Last Thursday-ism and Deltarune

Discuss Toby Fox's Undertale/Deltarune (and all related works) here!
Endater
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Butt of Joke
Moon: Derse

Last Thursday-ism and Deltarune

Post by Endater » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:53 pm

Last Thursday-ism is the idea that everything only came into existence last Thursday. It also often goes by Last Wednesday-ism or Tuesday-ism. So history didn't really happen, we all just think it did because we came existence thinking it did. If that doesn't make sense, Vsauce did a video on it, and they explain it a lot better than I ever could.

So my question is: Do Dark Worlds only start existing when they are created? Or did they always exist on some parallel plan, with the dark fountains only allowing lightners to travel to the Dark World?

Right now I'm leaning towards the former, with things like Ralsei saying that the dark fountain gives him his form. I think that's all the evidence I need, personally. And there's some weird hoops to, jump through with the parallel planes idea. Like what happens if a room completely changes? Or I move an object that's connected to a darkner to another room? So yeah, I definitely think the Dark World only started existing last Thursady (presuming Deltarune chapter 1 takes place on a Thursday)

And to further speculate on: How exactly does this affect the world of Deltarune?
ImageImage

PurplePest29
Pronouns: He/him

Re: Last Thursday-ism and Deltarune

Post by PurplePest29 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:54 pm

lol dead forum.
Yeah i think the test for this would be to see if things from withing the dark places can actually affect anything inside. Because if the intervenning time is just being generated everytime kris & susie go inside, then its impossible for ralsei to affect the outside world except when those 2 are inside.

I havent actually finished chapter 2 tho lool so idk if maybe this has already been disproven.
Uwuw capitawism :lime: