Where are they now: Homestuck Ghosts

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Where are they now: Homestuck Ghosts

Post by VASKA » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:54 am

I thought it would be fun to trace every *significant* homestuck ghost through their timeline and see where they ended up. For clarity's sake, I'm regarding the "original" timeline to be the first timeline we see a character in, before any divergences. For the beta kids, this would be the timeline where John was killed by his denizen. For the alpha kids, there's actually no time travel all the way until Game Over, at least not that we see, so they'll be counted as "Game Over" versions of themselves. We don't get to see the first instance of divergence among the trolls, or at least nothing that is definitively the first divergence, so they won't get "original" versions, since the versions of them that were pretty much immediately replaced with their dreamselves aren't seen again until Terezi: Remember and even don't do anything. The "alpha" version of a character is from the post-retcon alpha timeline.

I'm also working under the premise that a retconned timeline is distinct from both an alpha and a doomed timeline in that it isn't "destroyed" but goes on ad infinitum but without any narrative significance, so if a ghost were in the medium during, say, Game Over, they would not be considered double dead, erased, or anything of the like, just not narratively relevant.

I will also consider characters who died in the Game Over timeline *prior to* any alterations made by John as separate from their Alpha timeline versions, as we see that Tavros has two ghosts from when Vriska killed him, one in the Alpha and one in the Game Over Timeline.

Original John - Double Killed in Caliborn: Enter, as elaborated by Game Over Vriska
Original Jade - Unknown, presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Original Dave - Implicitly perma-dead as part of Davepetasprite^2
Original Rose - Erased in the doomed timeline

Game Over Jade - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Game Over Dave - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Game Over Rose - A Component of Jasprosesprite^2

Alpha John - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring (the John who died in the epilogues originated in the Game Over Timeline)

Grimdark Rose - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring, last seen taunting Bec Noir

Game Over Dirk - Hoo boy. This one is a doozy. This Dirk died by allowing himself to be consumed by glitches, which may not have even killed him? This ghost isn't even seen in Terezi: Remem8er, despite the other Game Over ghosts getting shown. An enigma.
Game Over Jake - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Game Over Jane - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring

Alpha Roxy - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring

Game Over Tavros - Double Killed by English
Game Over Sollux - Complicated. Technically, this Sollux is alive, but his ghost half is a component of Erisolsprite, who likely survived Game Over.
Game Over Nepeta - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring, previously a component of Fefetasprite
Game Over Terezi - Did not fight English, almost certainly "alive"
Game Over Vriska - Did not fight English, almost certainly "alive"
Game Over Equius - Surviving as a component of (Game Over timeline's) Arquiussprite
Game Over Gamzee - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Game Over Eridan - Surviving as a component of Erisolsprite
Game Over Feferi - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring, previously a component of Fefetasprite

Alpha Tavros - A component of Gcatavrossprite
Alpha Nepeta - Implicitly perma-dead as a component of Davepetasprite^2
Alpha Equius - A component of Arquiussprite
Alpha Gamzee - Killed by Vriska, did not create a ghost (or did he?)
Alpha Eridan - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Alpha Feferi - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring

Caliborn's Masterpiece Gamzee - A Component of Lord English

If I missed any, or you think I made a mistake, let me know and I'll look into it and edit the list if necessary.
Only cuties survive the near future

thorondraco

Re: Where are they now: Homestuck Ghosts

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:12 am

VASKA wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:54 am
I thought it would be fun to trace every *significant* homestuck ghost through their timeline and see where they ended up. For clarity's sake, I'm regarding the "original" timeline to be the first timeline we see a character in, before any divergences. For the beta kids, this would be the timeline where John was killed by his denizen. For the alpha kids, there's actually no time travel all the way until Game Over, at least not that we see, so they'll be counted as "Game Over" versions of themselves. We don't get to see the first instance of divergence among the trolls, or at least nothing that is definitively the first divergence, so they won't get "original" versions, since the versions of them that were pretty much immediately replaced with their dreamselves aren't seen again until Terezi: Remember and even don't do anything. The "alpha" version of a character is from the post-retcon alpha timeline.

I'm also working under the premise that a retconned timeline is distinct from both an alpha and a doomed timeline in that it isn't "destroyed" but goes on ad infinitum but without any narrative significance, so if a ghost were in the medium during, say, Game Over, they would not be considered double dead, erased, or anything of the like, just not narratively relevant.

I will also consider characters who died in the Game Over timeline *prior to* any alterations made by John as separate from their Alpha timeline versions, as we see that Tavros has two ghosts from when Vriska killed him, one in the Alpha and one in the Game Over Timeline.

Original John - Double Killed in Caliborn: Enter, as elaborated by Game Over Vriska
Original Jade - Unknown, presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Original Dave - Implicitly perma-dead as part of Davepetasprite^2
Original Rose - Erased in the doomed timeline

Game Over Jade - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Game Over Dave - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Game Over Rose - A Component of Jasprosesprite^2

Alpha John - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring (the John who died in the epilogues originated in the Game Over Timeline)

Grimdark Rose - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring, last seen taunting Bec Noir

Game Over Dirk - Hoo boy. This one is a doozy. This Dirk died by allowing himself to be consumed by glitches, which may not have even killed him? This ghost isn't even seen in Terezi: Remem8er, despite the other Game Over ghosts getting shown. An enigma.
Game Over Jake - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Game Over Jane - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring

Alpha Roxy - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring

Game Over Tavros - Double Killed by English
Game Over Sollux - Complicated. Technically, this Sollux is alive, but his ghost half is a component of Erisolsprite, who likely survived Game Over.
Game Over Nepeta - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring, previously a component of Fefetasprite
Game Over Terezi - Did not fight English, almost certainly "alive"
Game Over Vriska - Did not fight English, almost certainly "alive"
Game Over Equius - Surviving as a component of (Game Over timeline's) Arquiussprite
Game Over Gamzee - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Game Over Eridan - Surviving as a component of Erisolsprite
Game Over Feferi - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring, previously a component of Fefetasprite

Alpha Tavros - A component of Gcatavrossprite
Alpha Nepeta - Implicitly perma-dead as a component of Davepetasprite^2
Alpha Equius - A component of Arquiussprite
Alpha Gamzee - Killed by Vriska, did not create a ghost (or did he?)
Alpha Eridan - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring
Alpha Feferi - presumably "alive" in the furthest ring

Caliborn's Masterpiece Gamzee - A Component of Lord English

If I missed any, or you think I made a mistake, let me know and I'll look into it and edit the list if necessary.
A nice list that makes sense.
Except the furthest ring got swallowed by the black hole. So they would possibly be on earth c. Or even on other planets in the universe.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:05 pm

You didn't need to quote the whole post.

I think the surviving ghosts ended up in the Candy Earth C?

There's also the Coin Flip Dave who was last seen with a Tavros.
only bad takes here

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:08 pm

dead

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.