Homestuck Fanmade Friendsim Projects

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
Khiara
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Derse

Homestuck Fanmade Friendsim Projects

Post by Khiara » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:44 pm

So I realized there are 5 Homestuck fanmade friendsim projects already :

- Pesterquest^2 : Beyond Fanon
https://pesterquest2.tumblr.com
(Tavros, Gamzee, and Vriska's route are available. Download at : https://tavr1spr1te.itch.io/pesterquest2)

- Befriendus (A Beforus Befriending Adventure)
https://befriendus.tumblr.com
(First 2 Volumes has been released. Download at : https://spritersblock.itch.io/befriendus)

- Distantquest : An Ancestral Fansim
https://distantquest.tumblr.com
(First 4 Volumes has been released. Download at :
https://distantpast.itch.io/distantquest)

So what do you guys think about them? I've tried them, and they're great so far. Please check them out and have some new fun experiences! :chummy:

Update : Unfortunately, two other fanmade friendsims projects, Dancestorquest and Bubblesim, had been discontinued.

There are also a lot of Alternia-related fanmade friendsims out there. Here's the list given by user javitaxy.
TESTISIM: A continuation to Hiveswap Friendsim. Has 3 volumes out, meaning 6 trolls to befriend! I think it's on hiatus though.

GEARBOXED: Also a continuation to Hiveswap Friendsim. Only 1 volume is out, but it's pretty high quality. The characters are charming, too.

PARADOX LOST: Inspired by the format of Hiveswap Friendsim, it's set on a different planet, features puzzles, and new trolls! Only 1 volume is out right now, but personally I'm pretty excited for the next ones. You can play this one on your browser!

HIVESWAP FANSIM: Another continuation to Hiveswap Friendsim (I think? I haven't played this one yet). Has 2 volumes out, so 4 characters.

THROUGH GREEN DOORS: Continuation to Hiveswap Friendsim, only has the prologue so far. Looks pretty promising, but I don't really know about the creators or if it's even gonna be continued or not.

HIVESWAP FRIENDSIM... 2? I haven't played it yet, but it features 2 trolls! Seems to be a continuation of Friendsim.

FRIENDSIM FANGAME: FAN EDITION: As the name states, it's similar to friendsim. Only has 1 character but I don't know much about it. You can play this one on your browser!

SMETsim: A friendsim where you play as a mutant troll. Linked to the fanventure in MSPFA, SMET.

SNOWBOUND BLOOD: I'm not sure if this counts as a fansim, considering you don't really befriend the characters, but it's really worth putting out there. Also technically not homestuck but Vast Error, but still it's not necessary to read VE first (SBB was what got me into VE desu hahahaha). The story is amazing too. Has 9 volumes out.

MEENKRIBABYSITTINGFIASCO: A fan game where you babysit Meenah's and Kankri's 12 kids. It's not technically a fansim, I guess? But it's still kinda on the same line. Costs 2 dollars tho.

THE FABLED FOUR FINGER DISCOUNT: A short fan game showing your interaction with a peculiar violet blood. It's pretty short but I enjoyed it.
Last edited by Khiara on Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:22 am, edited 8 times in total.

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Re: Homestuck Fanmade Friendsim Projects

Post by calamityCons » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:13 pm

Someday.... I hope to find one focused entirely on the carapaces............. then I will die happy :vigorous:

That said, these projects sound exciting and I'm super happy they exist!
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Khiara

Post by Khiara » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:56 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:13 pm
Someday.... I hope to find one focused entirely on the carapaces............. then I will die happy :vigorous:
AH yeah that would be great too--also with Midnight Crew members, if possible :chummy:

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

Alienoid
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Rogue of Mind
Moon: Prospit

Post by Alienoid » Wed May 27, 2020 2:41 am

Not to necropost or anything but I figured it was worth mentioning that Befriendus has officially released its first two volumes! That's a tally in the "released" column.

Additionally there's Dancestorquest and Bubblesim, since they haven't been listed yet.
I'm the director of Befriendus! Do you wanna make friends with alpha trolls? Check it out here:

Khiara

Post by Khiara » Wed May 27, 2020 3:28 am

Thank you for mentioning it. I had to edit the list right away.

Anyway, where can I find the main link to Distantquest's account/blog?

