Rant About homestuck

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
Spongeybunny
Pronouns: He/she/xe
Classpect: Maid of Mind
Moon: Derse

Rant About homestuck

Post by Spongeybunny » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:36 pm

Rant About homestuck Like favorite characters, problematic faves, How much you hate a character, and stuff like that!!

Have fun and share ur thoughts!!! :chummy:
:chummy: Number one egbert stan :chummy:

contrabandToxicant
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Space
Moon: Prospit

Re: Rant About homestuck

Post by contrabandToxicant » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm

Somestimes Hussie/the writing team use such purple prose it can be a major slog to get through some pages. I know it's often for characterisation or for jokes but auugh it can get annoying sometimes. Rare though and the story it tells is usually worth it.

Spongeybunny
Pronouns: He/she/xe
Classpect: Maid of Mind

Post by Spongeybunny » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:44 am

contrabandToxicant wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:40 pm
Somestimes Hussie/the writing team use such purple prose it can be a major slog to get through some pages. I know it's often for characterisation or for jokes but auugh it can get annoying sometimes. Rare though and the story it tells is usually worth it.
Yeah i so agree!! it can get annoying at times especially if its taking away from an interesting plotline :vigorous: (this is my substitute for the sobbing emoji )
:chummy: Number one egbert stan :chummy:

Galactic_Warrior

Post by Galactic_Warrior » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:56 pm

Even though Vriska is not my favorite character (because of what she did to Tavros and made Bec Noir. [but she is funny when used in memes.]), she could have a better redemption arc than what we got. :what:
:orange: Orange juice :orange:

itsyaboybigBerd
Pronouns: BRUH
Classpect: Bard of Mind
Moon: Prospit

Post by itsyaboybigBerd » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:33 pm

A lot of the music from homestuck reminds me of other music.
Gold Pilot feels like it was inspired by Radiohead's Kid A.
That iconic xylophone riff in Sburban Jungle/Countdown reminds me of the intro to Black Magic Woman by Santana
Kinda outlandish but the bridge in Sunslammer reminds me of the Terran music from Starcraft: Broodwar

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:11 am

Galactic_Warrior wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:56 pm
Even though Vriska is not my favorite character (because of what she did to Tavros and made Bec Noir. [but she is funny when used in memes.]), she could have a better redemption arc than what we got. :what:
I'm not entirely sure that her coming back to live and getting favoritism from andrew counts as having a "redemption arc", it seems like she was as horrible as ever. (Unless you are talking about (Virksa) in which case, yeah I would've loved to see her arc more.)
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

compassionateCrafter

Post by compassionateCrafter » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:49 am

honestly, my rants are:

Meenah and vriska. yeah that was. something. 19 something year old and a thirteen year old get together, 19 year old meenah leaves the 13 year old vriska because she changed too much so she left that vriska for another.

Hussie writing in a character of himself thats constantly makes passes as vriska.

the way fans make any excuse to be racist of their favorite black and white draw characters are given skin colors they dont think should be right.

the normalization of incest everywhere because hussie said "everything is canon!!11!"

Love this fandom though i do i wont lie a good portion of the fandom shit is honestly frustrating to see again and again