roxy lalonde fanclub

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
Sylandrophol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Rogue Of Space
Moon: Prospit

roxy lalonde fanclub

Post by Sylandrophol » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:26 pm

lov roxy,,, where's the roxy fans at?

also desu people be sleepin on the fact that roxy is a scientist :mutie:
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Re: roxy lalonde fanclub

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Roxy is one of my favorite characters from Homestuck honestly...

Probably like one of the few I'd actually want to hang out around IRL too, she's super chill and great.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:23 pm

The comic itself slept on the fact that roxy is a scientist. Anyway, best girl.

seerofheart
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Heart
Moon: Derse

Post by seerofheart » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:17 pm

well my fav part abt roxy is that shes the smartest person in homestuck by far but she talks like this bc shes scared of being judged lmao

Roxy is the best! My absolute favorite character. I almost find a Roxy Lalonde fan club redundant because the Homestuck fandom IS the Roxy Lalonde fan club! I've yet to meet a single person who doesn't like the Rogue of Void, and I hope I never do.
Welcome back to 2007

xxSeerxofxHeartxx

You're keeping in step
In the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
Because you do
What you're told
But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:21 pm

seerofheart wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:17 pm
well my fav part abt roxy is that shes the smartest person in homestuck by far but she talks like this bc shes scared of being judged lmao

Roxy is the best! My absolute favorite character. I almost find a Roxy Lalonde fan club redundant because the Homestuck fandom IS the Roxy Lalonde fan club! I've yet to meet a single person who doesn't like the Rogue of Void, and I hope I never do.
The only people who I know who dislike Roxy dislike the entirety of the Alpha kids, and usually Jake, Jane, or Dirk more than her still.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:52 pm

seerofheart wrote:

facts
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Roxy is simply the best Alpha kid and I wish we could be real friends :rorb:
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:05 pm

Roxy is definitely my favorite human.
She's super smart and definitely the coolest of all the humans. :mutie:

Roxy
Classpect: Mage of Mind

Post by Roxy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 am

Roxy redeems the entire concept of the alpha kids. This thread is so intellectual i’m so glad its here and i couldnt agree more with everything thats been said so far
rookie1978 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:23 pm
The comic itself slept on the fact that roxy is a scientist. Anyway, best girl.
seerofheart wrote:

The only intellectual on this entire forum is you, thank you so much for also getting it. She literally stole the files for the game from crockercorp thats pretty epic, not to mention carrying the other three useless assholes through like. The entire game. Smartest and best by far :mutie: :mutie:
I don't know dude, i just- I just drink blood dude
I'm going to dismantle the concept of government

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 am

Roxy wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 am
Smartest and best by far :mutie: :mutie:
I'm onto you, forum user Roxy
Image Perfection.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:26 am

The only one to come out of the alphas who is not surrounded by drama that much, making her the only one I can stand.
:rosecool:

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:41 am

honestly desu it sucks that like, the fandom or the most part has historically boiled her down as "hahaha wow wacky eccentric drunk girl" too and like,,, bruh y'all are shortchanging her and sleeping on her baka my head
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

seerofheart

Post by seerofheart » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Sylandrophol wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:41 am
honestly desu it sucks that like, the fandom or the most part has historically boiled her down as "hahaha wow wacky eccentric drunk girl" too and like,,, bruh y'all are shortchanging her and sleeping on her baka my head
she's a wacky eccentric drunk girl for the first quarter of her whole character arc. most of her arc she's sober and her whole thing is how friendly and supportive and down to earth she is.

it's almost like they didn't read the comic.
Welcome back to 2007

xxSeerxofxHeartxx

You're keeping in step
In the line
Because you do
What you're told

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:21 pm

seerofheart wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:57 pm
Sylandrophol wrote:
she's a wacky eccentric drunk girl for the first quarter of her whole character arc. most of her arc she's sober and her whole thing is how friendly and supportive and down to earth she is.

it's almost like they didn't read the comic.
yeah,, god
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

asocksual
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: seer of space I think

Post by asocksual » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:46 pm

She's the best... she's kind and stong and funny and she brought calliope back to life with the ring and it was one of the best romantic gestures in the whole story! and when she dove in to hug rose, and her response to dave calling jane john's hot mom, and god I miss her dynamic with jane so much and I wish it could grown healthier... Roxy...
:kitty: hi.

xeno
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Knight of Light or Rage

Post by xeno » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Sylandrophol wrote:
That's kind of how the fandom does things. They boil down characters to a few memorable traits and ignore any actual development. Or at least that's how it is with short comics like the ones Octopimp and those kinds of channels used to dub. The things are as shallow as "Roxy drunk. Dave cool. John nerd. Joke."

I may or may not be way too harsh on those sorts of things, but it's something that's always bugged me.
"Love should be abolished..."
-Garlic, Book of Mario 64

seerofheart

Post by seerofheart » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:41 pm

xeno wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:26 pm
Roxy drunk. Dave cool. John nerd.
The great irony is that Roxy stops being drunk, Dave stops being cool, and John becomes the most socially adept one in the group.
Welcome back to 2007

xxSeerxofxHeartxx

You're keeping in step
In the line
Because you do
What you're told

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind

Post by pfeffer-29 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Roxy is my favorite of the alpha kids.

The Roxy in Homestuck proper, aside from being one of the few characters whose arcs remained intact post-retcon, also has some of the best dialogue of the comic in my opinion. She helped me get through the first bits of Act 6, where the plot mainly consisted of alpha kid relationship drama, and also through the rest of Act 6. Roxy is a good person and an interesting character and I like her. That's all I got for the main comic.

I think Meat Roxy was one of his epilogue's only redeeming qualities. I'm not sure I liked how his transition was handled, but other than that, he was a solid character and more readable than 3/4ths of the cast. He remained relatively funny and cool and kind, which was a breath of fresh air in Meat. (I want him to give Dirk a solid faceslap.) Barring the time he called Davekat cute, this Roxy did pretty well.

Candy Roxy was one of the best parts of her epilogue. I don't usually like fluffy relationship-based stories, but this Roxy made it work. I found her arc to be well-written and relatable and--dare I say--heartwarming. She's not sure what she's doing, or even who she is, but she tries anyway. Candy's ambiguous ending actually worked for her. She is the reason I like Candy more than Meat.

tl;dr: Roxy good
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 pm

Sylandrophol wrote:
not to be too on the nose but
I have never heard this take ever. Pretty much everyone I have ever spoken to ever in my life about Roxy has been more than appreciative of her arc
idk who you're hangin out with bro but they clearly have not developed a keen eye for philosophy, metaphor, or literary critique in genre-defying online artwork and culture of the modern day
Image Perfection.

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 pm

MorganMustDie wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 pm
Sylandrophol wrote:
not to be too on the nose but
I have never heard this take ever. Pretty much everyone I have ever spoken to ever in my life about Roxy has been more than appreciative of her arc
idk who you're hangin out with bro but they clearly have not developed a keen eye for philosophy, metaphor, or literary critique in genre-defying online artwork and culture of the modern day
it's generally alot of like, 2011-2013 fandom culture, stuff you see on yt historically at the time--ancient meme videos and whatnot
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND