What if homestuck was family friendly?

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
SBURBDUDE12
Pronouns: he/him

What if homestuck was family friendly?

Post by SBURBDUDE12 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:06 am

I know what your thinking, and I totally get it, it's just one of those late-night questions I have.
I would also love to hear your thoughts on a family-friendly Homestuck :rosecool: .
G A M Z E E is cool

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Re: What if homestuck was family friendly?

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Karkat woudn't survive

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom
Moon: Derse

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:04 am

I think the funniest part of this would be the romance. I would imagine that everything for trolls excluding <3s/<3<s would be axed, and <3< would legitimately be what a kissmesis is meant to be, but seen more through a child lens, OR it would be seen as a pair of characters childishly bulling one another. This also means that those who are in <> would be shoved into <3s regardless if it makes proper sense or not. (Unless it happens to be a wlw or mlm ship, then they just become super best friends ofc) Clubs gets ignored, but since it often is ignored anyways, it's not like you'd be missing out on much.

I also think the family friending of all of the alchemized items that are named inappropriately and/or contain non family friendly ideas, would be very funny to see, because then they have to take the absurd and make it more absurd, but just in a different way. (Imagine not having the wrinklefucker :distraught: )
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:05 am

Homestuck but kid friendly would just be iCarly, prove me the fuck wrong

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:38 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:05 am
Homestuck but kid friendly would just be iCarly, prove me the fuck wrong
can't prove wrong someone who's right

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:21 pm

harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:04 am
I think the funniest part of this would be the romance. I would imagine that everything for trolls excluding <3s/<3<s would be axed, and <3< would legitimately be what a kissmesis is meant to be, but seen more through a child lens, OR it would be seen as a pair of characters childishly bulling one another. This also means that those who are in <> would be shoved into <3s regardless if it makes proper sense or not. (Unless it happens to be a wlw or mlm ship, then they just become super best friends ofc) Clubs gets ignored, but since it often is ignored anyways, it's not like you'd be missing out on much.

I also think the family friending of all of the alchemized items that are named inappropriately and/or contain non family friendly ideas, would be very funny to see, because then they have to take the absurd and make it more absurd, but just in a different way. (Imagine not having the wrinklefucker :distraught: )
Yeah all the lgbt themes would be completely axed.

Because it's not family friendly to be gay according to most major media institutions.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

Scrungo
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Heir of Blood
Moon: Derse

Post by Scrungo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:40 pm

honestly, i was low key concerned that Viz was going to do this exact thing when the first HS book released.
I reluctantly opened up the first book at my local B&N, only to give a sign of relief when i saw all of my beloved swears still in tact <3

i dont really have much to add about the topic at hand, but good GOD im glad viz didnt try to make it family friendly like they try to with so many of their manga ._.

Tenebris_Emeraldwing
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Tenebris_Emeraldwing » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:30 pm

It would lose a lot of its appeal and probably would've never gotten as big as it did.