Troll Nipples are REAL. Change my mind

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
musicalEmpathist
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Prospit

Re: Troll Nipples are REAL. Change my mind

Post by musicalEmpathist » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:06 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:46 pm
That is most certainly headcanon. There is certainly a way that Trolls differ by gender, hence females having mammary mounds.

The slurry doesn't seem like a natural part of troll reproduction- there's no way this species was born to have robots beat them up unless they splooge into a bucket, likely that's just a way to control the population. Also, John and Terezi do it in the Epilogues, which could imply some form of analogous parts.
That is entirely fair, I frequently confuse headcanon and actual canon lol but that begs the question- why do the Mother Grubs exist? Were they naturally part of troll reproduction from the start or were they inserted into the cycle? If not, are they artificially-created beings or do they just happen to be genetically compatible with Trolls and someone saw an opportunity? I personally assumed they just bred in the same way as bees before the drones were part of the process.

As for John and Terezi, we do know that Trolls have anuses, so- yanno. *shrug* Could go either way lmao
- River Lee
"The pajamas are the facade"

Endater
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Butt of Joke
Moon: Derse

Post by Endater » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:33 pm

musicalEmpathist wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:06 pm
BrobyDDark wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:46 pm
That is most certainly headcanon. There is certainly a way that Trolls differ by gender, hence females having mammary mounds.

The slurry doesn't seem like a natural part of troll reproduction- there's no way this species was born to have robots beat them up unless they splooge into a bucket, likely that's just a way to control the population. Also, John and Terezi do it in the Epilogues, which could imply some form of analogous parts.
That is entirely fair, I frequently confuse headcanon and actual canon lol but that begs the question- why do the Mother Grubs exist? Were they naturally part of troll reproduction from the start or were they inserted into the cycle? If not, are they artificially-created beings or do they just happen to be genetically compatible with Trolls and someone saw an opportunity? I personally assumed they just bred in the same way as bees before the drones were part of the process.

As for John and Terezi, we do know that Trolls have anuses, so- yanno. *shrug* Could go either way lmao
One of my favorite headcanons is that the Mother Grubs are the biological females of the troll species, and both male and female trolls are biologically "Male"--when it comes to reproduction at least. "Male" and "female" trolls are just different kinds of male trolls.

The Mother Grub could also be like queen bee, and the rest of the trolls are like drones and workers.

On the subject of troll boobs: If the only difference between male and female trolls are chest sacks, would that mean that trolls wouldn't know that they're girls until troll puberty? :what:
ImageImage

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:07 am

Endater wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:33 pm
musicalEmpathist wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:06 pm

One of my favorite headcanons is that the Mother Grubs are the biological females of the troll species, and both male and female trolls are biologically "Male"--when it comes to reproduction at least. "Male" and "female" trolls are just different kinds of male trolls.

The Mother Grub could also be like queen bee, and the rest of the trolls are like drones and workers.

On the subject of troll boobs: If the only difference between male and female trolls are chest sacks, would that mean that trolls wouldn't know that they're girls until troll puberty? :what:
It's the only known difference between male and female trolls. Given how cartoony the art of the trolls is, we can't really say for certain what other differences are, though maybe female trolls typically grow longer hair or have fuller lips?

Regardless, we know of a singular way to distinguish between male and female trolls, so the boobas must have SOME biological reason for existing. Whether that be extra protection around the chest area (maybe without them female trolls could just get punched wrong and instantly die?) or for attracting mates (they are a very romance-focused species, despite how violent they are) or maybe they're just venom sacs, or where they store their genetic material (try not to think about it.)

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:56 pm

They could be vestigial. Like instead of losing function for the appendix they lost function for the tit - however, it's still a secondary sexual characteristic, so Trolls often choose partners with nice tits, so they haven't evolved out of the gene pool yet.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

musicalEmpathist

Post by musicalEmpathist » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:09 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:56 pm
They could be vestigial. Like instead of losing function for the appendix they lost function for the tit - however, it's still a secondary sexual characteristic, so Trolls often choose partners with nice tits, so they haven't evolved out of the gene pool yet.
That just makes me think Troll tibbies are like colorful feathers on birds, and frankly I am going to run with this idea for the rest of my life. You cannot tell me otherwise, this is my new canon.
- River Lee

Endater
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Butt of Joke

Post by Endater » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:34 pm

musicalEmpathist wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:09 pm
luigi wrote:
That just makes me think Troll tibbies are like colorful feathers on birds, and frankly I am going to run with this idea for the rest of my life. You cannot tell me otherwise, this is my new canon.
Troll boobs sound like maracas when you shake them around. They're used in troll mating dances :cal:
ImageImage

musicalEmpathist

Post by musicalEmpathist » Thu May 20, 2021 9:47 am

Endater wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:34 pm
Troll boobs sound like maracas when you shake them around. They're used in troll mating dances :cal:
That one bellydancing troll oc I saw once has a whole new context now :cal:
- River Lee

luigi

Post by luigi » Thu May 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Endater wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:34 pm
musicalEmpathist wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:09 pm
luigi wrote:
This has implications for how the tits feel. If the skin is soft and the tits have the same fluidity as human tits then they must feel like bean bags.

TantamountTurnabout
Pronouns: He/him

Post by TantamountTurnabout » Mon May 31, 2021 3:46 pm

What if the mother grub is a Neotonous troll specialized towards reproduction, and adult trolls evolved away from independent reproduction to the point that it became impossible (Much Like The Micromalthus Debilis, though with partial rather than full sterility). This may leave room for secondary sex characteristics or traits typically associated with mammalian child rearing (tiddies, and especially, nip nops) to persist in adulthood, without selection against them because the traits are necessary for the proper development of the mother grub.
*demonterializes*

luigi

Post by luigi » Mon May 31, 2021 9:06 pm

TantamountTurnabout wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:46 pm
What if the mother grub is a Neotonous troll specialized towards reproduction, and adult trolls evolved away from independent reproduction to the point that it became impossible (Much Like The Micromalthus Debilis, though with partial rather than full sterility). This may leave room for secondary sex characteristics or traits typically associated with mammalian child rearing (tiddies, and especially, nip nops) to persist in adulthood, without selection against them because the traits are necessary for the proper development of the mother grub.
Does that mean no maraca bean bag tiddy?

TantamountTurnabout
Pronouns: He/him

Post by TantamountTurnabout » Mon May 31, 2021 9:59 pm

luigi wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:06 pm
Does that mean no maraca bean bag tiddy?
I mean, anything's Possible.
Though I feel like if troll breasts made an audible sound when they moved it would have come up at least once. Or maybe everyone's just being polite, that's also an option.
*demonterializes*

aquaticFoxfire
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Doom

Post by aquaticFoxfire » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:04 pm

syrupsand wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:17 am
imagine sucking a trolls nipple and it squirts out fucking cum
That sounds horrifying.

read Memes and Memories
What to do now? is another project I've got.
also go read AfterLife