Was Aradia the real mastermind of Retcon?

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
thorondraco

Was Aradia the real mastermind of Retcon?

Post by thorondraco » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:47 am

I know a lot of people have a different view of what the retcon was. Was it just part of the timeloop in Homestuck, or was it a pandora's box that undid everything we knew about paradox space?

Personally speaking, I think its the latter and the lead up was obvious for the case. Even a part where an entire conversation between John, Grimbark Jade, and DAve gets overwritten, us going backwards to see it.

I am pondering if all along, it was Aradia who was behind it all?

Forgive me if I can't find the exact quote, but at some point Aradia is yelling at Rose, completely frustrated with following this damneded narrative and says maybe she could make her robotic brain do something so extreme that even Paradox Space wouldn't have an answer. It makes her go weird, mention something about ridiculous human hats, and says goodbye to Rose.

She shortly after god tiers. And is suddenly, suspiciously, okay with following the narrative. Even though at this point and further points to a rather dark ending for the story and it gets darker the further we go. She seems to dismiss the battle to come as 'closing timeloops' and says 'she just wants to see it all fall apart'. Kinda going back to her frustration with reality.
As if she knew something.

But then there is the penultimate moment. Vriska suddenly defies the narrative prompts to go elsewhere with the story, throw the juju to the ground. And Aradia goads John into putting his hand in it. And chaos ensues form there.

What if this entire time, Aradia either gained some kind of power or was serving another power? In secret, in plain sight? Maybe even became her Ultimate self in total secret. That her robo brain allowed her to, in fact, figure out something that paradox space wouldn't be able to react to? The very power it was relying on to close the timeloop of such a convoluted adventure. But not trapped in a lifeless juju, but infused into a character of the play?

Issue with that would be her having a body that can survive it and presumably Burgundy bodies are relatively frail. However, she was part sprite. And Robot. Her body doesn't show any elements of her sprite and robot form, but it doesn't mean they haven't permanently affected her. Hell she on two different occasions bound someone empowered by the Green Sun with her time powers. That has to show unnatural power. One of them was the lord of time even.

And now she is at it again after reality has fallen. Aradia Megido brought Ragnarok upon Paradox Space. So what if she wants to rebuild it by her own design, and even Alt Calliope has been fooled?

Its a bit of an out there theory i admit, but what homestuck theory isn't? It is possible that the 'gods' she mentioned at some point are either the horror terrors, her fellow conspirators, or some beings that made paradox space, whom she has long feigned loyalty to. And literally what happened at the end of Homestuck is some kinda ragnarok event. Paradox space is destroyed but it doesn't mean it can't be rebuilt, and would fit into some biblical themes.

One of the most used and fucked over characters in Homestuck being the Ultimate final boss though would be fitting.