Recruiting Players for a Homebrew Homestuck RP

All your old-school Forum RP related dreams can be achieved in here.
AnimaDisciple
Pronouns: Female (She/Her/etc)
Classpect: Witch of Hope

Recruiting Players for a Homebrew Homestuck RP

Post by AnimaDisciple » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:03 am

I should start this post by stating that the campaign draws only from the existing lore. None of the Homestuck characters, locations or plot-points will appear in this setting. There will also be no Trolls, but the RP does allow for races besides human beings.

Skaian Paradox Wars, as is the name of this campaign, is a fan adventure designed by yours truly which asks: what if not just the Players, but the whole world had become aware of SBURB from the dawn of civilization? What if the powers behind this very irregular session had heavily influenced the course of history and human evolution? What if mankind had tried to colonize the Incipisphere?

If the concept intrigues you then I would be very happy to welcome you into the campaign, given that you can agree to the rules of gameplay. SPW will feature both battles in the style of tabletop games like DnD and dialogue focused sessions. If you are only looking for one of those things then this RP might not be for you. It also, while drawing from Homestuck lore, is very different from anything the original webcomic showed, starting with my own headcanons on what each Class and Aspect represents. While knowledge of Homestuck will certainly help with understanding some things early on, be prepared for concepts completely made up by me. If you're looking to roleplay a by-the-rules SBURB session, this also isn't for you. Finally, the campaign is designed to last for quite a while, both IC and OOC. The Player Characters will start as children and finish as young adults, and the roleplay is likely to go on for over a year. That said, people will be able to join, leave, and change characters midway so long as they're willing to catch up on the story, but if it looks like too large a commitment for you, then it's okay to skip this.

If none of that deterred you from applying, first of all: thank you. Second of all, I'm sorry to inform you that to understand the homebrew system I came up with in my madness, you will need to read the Google Document linked here. It's a long read of 83 pages, not including auxiliary documents. However, if you feel like asking questions over reading the whole thing, post on this thread and I will be happy to answer them, as well as guide you over the concepts and character creation. Do try to skim it at the very least.

This thread is for recruitment and to answer questions. Those accepted will be added to a Discord server and from there we will use Roll20 as well as Google Docs and Google Sheets. Another thread can be made to log the events of the campaign, however, if the RPers so desire it.

That is all for now. Thank you for your time and I hope the idea will intrigue you. Have a nice day!

EDIT: Here's a link to a Google Sheet where you can find the character application format. You can look at the example included to see how it's filled, and again you can ask for my help. Once you're accepted and fill up your spot, I will have it protected to prevent people from messing with it.

EDIT 2: All Player slots have been filled. We're no longer taking applications. However, if you want to be an spectator and/or be contacted when/if a slot frees up, you can request to be added on Discord.
Last edited by AnimaDisciple on Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lavendersiren
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light
Moon: Derse

Re: Recruiting Players for a Homebrew Homestuck RP

Post by lavendersiren » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:06 pm

Man, this stuff sounds hella cool and almost up my alley. If I didn't have so much other stuff going on right now I'd consider joining, but for the sake of consistency I'd better pass on this one.
I wish you good luck tho!
(if you ever want the group to be in contact with an overpowered post-session godtier player from an entirely different earth session AU for like, maybe a single plot arc or something tho, I could dust off one of my SBARG characters for a little while maybe, but that's about all I can offer.)
Image Image

AnimaDisciple

Post by AnimaDisciple » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:18 am

Funny thing is, I have prepared a method in the story for exactly that to happen. So the offer is really appreciated! I might take you up on it one day :pranky:

Other than that, thanks for showing interest in the campaign. If your schedule ever cleans up, do consider joining us!

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:45 am

I would consider joining except I don't particularly care for roll20. Is it gonna be an extremely map heavy game? Something that requires character tokens and such?

AnimaDisciple

Post by AnimaDisciple » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:09 am

You will need a character token or sprite, yes. While combat won't occur every single session, it will still be important. That said, you don't have to design a unique sprite. If you want to you can just find an image on the internet that looks close enough to your intended description, crop it into a circle or square, and call it a day. That's what I myself plan to do for all units the Main Characters will fight.

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Derse

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:06 am

I'm definitely interested, but I don't know if my schedule will allow for such a commitment, especially considering I'm already a part of like 3 other sessions, one of which I'm DM-ing. I'll probably sign up at some point, but it probably won't be immediately. I have to ask though, why did you go to all the trouble of creating your own system. Seems like tablestuck would work fine for a campaign setting like this.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

AnimaDisciple

Post by AnimaDisciple » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Well, the simplest answer is that I wanted to create my own system because I wanted it to be fully adapted towards my vision. Meaning in line with my headcanons on Classes and Aspects, which parts of combat I think should or shouldn't rely on a roll, etc. And overall because I am the obsessive kind.

In terms of your application, we actually filled all our current slots, so at the moment we aren't looking for any more new Players (yes, I will update the post soon). However, it's very possible someone will leave later on, and if by then you're still interested then we will happily look over your application. If you want, I can add you on Discord to keep you up to date and notify you if and when a slot opens up.