A detail I noticed

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
Tofutush++
Pronouns: She/her
Classpect: Prince of Void
Moon: Derse

A detail I noticed

Post by Tofutush++ » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:39 pm

I'm not sure which topic to post this into, so I created a new one. I hope that's alright.

So when Vriska got beaten up by Robo-Aradia and made Tavros carry her to the Quest Cocoon and tried to make him kill her, I think Tavros actually did the right choice, not killing her!

No moral discussion here, only logic. Because Quest Cocoons aren't like Quest Beds, they literally explode when ascending, and I wouldn't believe it if you said the explosion won't harm anyone nearby. If Tavros killed Vriska right there, he would be caught in the explosion, since he wouldn't be very quick to get in the rocket chair due to his paralyzed legs (whose fault is that...). Vriska would ascend, but Tavros wouldn't, and I doubt that his body would be fit for the kiss-revival after that.

SO! Is this yet another of Vriska's manipulation schemes? Like, if Tavros killed her, he would die and she would ascend, making Tavros sacrifice his life just so she could have less pain in dying, before immediately getting revived as a god. If Tavros didn't kill her, she would ascend anyways, and prove he's a wimp and use that as an excuse to kill him later. Right?? Or maybe it's just because Hussie loves Vriska and hates Tavros for whatever reasons??

itsyaboybigBerd
Pronouns: BRUH
Classpect: Bard of Mind
Moon: Prospit

Re: A detail I noticed

Post by itsyaboybigBerd » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:57 am

Tofutush++ wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:39 pm
Or maybe it's just because Hussie loves Vriska and hates Tavros
Hit the nail on the head here

Lord Spooky
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Bard of Space

Post by Lord Spooky » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:16 am

Given Vriska was the first/only member of her party during the game to ascend, I would assume the quest cocoon exploding wasn't something any of them knew would happen. I think her wanting Tavros to kill her was definitely one done in self interest, (lessening the pain of dying) as well as something done as one of her many attempts to "toughen him up", but I don't know if Tavros dying in the explosion was something she would have premeditated.

counterpoint to my own point, though, I guess her dream self was with Terezi's dream self during this happening, and since Terezi is a seer of mind, it could be Terezi let slip that might happen and Vriska planned accordingly. however I think my doubt mostly comes from the fact that, mostly, I feel like if Vriska was planning to kill Tavros there, it would have hopefully been focused on more, or mentioned in passing during the comic- at the very least when Vriska talked to John later immediately after actually killing Tavros.

all in all though, it's an interesting thought.
Or maybe it's just because Hussie loves Vriska and hates Tavros for whatever reasons??
also, yeah. It might just be that. poor Tavros.
hey look at this dog okay :)

Tofutush++
Pronouns: She/her
Classpect: Prince of Void

Post by Tofutush++ » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:20 pm

im not sure! i figured since vriska knew about the ascension already, she would know exactly what would happen, including the explosion. but then, we dont know exactly how much the characters knew about the game.
itsyaboybigBerd wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:57 am
Tofutush++ wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:39 pm
Or maybe it's just because Hussie loves Vriska and hates Tavros
Hit the nail on the head here
so true.