Homestuck rumors

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
Guy-Rocketram
Pronouns: He Him
Classpect: Bard of Blood

Homestuck rumors

Post by Guy-Rocketram » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:03 am

Any weird old Homestuck rumors anyone remembers? I'm not talking about theories which ended up being false, more so things which were "leaked" or things said to exist which don't exist, or don't have much evidence to prove their existences.
Like for instance there was this one weird old rumor about a cosplayer who bathed in sharpie marker and vinegar, and died of a skin disease afterwards :lime:
Now it doesn't have to be about the fandom of course, it can be rumors like the Homestuck^2 leaks, which featured Davepeta getting killed by Becnoir.
we're on some kind of mission

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Re: Homestuck rumors

Post by VASKA » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:08 am

You know now I feel like a big fucking idiot because I've been telling people that sharpie thing was true as recently as this month
Only cuties survive the near future

Guy-Rocketram

Post by Guy-Rocketram » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:09 am

VASKA wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:08 am
You know now I feel like a big fucking idiot because I've been telling people that sharpie thing was true as recently as this month
Yeah i believed it to at first. The source came from a tumblr post about a girl's friend and it never mentioned her dying. I think some studies were done about it as well and there isn't really much of a negative effect of having a lot of sharpie on you.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:37 am

I don't think the sharpie thing is real, but I think it's believable simply because troll skin paint was a huge pain in the ass for conventions back in the day. I've actually heard another rumor that certain conventions banned skin paint because of Homestucks, but that's hard to verify for me.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

VASKA

Post by VASKA » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:43 am

egg wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:37 am
I don't think the sharpie thing is real, but I think it's believable simply because troll skin paint was a huge pain in the ass for conventions back in the day. I've actually heard another rumor that certain conventions banned skin paint because of Homestucks, but that's hard to verify for me.
Wish this didn't sound like such a cop-out, but my local convention bans body paint, although I can't prove it because I don't want anyone to know where I am.

We have a guy who has been cosplaying Signless for about 4 years now, one year he tried cutting eye and mouth holes in a gray morphsuit and it was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:45 am

VASKA wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:43 am

Wish this didn't sound like such a cop-out, but my local convention bans body paint, although I can't prove it because I don't want anyone to know where I am.

We have a guy who has been cosplaying Signless for about 4 years now, one year he tried cutting eye and mouth holes in a gray morphsuit and it was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.
Would you happen to have a pic of that?

Royaute
Classpect: Waste of Time

Post by Royaute » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:51 am

I read about this Homestuck guy who saw a bunch of this green shampoo/slime on sale, and bought all of it then bathed in it and immediately realized what a bad idea having a tub full of green slime was.

VASKA

Post by VASKA » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:52 am

Darth_Energon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:45 am
VASKA wrote:

Would you happen to have a pic of that?
No but hopefully the lack of documentation allows new details to be invented beyond the limits of this board, thus ironically spawning a new homestuck rumor out of a thread originally intended to laugh at the falsehood of homestuck rumors

Guy-Rocketram

Post by Guy-Rocketram » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Royaute wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:51 am
I read about this Homestuck guy who saw a bunch of this green shampoo/slime on sale, and bought all of it then bathed in it and immediately realized what a bad idea having a tub full of green slime was.
Plot twist, he was bathing in unborn ecto babies.

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:12 pm

VASKA wrote:
egg wrote:
>We have a guy who has been cosplaying Signless for about 4 years now, one year he tried cutting eye and mouth holes in a gray morphsuit and it was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.
That's fucking hilarious

Guy-Rocketram

Post by Guy-Rocketram » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Ok here is a rumor for you Mr.Rocketram :cool:
The weird "Problem Sooth" book is supposedly meant to be based off of a real life fanventure of the same name. Despite this there seems to be no evidence of such an adventure ever existing. Could people be misremebering? Or it this the last remaining price of evidence of the existence long lost fanventure?
Hussie doesn't mention problem sooth being a fanventure in the commentaries either, so who knows.