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

thinglikerbucky
Pronouns: he/hir they/them
Classpect: Witch of Hope

Post by thinglikerbucky » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:21 pm

Digging this one up again because Distant Quest now has FOUR routes out (Prologue, Dolorosa, Signless, Psiioniic, Disciple)!!! Their itch.io page is here: https://distantpast.itch.io/
I make a podcast called Will it Homestuck? where we classpect decidedly non-Homestuck things. Check out our website here: https://willithomestuck.carrd.co/

Khiara

Post by Khiara » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:18 pm

Ah sure! Gotta add the itch.io page. Thank you. :chummy:

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

thinglikerbucky

Post by thinglikerbucky » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 pm

I believe Dancestorquest has been officially discontinued, since there are a couple of tweets about it going away:
I make a podcast called Will it Homestuck? where we classpect decidedly non-Homestuck things. Check out our website here: https://willithomestuck.carrd.co/

Khiara

Post by Khiara » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Ah I see. That's sad tho

Thanks for the info.

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

thinglikerbucky

Post by thinglikerbucky » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:46 am

More bad news, unfortunately: BubbleSim is canceled 3: https://twitter.com/hsbubblesim/status/ ... 42593?s=20

Khiara

Post by Khiara » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:14 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. Gotta update the list.

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

javitaxy
Pronouns: she/he/they
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Post by javitaxy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:51 am

Is this just for Fansims that are related to official homestuck characters? Cuz if not, there are plenty of fansims with original characters out there that are worth checking out.
:ecstatic: Ey

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:39 am

I don't see why you couldn't share any Fanmade Friendsims that use fan characters!
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Khiara

Post by Khiara » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:38 pm

javitaxy wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:51 am
Is this just for Fansims that are related to official homestuck characters? Cuz if not, there are plenty of fansims with original characters out there that are worth checking out.
Oh sure you can share them. Sorry I didn't know much about them. Please share them here, and I'll put them into the main post.

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

javitaxy
Pronouns: she/he/they
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Post by javitaxy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:07 pm

Okay then! Here are the Fansims I've seen (all of these are found on itch.io). There might be more around but I dunno!

TESTISIM: A continuation to Hiveswap Friendsim. Has 3 volumes out, meaning 6 trolls to befriend! I think it's on hiatus though.

GEARBOXED: Also a continuation to Hiveswap Friendsim. Only 1 volume is out, but it's pretty high quality. The characters are charming, too.

PARADOX LOST: Inspired by the format of Hiveswap Friendsim, it's set on a different planet, features puzzles, and new trolls! Only 1 volume is out right now, but personally I'm pretty excited for the next ones. You can play this one on your browser!

HIVESWAP FANSIM: Another continuation to Hiveswap Friendsim (I think? I haven't played this one yet). Has 2 volumes out, so 4 characters.

THROUGH GREEN DOORS: Continuation to Hiveswap Friendsim, only has the prologue so far. Looks pretty promising, but I don't really know about the creators or if it's even gonna be continued or not.

HIVESWAP FRIENDSIM... 2? I haven't played it yet, but it features 2 trolls! Seems to be a continuation of Friendsim.

FRIENDSIM FANGAME: FAN EDITION: As the name states, it's similar to friendsim. Only has 1 character but I don't know much about it. You can play this one on your browser!

SMETsim: A friendsim where you play as a mutant troll. Linked to the fanventure in MSPFA, SMET.

SNOWBOUND BLOOD: I'm not sure if this counts as a fansim, considering you don't really befriend the characters, but it's really worth putting out there. Also technically not homestuck but Vast Error, but still it's not necessary to read VE first (SBB was what got me into VE desu hahahaha). The story is amazing too. Has 9 volumes out.

MEENKRIBABYSITTINGFIASCO: A fan game where you babysit Meenah's and Kankri's 12 kids. It's not technically a fansim, I guess? But it's still kinda on the same line. Costs 2 dollars tho.

THE FABLED FOUR FINGER DISCOUNT: A short fan game showing your interaction with a peculiar violet blood. It's pretty short but I enjoyed it.

I've seen some visual novels that don't really count as "Fansims" or Friendsims or however you wanna call them. Some of these have been discontinued, too. I am now shamelessly going to promote a visual novel I did last year that's basically just a shitpost.
:ecstatic: Ey

Khiara

Post by Khiara » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:20 am

Thank you so much for the additions. Gotta update the post asap

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART