chaosbound is awesome, join and read upon it

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
baseybol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Fangirl of Bone
Moon: Derse

chaosbound is awesome, join and read upon it

Post by baseybol » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:58 am

i dont know if this counts, but im not sure if anyone is gonna exactly care if it doesnt.

[SPOILER: the reason i question if it counts is because its a discord server, but hey theres like no readers besides me right now :what: ]

so, theres this cool fansession called Chaosbound right? its got 3 years worth of backlog and due to circumstances, at least 36 entire characters with their own paths that they went on, and thats not even counting the ones with extremely complex and such long journeys that they would need an entire recap of their adventures to themselves

theres also a dogboy, eventually theres a talking lettuce, oh right and derse&prospit teenage warcrimes.

its rough around its edges on account of... its format. but i swear that if you were to join it, i could be a guide to tell you how to read it. i promise its not that complicated (most of the time at least)

so yeah, heres an invite to the server, it expires in like a week but hopefully someone finds this before it does. and if it doesnt... well send a message, il hopefully check back by then to see an answer

sbeen a bit lonely reading it all by myself, but hopefully one more person will find this, and then there will be one more hana farley fan in this doggone earth

TL;DR: join the chaosbound server, become a CBS Reader like myself, i promise you that its a pretty good fansession :]
Last edited by baseybol on Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
what the sneef... it snorfing here :nepball:

lavendersiren
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light

Re: chaosbound is awesome, join and read upon it

Post by lavendersiren » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:35 pm

ahhh... its gonna take you and any unlucky artists literal Years to transcribe this story into adventure format, and I say this with the full confidence of someone in a post-session rp with a similar roster size and adventure transcription situation.
What I suggest is that you try to figure out what sort of narrative you want to weave with the storylines you have access to, and focus on the essentials to that particular narrative.
Yes, there will be a lot of unseen moments in the adventure, but you gotta think about your sanity here. 36x365x3 is a big number.
Best of luck to you regardless.
Image Image

baseybol

Post by baseybol » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:12 pm

lavendersiren wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:35 pm
ahhh... its gonna take you and any unlucky artists literal Years to transcribe this story into adventure format, and I say this with the full confidence of someone in a post-session rp with a similar roster size and adventure transcription situation.
What I suggest is that you try to figure out what sort of narrative you want to weave with the storylines you have access to, and focus on the essentials to that particular narrative.
Yes, there will be a lot of unseen moments in the adventure, but you gotta think about your sanity here. 36x365x3 is a big number.
Best of luck to you regardless.
nah, i abandoned hopes of transcribing it with images the second i tried to transcribe another fansession i was in as a webcomic format. though that at least puts me ahead of the other members who think its feasible. havent had the heart to tell them though, dont wanna crush their hopes n dreams. besides. im not even a player in the session. im just a reader whos barely gotten through the first half of one character's route. and going through one more

i have transcribed a couple good moments ive found though. reading has been a bit slower lately what with the end of the year. but hopefully il be able to keep on reading more of it later.

hell i might get to read a third character. and get a break from alex (oh man was it a difficulty spike to read hana THEN alex. dont do this)

actually... transcribing some moments would be pretty good to put in here so i dont sound crazy also. ah well i was in a rush to make this thread at first since i was leaving for someplace.

[the process of transcribing is what ive started to call just... taking the writings out of the discord format and actually putting it in a homestuck webcomic style]
Last edited by baseybol on Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baseybol

Post by baseybol » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:09 pm

had to edit some of the CG/Alex text, which says a lot about him, but anyway heres some transcripts of some chaosbound moments

you know its time like these where im glad im in this early, because it means the later stuff is unknown to me so i can point to these nice things at the start

(the text is in that font cause i think its nicer and easier to read with the text colors)

lavendersiren
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light

Post by lavendersiren » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:33 am

if you really wanna take most of the headache out of the process, I heavily suggest using flare's pesterlog formatifier, since it accepts custom profiles.
https://flaringk.github.io/homestuck5plus/
Of course, you'll still need to add the nametags if those aren't commonly used, but its so much easier than having to also slap in all the color codes manually.
Image Image

baseybol

Post by baseybol » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:25 pm

oh WOW this does genuinely make it less of a headache to transcribe things. glad theres also an html option here

under normal circumstances, i wouldve taken like 20 minutes to do that. oh theres so much mileage to be gotten out of this, hell fucking yes. cant wait to have free time to post more transcribed moments here, this is gonna make them so much EASIER to show! :D

baseybol

Post by baseybol » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:46 pm

alright! its vacation time, which means i can finally put more effort into reading chaosbound.

looking again now, i feel bad for kinda just making all the transcripts be all over the place, all a bunch of characters, from all over the time (though still year 1 stuff)

so, ive decided that this batch of transcripts will be focused on one character, and its all placed in chronological order!

also. heres a drawing i made of him :)

so, when i say chronological first of all i mean these all happen very much in the order they happen in, but theres a lot of stuff im leaving out. also i decided to pick chad as the one to make a batch for because:
1. i think hes a pretty good and decent reader friendly starting point
2. hes a pretty good kid
3. very fun to read :) honestly cant wait to get back to him for realsies

alright, heres the batch now!

still wish i could put these under a spoiler thingy so they wouldnt take up so much space... but it is what it is :(

(ps: ive updated the invite links on the first reply + the one on my signature, so they should actually work again, whoops)