VASKA

Post by VASKA » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:05 pm

I vaguely recall Problem Sooth and I probably read it as another red herring that Jade was a seer instead of a witch, but I also really like the idea that there's some mandela effect shenanigans going on

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:17 pm

it would be hard to disprove that soothe ever existed, since a lot of the adventures that were once on the forums are just gone for good now, and as far as I know it's been listed as based on a real fanadventure for a long time, and I don't know why someone would make that up when it would be easy to hop on the forums and verify it at the time.

that being said "problem soothe" isn't really a premise for an adventure, is it. it's just a two word pun. my guess is that there WAS a real psoothe adventure, but it was inspired by that page and whoever edited the wiki to say that was just mistaken.
mod on the mspa wiki

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:11 am

One that was fucking hilarious back because in a roundabout way it did end up becoming true

There was a huge rumour/in-joke back on tumblr back during the tail end of Act 6 that all of the hiatuses were to give Hussie time to have Homestuck adapted into an anime. Whilst I'm pretty sure it started as a joke for Homestuck fans to tell people outside of the fandom (like "hey, did you know there's apparently gonna be a Homestuck anime?" and non-fans would be like "holy shit why") but after a while it seemed like the joke had gone so far that a large number of people genuinely believed that the reason Act 6 was taking so long is because there was a Homestuck anime in the works.

People were "leaking" their own short anime animations and artwork and passing it off as something from the show that had been released too early and all. It truly was a really cool movement and a great time for reinterpretations of old Homestuck scenes

For example, take this classic shot by ippotsk:

The funniest part is that, in the end, Act 7 did end up being incredibly anime-inspired. So the joke that Act 6 took such a long pause for the Homestuck anime adaptation wasn't too far from the truth
Image Perfection.

Guy-Rocketram

Post by Guy-Rocketram » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:20 am

MorganMustDie wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:11 am
One that was fucking hilarious back because in a roundabout way it did end up becoming true

There was a huge rumour/in-joke back on tumblr back during the tail end of Act 6 that all of the hiatuses were to give Hussie time to have Homestuck adapted into an anime. Whilst I'm pretty sure it started as a joke for Homestuck fans to tell people outside of the fandom (like "hey, did you know there's apparently gonna be a Homestuck anime?" and non-fans would be like "holy shit why") but after a while it seemed like the joke had gone so far that a large number of people genuinely believed that the reason Act 6 was taking so long is because there was a Homestuck anime in the works.

People were "leaking" their own short anime animations and artwork and passing it off as something from the show that had been released too early and all. It truly was a really cool movement and a great time for reinterpretations of old Homestuck scenes
this is the cool kind of stuff i was looking for when i said homestuck rumors!!
i remember seeing a lot of shit like this with those old "What if Undertale Was an Anime" clipshow videos, back when i was super into undertale :cal:

Guy-Rocketram

Post by Guy-Rocketram » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:37 am

VASKA wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:05 pm
I vaguely recall Problem Sooth and I probably read it as another red herring that Jade was a seer instead of a witch, but I also really like the idea that there's some mandela effect shenanigans going on
Was the Seer class even a concept when Problem Sooth was introduced?

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:39 am

It was mainly a joke about the popular fan theory at the time that Jade was psychic and could see the future, which was eventually revealed as true.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:40 am

Guy-Rocketram wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:37 am
Was the Seer class even a concept when Problem Sooth was introduced?
Nanna names the kids by class on page 759, and Jade uncovers her copy of Problem Soothe on page 803, so yes.
mod on the mspa wiki

Guy-Rocketram

Post by Guy-Rocketram » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:46 am

Nanna names the kids by class on page 759, and Jade uncovers her copy of Problem Soothe on page 803, so yes.
[/quote]

Ohh ok.
im an idiot :lime:

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 am

VASKA wrote:
egg wrote:

I actually vend at conventions around the country, and we get a list a mile long of convention rules and regulations. There are a lot of cosplay rules, especially pertaining to weapons and covering up certain areas, but I've been vending for 8 years and have never come across a body paint rule.
I think the general consensus is if you're going to use it, make sure you seal it so you don't get it everywhere. I've had a few people come to my booth who didn't seal it who have damaged things because they didn't seal their paint. I have noticed that Homestuck cosplayers are the best about sealing it though, and have never had a single Homestuck cosplayer touch anything and have gray left behind.
Personally, I just wear a gray bodysuit when I cosplay homestuck so I don't have to paint my arms or hands. This way, I only have to paint my face.