Synodic Reboot [11/05/20: "The Projection"]

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
Zerio

Synodic Reboot [11/05/20: "The Projection"]

Post by Zerio » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Note: This adventure can't be read on this thread alone; you must view it on the mirror.

Hey, so welcome to the SR thread! Technically the third, counting the ones on the original MSPAF and on OmegaUpdate. This is going to be more of a place for me to put out update notification links and for anyone interested to submit commands or discuss the adventure, rather than a full mirror. If you haven't heard of it, it's an adventure mixing its own take on the Sburbventure format with its own identity, featuring a session of ten adlets currently at 900 pages and several full flash animations, so definitely check it out if that sorta thing interests you.

There hasn't been an update in a bit, as the thread subtitle shows, but I've been working on it; hoping to get it done in a week at most and then resume more frequent updates.

Also as a bit of a fun fact, the adventure's arc number (as well as my own) is 105, but its OmegaUpdate thread ID was 104. 104 also wound up being my profile number here. What are the odds?
Last edited by Zerio on Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 14 times in total.

cyanogreen

Re: Synodic Reboot [9/24/19: Looming Spire]

Post by cyanogreen » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:59 pm

those are some pretty wack odds
sometimes things are just meant to be? or not be but be tantalizingly close to being because the universe has a sense of irony.
Rules of engagement
  • Do not feed after midnight.
  • Read Adminstuck
  • Under No Circumstances Should You Read Color Coded. At least, For Now.
  • Please Visit Our Twitter For Further Briefing Regarding Subject _______

richarde

Re: Synodic Reboot [9/24/19: Looming Spire]

Post by richarde » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Synodic reboot is awesome, i would give my kidneys for it

Zerio is cool boy confirmed
um actually im baby ~ they/them ~ read synodic reboot

Zerio

Re: Synodic Reboot [11/30/19: Discount DImension]

Post by Zerio » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:27 pm

Finally got the flash update done, the thing that was keeping the adventure from updating for so long.

>[S] Xzavier: Bargain.

Deageon

Re: Synodic Reboot [11/30/19: Discount Dimension]

Post by Deageon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:25 pm

full honestly I can't stop seeing the main character from ratchet and clank or whatever when I look at the main orange-y furred dude

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:52 pm

I don't dislike furries but I dont like the MASSIVE ears(specially how they weirdly look like wings) and the way the characters have a grin 90% of the time is really off putting, specially in their sprite renders.
Gunn looks fine in the first few panels and really cute as well but it looks like every other time they have a big smile and its really weird

the characters look like cereal box mascots but I think that's my one pet peeve I have with it, despite that I like the characters and the weird setting

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Zerio

Post by Zerio » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Deageon wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:25 pm
full honestly I can't stop seeing the main character from ratchet and clank or whatever when I look at the main orange-y furred dude
That's fair aha, adlets do have a bit of a similarity to lombaxes and as such have been compared somewhat often over the years. Not that I'm complaining.
PilotBlackSmith wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:52 pm
I don't dislike furries but I dont like the MASSIVE ears(specially how they weirdly look like wings) and the way the characters have a grin 90% of the time is really off putting, specially in their sprite renders.
Gunn looks fine in the first few panels and really cute as well but it looks like every other time they have a big smile and its really weird

the characters look like cereal box mascots but I think that's my one pet peeve I have with it, despite that I like the characters and the weird setting
I'm glad you like it, and thanks for the feedback! I'll make a note to tone down on the ear size a bit and vary expressions more in the future; the latter of these points never really dawned on me, believe it or not.

Zerio

Post by Zerio » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Just finished the Youtube mirror for the most recent flash, in case anyone needed it.

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by aspiringWatcher » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:39 pm

That was a v sweet flash. Keep up the good work.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

Zerio

Synodic Reboot [12/28/19: Propuls 13 Issues]

Post by Zerio » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:07 pm

>=====> (7 pages)

aspiringWatcher wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:39 pm
That was a v sweet flash. Keep up the good work.
Thanks much!

Zerio

Re: Synodic Reboot [1/05/19: Retreading Conversation]

Post by Zerio » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:17 pm

>=====> (9 pages)

Radical Dude 42

Re: Synodic Reboot [1/05/19: Retreading Conversation]

Post by Radical Dude 42 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:24 pm

Nice update! Actually, the dialogue and subject matter of this update (well, really, this *AND* a lot of the current updates) made me think about how it's interesting how like, nobody really WANTS to work with Xzavier, but they have to. Or like, that's not exactly it, but a lot of the time I see "friends" in MSPFAs where they don't seem friendly with eachother at all, and they kind of all treat eachother like dirt. And whereas Xzavier IS a jerk like this, Zariyah and co. don't ALL act like they're supposed to be friends! There's reluctance to working with him, which isn't something I've ever seen in an MSPFA before. Or, well, I guess FAIR reluctance. It makes sense to not want to play with him.

Zerio

Re: Synodic Reboot [1/19/20: Stoned Exposition]

Post by Zerio » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:25 pm

>=====> (5 pages)
Radical Dude 42 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:24 pm
Nice update! Actually, the dialogue and subject matter of this update (well, really, this *AND* a lot of the current updates) made me think about how it's interesting how like, nobody really WANTS to work with Xzavier, but they have to. Or like, that's not exactly it, but a lot of the time I see "friends" in MSPFAs where they don't seem friendly with eachother at all, and they kind of all treat eachother like dirt. And whereas Xzavier IS a jerk like this, Zariyah and co. don't ALL act like they're supposed to be friends! There's reluctance to working with him, which isn't something I've ever seen in an MSPFA before. Or, well, I guess FAIR reluctance. It makes sense to not want to play with him.
Thanks, I really appreciate it! Even though Xzavier's pretty good friends with Brey/xustosImpulsivity, even he feels Xzavier's a bit much sometimes, aha. I do agree it's a lot more interesting when characters don't get along or clash for reasons that make sense rather than a general "oh the narrative says they don't like each other" or just, as you commented, all get along.
Last edited by Zerio on Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zerio

Re: Synodic Reboot [2/13/20: Uneven Set]

Post by Zerio » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:33 pm

>=====> (8 pages)

Zerio

Re: Synodic Reboot [2/13/20: Uneven Set]

Post by Zerio » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:02 pm

Zerio

Re: Synodic Reboot [3/3/20: Gone Dark]

Post by Zerio » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Zerio

Re: Synodic Reboot [3/19/20: Back To The Future, Of The Past ... So The Present]

Post by Zerio » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:00 pm

>=====> (9 pages)

Zerio

Re: Synodic Reboot [4/8/20: Hits the Spire]

Post by Zerio » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:54 pm