roxy lalonde fanclub

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Re: roxy lalonde fanclub

Post by MorganMustDie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:28 pm

Sylandrophol wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 pm
it's generally alot of like, 2011-2013 fandom culture, stuff you see on yt historically at the time--ancient meme videos and whatnot
well, that may have something to do with Roxy not really having many moments where she WAS anything more than drunk girl during that time period
She started sobering up during Act 6 Act 5 which started in very late 2012, so it could just be that the fancontent you're watching was made at a time when Roxy was little more than the kooky drunk girl
Image Perfection.

arachnidsGrip
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Page of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by arachnidsGrip » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:07 am

Roxy, honestly, is such a good character in my opinion. Like, she's so admirable and genuinely nice and sweet?? She just wants to help out and to help others and to make sure people are together and happy and she puts SO much effort towards it. She works to hold her friends together, works to feed the carapacians she lived by for so long, worked to even help The Condesce herself, kinda. She's had to overcome so much, like addiction, living completely on her own, (excluding the carapacians. they're nice, but they're no parental figure) and unrequited feelings from basically everyone, and yet she never backs down. She keeps going, she keeps helping, and she never stops, and I think that's really awesome, frankly.

Roxy
Classpect: Mage of Mind

Post by Roxy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:23 am

MorganMustDie wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 am
Roxy wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 am
Smartest and best by far :mutie: :mutie:
I'm onto you, forum user Roxy
Hey hey, look, the intent isnt to toot my own horn, simply to state the facts, Morgan. I would say this even if I eas under the name frog
I don't know dude, i just- I just drink blood dude
I'm going to dismantle the concept of government

Sylandrophol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Rogue Of Space
Moon: Prospit

Post by Sylandrophol » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:09 pm

it's true!
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Post by Leddy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Roxy is best girl... best boy after epilouges I suppose oh whatever Roxy is GREAT

Code: Select all

https://crystalrina.tumblr.com/post/182081698520/an-ms-paint-roxy-i-did-33
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

Paravellex
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Heir of Heart
Moon: Derse

Post by Paravellex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:40 am

Once on a fic about Roxy, I received a comment saying "romnxy lanlon yes mmnmn human girl mnnmnm". When I asked for clarification, the response was "R O M N X Y".

That's simply all there is to say on the matter
I write Through Shadowed Eyes.
Twitter
AO3

hamifihekrix
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: page of blood

Post by hamifihekrix » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:02 am

i really like it when people explore more on the little things that make roxy, roxy other than just "haha alcohol and self-sexualization!!"

roxy, to me, spoke out to be one of the most non-sexual feminine characters in homestuck. that's why, for a long time, i've headcanoned her as a trans girl. obviously, the epilogues exist, kind of. and all trans headcanons for roxy are valid. that being said, trans fem headcanons ARE my personal favourites.

she spoke to me as a character who was able to successfully become in-tune with her femininity while not objectifying herself, lest what a portion of the fandom portrays her to be like. roxy's character reminds me of the lolita fashion movement in japan [not to be confused with the pedophilic term used over in the west], a form of childish fashion created by women who wanted to wear what they want instead of trying to appeal to their husbands. with big frilly dresses, they didn't reveal any of their bodies, and were shamed by men for engaging in this trend. they were having none of it.

anyway. in conclusion i just really love roxy lalonde. :mutie:
:cal: MEAN LEAN HOMESTUCK MACHINE :cal:

trans lesbian, also i write fic.

Sylandrophol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Rogue Of Space

Post by Sylandrophol » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:34 am

hamifihekrix wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:02 am
i really like it when people explore more on the little things that make roxy, roxy other than just "haha alcohol and self-sexualization!!"

roxy, to me, spoke out to be one of the most non-sexual feminine characters in homestuck. that's why, for a long time, i've headcanoned her as a trans girl. obviously, the epilogues exist, kind of. and all trans headcanons for roxy are valid. that being said, trans fem headcanons ARE my personal favourites.

she spoke to me as a character who was able to successfully become in-tune with her femininity while not objectifying herself, lest what a portion of the fandom portrays her to be like. roxy's character reminds me of the lolita fashion movement in japan [not to be confused with the pedophilic term used over in the west], a form of childish fashion created by women who wanted to wear what they want instead of trying to appeal to their husbands. with big frilly dresses, they didn't reveal any of their bodies, and were shamed by men for engaging in this trend. they were having none of it.

anyway. in conclusion i just really love roxy lalonde. :mutie:
good post OP, i just woke up so i'm at like 0 energy hours but yea,,,, roxy good

transfemme roxy is also a huge headcanon for me too, also because i'm a self-projecting thembo and like transfemme nb roxy too. long story short roxy means alot to me and i hugely relate to them
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND