The MSPAFA Lost & Found

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
SC
Pronouns: he/him
Moon: Derse

The MSPAFA Lost & Found

Post by SC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:28 pm

Not sure if this should be merged with this thread but I'll try posting this here anyway.

Ahem.

Everyone knows that the fate of the old MSPA Forums was incredibly tragic, right? That nobody had bothered to archive most of it before its sudden closure in the spring of '16? I'd like to guess that most of us were affected by it in some way, hence why this officially unofficial forum based off the OG forum exists. I, too, have been affected by the closure in a very strong way (in fact, it's probably one of the things I'm still vaguely salty about), so. I'd like to ask all of you a favor, even though it may be a hard one to fulfill:

Can you help me remember what forum adventures the following pictures and/or descriptions are from? I have a backup of my old laptop from somewhere around 2011, and thankfully I was smart enough to save some of the images I really liked from forum adventures I really liked. I'll be posting some images and descriptions from the adventures I remember, and I'm curious if any of you have archives of them, or at the very least if any of you remember them or what they were called.

Feel free to post your own recollections of forum adventures that have been lost in this thread, as well. I won't mind! It'll be like a little 'This Shit Is Why Archive Team Exists' party.

I'll start with three adventures of my own:

Name: Writer's Block
Creator: ??? (maybe stickmasterluke? i don't remember)
Genre: Batshit Crazy

This was basically an adventure about some weirdo being trapped in a weirdo world that bends to the whims of its suggestions. Also there's an almost-naked old wizard in it, too. I remember laughing at this one a fair bit.

Name: ???
Creator: ???
Genre: Canon-adjacent, Adventure

Basically the game ends and all the trolls somehow end up on the human kids' planet. Shenanigans ensue. I thought this adventure was cute, and the art was pretty pleasant, too.

Genre: Second-person Self-insert, Adventure

An adventure involving Hussie n' North as they try to ransack a nearby Homestuck fan-commune. They get lost along the way and end up at an Olive Garden somehow, I think.

Genre: UI-based

[no pictures available]

There was this other one I remember that was basically an adventure taking place on someone's OS desktop. Everything was aliased, and at one point the PC opened up a chat client to talk to someone else about werelions. The adventure didn't get very far, if I remember correctly.

===

These are the only adventures I can recollect so far. I may post about a couple other ones I remember that don't have pictures, too. I'm hoping that with the information I've given you all, maybe you can suss out a source for all the missing info on display here. I believe in you, MSPA Forums^2 community!!! I believe in yooooooooooooooooooooooooooou!!!! <DEAD>
Check out my Homestuck fanpage!
(fanventures, fanfiction, and wikis, oh my!)

:distraught3d: website | mastodon :kitty:

csj
Pronouns: He/They/Bird
Classpect: Waste of Time

Re: The MSPAFA Lost & Found

Post by csj » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:12 am

Hi.

I am familiar with the second adventure and when I can remember the name/author/where they ended up on tumblr I will share.

SC

Post by SC » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:15 am

csj wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:12 am
Hi.

I am familiar with the second adventure and when I can remember the name/author/where they ended up on tumblr I will share.
Oh, nice! Let me know when you recollect that info. I'm incredibly curious. :rorb:

csj

Post by csj » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:36 am

The art was pretty neat but I recall it being short and the author ollie-ing outy. In the meantime, have two gifts.

Grodanquest (As Seen on Trol Seasson!)
http://web.archive.org/web/201305111614 ... -of-Grodan
( also: https://s153.photobucket.com/user/Boba_ ... EST?page=1 )
Spoiler
Show
Kill Al Vriskas
https://mspfa.com/?s=529&p=1

Ian Gitax

Post by Ian Gitax » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:32 pm

Genre: Sci-fi

An adventure about the author of a terrible children's book. An alien that roamed the galaxy searching for great artists, philosophers, and scientists to kidnap liked the book and demanded him. Said alien also had an obsession with blowing up the home planets of the people he kidnapped. Thankfully whatever they were using to blow up planets wasn't working right, and the government wanted this children's book author to stop the alien from blowing up Earth.

Makin

Post by Makin » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:44 pm

Found 2 thanks to me recognizing their artstyle from that troll/human fanchildren art they did and some hardcore reverse searching.

https://mspfa.com/?s=399&p=1

Theiastuck, by demonoflight

SC

Post by SC » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:03 pm

Makin wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:44 pm
Found 2 thanks to me recognizing their artstyle from that troll/human fanchildren art they did and some hardcore reverse searching.

https://mspfa.com/?s=399&p=1

Theiastuck, by demonoflight
OH!! Hah, that's great that it got archived!! Thank you so much!! I'll properly update the OP at some point to reflect this adventure's found-ness.

Ian Gitax wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:32 pm
An adventure about the author of a terrible children's book. (...)
This doesn't ring a bell, but it sounds cool! also nice Crow Cillers avatar lmao

csj

Post by csj » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:25 am

Makin wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:44 pm
demonoflight
yep, still following them on tumblr, from what I can tell... what a throwback

Post by 1011686 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:44 am

Ian Gitax wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Genre: Sci-fi

An adventure about the author of a terrible children's book. An alien that roamed the galaxy searching for great artists, philosophers, and scientists to kidnap liked the book and demanded him. Said alien also had an obsession with blowing up the home planets of the people he kidnapped. Thankfully whatever they were using to blow up planets wasn't working right, and the government wanted this children's book author to stop the alien from blowing up Earth.
I believe you are talking about the adventure Buff McFlintflank and the Helpful Rocks along with its sidestory "We Were Scientists..." both by the author Girth, also goes by Thriggle. It was quite an interesting story as I recall, and the sidestory is actually a very good read in its own right imo, one of my favorite things on MSPFA. A lot of the early pictures are missing, unfortunately, but it switches to Photobucket partway through, which is still up (though with a rather annoying watermark).

Ian Gitax

Post by Ian Gitax » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:34 pm

1011686 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:44 am
I believe you are talking about the adventure Buff McFlintflank and the Helpful Rocks along with its sidestory "We Were Scientists..." both by the author Girth, also goes by Thriggle. It was quite an interesting story as I recall, and the sidestory is actually a very good read in its own right imo, one of my favorite things on MSPFA. A lot of the early pictures are missing, unfortunately, but it switches to Photobucket partway through, which is still up (though with a rather annoying watermark).
That's definitely it, thanks.

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Soooo this is kind of different from what most people in this thread are asking for, but a friend mentioned a fan adventure to me without any other details and I haven't been able to find it. Her information was that it was about a 12 player session where all of them were life players. I think she also mentioned it has a number in it's title? I don't remember the specific number, but I think there was one.
Obviously this doesn't exactly make it easy to find, but if anyone knows about it I'd love a link!
the epilogues were good.