HS^2, dead for real? Or what.

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom
Moon: Derse

HS^2, dead for real? Or what.

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:52 am

So it's been what, a couple years now since HS^2 has updated? Is it officially dead for realzies now or are we just waiting for a big diarrhea dookie shit to land on our internet doorstep still?
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

aquaticFoxfire
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Doom

Re: HS^2, dead for real? Or what.

Post by aquaticFoxfire » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:37 am

they're doing it in quiet...maybe.

I'm gonna be honest I just want to see what they were gonna do with it. Sure it's probably gonna suck ass or whatever, but I still wanna know.

I guess I kinda hope that they really are doing it. But if they actually did abandon it, eh, I have fanadventures I can read.

read Memes and Memories
What to do now? is another project I've got.
also go read AfterLife

doldrumCalamity
Pronouns: they/it
Classpect: knight of time

Post by doldrumCalamity » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:22 pm

i mean supposedly it was "privately commissioned" and will be released in one big go when its finished but weve all seen how homestuck people handle being given money before wwwwwwww

really though it doesnt matter. its like the watchmen problem, yknow? the original was such lightening in a bottle everything after its just a pale piece of dogshit at your front door. youre better off reading the maxx or something if you want strange-colored weirdos with bits of yellow/orange jutting out of them.
im FuCKING kiinniing bRo Bo) Image

harmoniousCalamity

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:24 pm

doldrumCalamity wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:22 pm
i mean supposedly it was "privately commissioned" and will be released in one big go when its finished but weve all seen how homestuck people handle being given money before wwwwwwww

really though it doesnt matter. its like the watchmen problem, yknow? the original was such lightening in a bottle everything after its just a pale piece of dogshit at your front door. youre better off reading the maxx or something if you want strange-colored weirdos with bits of yellow/orange jutting out of them.
Fair enough, I'm not expecting anything good from the fanwork ever, I just am wondering if we will ever get to see the finished shitshow or not. like, man I want to see SO badly how they end up fucking everything up even more
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---

doldrumCalamity
Pronouns: they/it
Classpect: knight of time

Post by doldrumCalamity » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:14 pm

harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:24 pm
doldrumCalamity wrote:

Fair enough, I'm not expecting anything good from the fanwork ever, I just am wondering if we will ever get to see the finished shitshow or not. like, man I want to see SO badly how they end up fucking everything up even more
lol there was some bullshit recently on twitter about people "hating on" fanworks but im in that same boat. cant think of any good MSPFAs, webcomics are dead, long live webcomics! im sure if homestuck^2 actually gets its ending itll be an internet shitshow to end all internet shitshows. im sure somewhere in the credits we will see chrischan or something.
im FuCKING kiinniing bRo Bo) Image

harmoniousCalamity

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:36 pm

doldrumCalamity wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:14 pm
harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:24 pm
doldrumCalamity wrote:

lol there was some bullshit recently on twitter about people "hating on" fanworks but im in that same boat. cant think of any good MSPFAs, webcomics are dead, long live webcomics! im sure if homestuck^2 actually gets its ending itll be an internet shitshow to end all internet shitshows. im sure somewhere in the credits we will see chrischan or something.
gen if chrischan was able to touch HS^2 from where they are now, my enjoyment of HS^2 would become legitimate to some degree

compassionateCrafter

Post by compassionateCrafter » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:02 am

I almost don't want it to continue. reading it was painful -10/10 I actually cried when I first read it in the worst way possible. still trying to push it out of my mind lmao. some of the concepts were interesting but wow some stuff really just sucked.

from what I've heard, the whole Patreon "people are being too mean" post was kind of true but the project was also put on a halt with some things going on with WP with legal issues and all that.

I guess we'll see what happens but I'm not sure if I'm gonna be the one to try reading it. ill just wait to see what others say in case there's a chance it's worth reading.

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by aspiringWatcher » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:44 pm

I think they will post it, and the only good thing that will come out of it will be the character designs, just like it is with the currently-released HS^2 chunk.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.