Best Sprite?

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
AylaKD
Pronouns: they/them

Best Sprite?

Post by AylaKD » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:26 pm

Who is your favorite "sprite" character? Mine is Davepetasprite^2. :andrew:

aquaticFoxfire
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: Best Sprite?

Post by aquaticFoxfire » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:30 pm

Nannasprite. There's just something so fun about an old ghost lady who is also a harliquin. Then Davesprite comes in for a close second.

read Memes and Memories
What to do now? is another project I've got.
also go read AfterLife

Shaddytheguy
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Blood
Moon: Prospit

Post by Shaddytheguy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:57 pm

I think this is difficult to rank because you have sprites that are essentially characters unto themselves like Nanna and Jaspers, but then you have characters that are just existing characters in another context, like Dave, Rose and Jade get. Sure, we call Davesprite Davesprite because he persists as a distinct character arc from Dave and comes from an offshoot timeline, but what do we do with stuff like Rose, before she becomes Jasprose? That's the Rose we HAD been following for the prior 7000 pages! And finally, the last few sprites are basically just ressurections for existing characters, including the fusions. Tavros, ARquius and Erisol and such only really exist because their contemporaries had been out of the game so long that this was just one way to give them a little more than they got, and even THAT isn't much, since they exclusively make Fefeta the butt of jokes by NOT letting her say or do anything (and frankly, excluding that A6I5 scene ARquius is basically just Equius with AR's mannerisms).

I wouldn't blame people for liking all the beta-session sprites the best because they keep shit relatively simple. Where the hell am I supposed to rank a sprite that's basically just a personification of Vriska and Tavros hating life and then exploding after ten seconds?

[[[ven

Post by [[[ven » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:56 am

Jasprosesprite^2 (although I guess shes kinda two sprites). She's basically rose but more silly and less worried about how people see her. Otherwise Erisolsprite because it's funny how much of an asshole he is.