hired the carapacians to make underlings for it to goad consorts into playing with it. And, the biggest part is, it's not actually in its lair when the player is transportalized into the land. It instead acts like one of the roaming legendaries in Pokemon, hopping from part to part of the land (which is why the consorts hide in buildings). Its presence is betrayed by the fact that when it is near, grafitti (containing sentences declaring loneliness, a desire for entertainment, and visual depictions of social ostracization and isolation) begins to violently and spontaneously manifest in the walls of buildings, it turns into night, and it begins to rain. The grafitti remains for a while, leading to the denizen when the player feels ready to confront it.

It needs to be fought only once, or twice if the player desires to kill it. It must be led into its lair, where a proper confrontation can be made. The Choice will be given, though in childish riddles. If it's a doomed session, the Denizen will hightail itself to the location of the player and provide it immediately. Its lair is in a large vault underneath a Tokyo Tower look-a-like, and appears to be an extra sized child's bedroom for a child who has the body of a snake. Once it is confronted and the player has made their Choice, the tower will light up and restore power to the rest of the land, which will cause consorts to flood in outside of the buildings and party hard. The tower is located in the middle of an abandoned amusement park, which will provide a very pretty size as LEDs light turn on and fireworks are set off.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

AquaticArbiter

Post by AquaticArbiter » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:21 pm

egg wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:41 pm
Land of Metropoles and Daze.
It's a land covered with large metropolitan cities in every inch, with only minimal amounts of space given for small parks and ponds. It has a small "visual filter" that makes it look like a VHS recording, even to the human eye. The cities are not maintained - spawn rates for enemies are low, and for consorts it's even lower, with 'villages' taking the form of squatting communities of robed and dirt-stained consorts hidden deep inside large buildings, such as apartments or the underground parking lots of malls. It's always day (with Skaia serving as the 'sun'), though it's never too hot or too bright.

There's no power, and the sound of windchimes and the wind blowing is a perpetual constant. Even though there's no power, things like sliding doors still function. Being in the cone of vision of a camera, which unlike the real world always look very obvious in order to be fair to the player, will cause enemy spawnrates to skyrocket for several minutes. Restoring power stations spread throughout the land will allow for higher consort spawn rates and random rewards, though a large part of the land will still be powerless even if all power stations are restored.

The Denizen in this case is a bit unique. It's the snake equivalent of a small child, and it always wants to play, especially since it feels lonely. To accomplish this goal, it hired the carapacians to make underlings for it to goad consorts into playing with it. And, the biggest part is, it's not actually in its lair when the player is transportalized into the land. It instead acts like one of the roaming legendaries in Pokemon, hopping from part to part of the land (which is why the consorts hide in buildings). Its presence is betrayed by the fact that when it is near, grafitti (containing sentences declaring loneliness, a desire for entertainment, and visual depictions of social ostracization and isolation) begins to violently and spontaneously manifest in the walls of buildings, it turns into night, and it begins to rain. The grafitti remains for a while, leading to the denizen when the player feels ready to confront it.

It needs to be fought only once, or twice if the player desires to kill it. It must be led into its lair, where a proper confrontation can be made. The Choice will be given, though in childish riddles. If it's a doomed session, the Denizen will hightail itself to the location of the player and provide it immediately. Its lair is in a large vault underneath a Tokyo Tower look-a-like, and appears to be an extra sized child's bedroom for a child who has the body of a snake. Once it is confronted and the player has made their Choice, the tower will light up and restore power to the rest of the land, which will cause consorts to flood in outside of the buildings and party hard. The tower is located in the middle of an abandoned amusement park, which will provide a very pretty size as LEDs light turn on and fireworks are set off.
Sounds super rad!! :olliesouty: I for one, would hug the denizen

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:41 pm

land of epic and win