THE GAMZEECOURSE THREAD

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
thorondraco

Re: THE GAMZEECOURSE THREAD

Post by thorondraco » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:01 am

Here is a random theory. What if Gamzee is Conditionally Mortal? As in he is like the condesce and can't die until he fulfills his purpose to Lord english. it might even be a lesser version of this cause the possible source of his conditional mortality would likely have been Caliborn in lilcal.

It might explain why he is so fucking hard to kill. Purple blood resistance plus conditional mortality. It might explain why he dies in Gameover too. He cannot fufill his purpose anymore in that broken timeline. And that is why he can die in Candy.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: THE GAMZEECOURSE THREAD

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:30 pm

I think that's the impression we're meant to get, but it's intentionally ambiguous. Caliborn's blood is swimming with red herrings, you know.
GAMZEE: In ThE oNe TrUe LiFe We AlL fLoW fRoM tHe OnE tRuE pEn,
GAMZEE: aNd EvErY hEaD rOlLs DoWn ThE pAtH tO tHe OnE tRuE hAnD.
Gamzee pretty much declares himself to be the narrator in this line, but the narration doesn't sound like Gamzee, but I have an explanation.
JADE: this world, unlike the canonical horrors from which it is hermetically insulated, will always fail to meet the combined criteria for truth, relevance, and essentiality that would endow this realm with any real gravity.
JADE: its own naturally occurring supply of [narrative] gravity, rather than the artificial supply i have given it.
JADE: as such, what transpires here is characterized by experiential frivolity.
When she's talking about having added artificial narrative gravity, I imagine it's like like she took a stand-up routine about how hating your wife is completely normal thing that everyone does and deconstructed it, to lay bare how warped such a perspective really is. But in this case, instead of breaking it down, she's editing out all the "motherfuckers" and "bitchtits" from it and adding a few of her own personal flourishes. And she also adds the scenes with Aradia and Sollux, because that's out of his realm of observation. Point is, all the bias, such as the overdone describing of Jane's body (which I don't want to find a quote of, but I remember being really weird.), is from him.

At this point, alive Calliope is presumably more influenced by Gamzee's influence than most others. After all, she's the one who said to let Gamzee back in. And yet...
Only while he is distracted by his own sobs does she steal a glance at her phone, tipping the fact that she too wouldn't mind if this redemptive soliloquy could hurry itself along.
Calliope reacting that way, as if to say "oh god, he's really pUshing that 'woe is gamzee' angle. Ugh. yoU've made yoUr point," really strikes me.

I'd sum up how I feel about it as "oh god, he's really pUshing that 'nobody actUally likes gamzee and we are jUst fUcking with him becaUse we think he's too stUpid to notice' angle. Ugh. yoU've made yoUr point."

It's cringe all the way down! (this is meant as high praise)
only bad takes here