IS Act 8 good.

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
Momo
Pronouns: they/she
Classpect: Sylph of Rage

Re: IS Act 8 good.

Post by Momo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Long time no post here, there's been a couple updates (the most recent ones I'm rather proud of, here are Dirk and Roxy) and also we now have a little discord server. I pray never to regret this decision.

If you wanna check it out Roxy's update contains a functional cookie-clicker style minigame! Okay that is all.
Act 8 | The Rebornening
Dance in the ash and flames.

Post by 1011686 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:48 am

I read Act 8 a while back in 2016, followed it until it went inactive. I noticed when it first started again, but held off for a while, since those multi-character dialogues looked really arduous.
And they kind of were. But honestly I'm glad I caught up just recently, it's very nice to read. I don't what it is, but I find what it's done with Homestuck just appeals to me in some way.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:11 am

1011686 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:48 am
I read Act 8 a while back in 2016, followed it until it went inactive. I noticed when it first started again, but held off for a while, since those multi-character dialogues looked really arduous.
And they kind of were. But honestly I'm glad I caught up just recently, it's very nice to read. I don't what it is, but I find what it's done with Homestuck just appeals to me in some way.
Awww late reply on my part but thanks. We've basically done all the story up until resolve, so I'm sorry to report a pause in updates until late September while I finish it (yes really I mean it this time, I think.) But hopefully this flash will be big & impressive enough to be worth it.
Act 8 | The Rebornening

Post by 1011686 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:59 am

Oh yeah, also meant to ask, how exactly does the infinite grist loop roxy has set up work? I didn't really get that, like i understand it mainly works using those widgets that could convert objects into grist but i dont get how she altered them. Did she just make them not use up the card when it went through?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:13 pm

1011686 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:59 am
Oh yeah, also meant to ask, how exactly does the infinite grist loop roxy has set up work? I didn't really get that, like i understand it mainly works using those widgets that could convert objects into grist but i dont get how she altered them. Did she just make them not use up the card when it went through?
Oh yeah, that. Basically-- admittedly the idea of "nesting a function inside itself" is more of a gesture towards larger themes of recursion and reproduction (cellular mitosis, the mother grubs being born with matriorbs that become mother grubs, universes making themselves via SBURB) than it is a coherent explanation of anything. The idea is when it processes an object into grist, part of that processing the thing is to process the thing again. So it runs forever once it's set up, generating grist per second off of a single cube. I think I probably just wrote it like a dumbass, you're not wrong for being confused.

To continue to promise there are themes here, act 8 is talking a lot about motherhood with rose, roxy & kanaya (among other characters) as not just a biological or emotional process but a sort of quality reality just has, I guess? It's a numbers game. The idea being that even after you solve every other problem, the universe is still made of math and somebody has to deal with that.

I got off topic there but thanks for asking!
Act 8 | The Rebornening