The Bubble Machine

All your old-school Forum RP related dreams can be achieved in here.
Deageon

Re: The Bubble Machine

Post by Deageon » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:57 pm

The pale and orange-y haired non-troll would be clearly a smidge startled, seemingly not having noticed the seadweller before they spoke up. Before he could answer or really respond, Jaradi would end up clambering around him towards the other side of the couch she had been propped up on, causing his attention to be drawn away. "Err, Miss Jaradi, are you alright? And uh, no need to call me Mister. Just Jonathan is fine!" That second part of what he said was directed to the void-y Nariet with a weak smile.

MP the OP OG
Pronouns: She/Her/they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by MP the OP OG » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Alcard desided he would rather talk with the seadweller then get involved with Jardis wierd shit again. He takes a sip of his beer then turns to face him.
Hay
He waves at him
Good to $ee I have an actual drinking partner here. $o far everyone in thi$ $pe$ific bubble do$ent drink. Ma$k girl even got unrea$onably angry at me for drinking. And $he $omehow failed to realize that fabric $oke$ up liquid, and then $he yelled at me for getting it wet even though it was her own fault.
He then takes another sip of his beer.
Many thoughts head full (but most of the thoughts are shitposts)

deadlyAdder
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Post by deadlyAdder » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:18 pm

Jaradi, not turning away from Nariet, replies to Jonathan.
JARADI: ( i am well yeSs why? )
She pretends not to hear Alcard.

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:22 pm

Nariet would be looking nervously at Jaradi as she waved at her, She was simply not sure why she was being intensely stared by her. She's a bit unnerved by the stare.

NARIET: U-Uhm... S-Sure Jonathan!
NARIET: How... How do you feel Jaradi? I had to, er, take care of the two rowdy humans...

She was just feeling pretty intimidated at this point that she is not sure what else to say to her.
Last edited by Nep on Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:45 pm

"Well, uh, you kinda got...err...I really don't know how to explain it. I guess it was some kinda ritual? This cerulean chick just appeared behind you and uh, you fell asleep. She took you to the water and cut your hand to leave the bubble, from what she was saying, it was...pardon my language, really fuckin' weird." He nods towards Nariet, his slightly unsure smile growing into a legitimate one.

finallyDeme
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Bard of Mind

Post by finallyDeme » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:54 pm

Cedric looked around casually.

CEDRIC: [=] so [=]
CEDRIC: [=] uh [=]
CEDRIC: [=?] am i being ignored or [=?]
Read Regionlocked on mspfa!

snarfgargle

Post by snarfgargle » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:24 pm

(( yeah don't worry i'm not planning on keeping that kind of length up the whole time. i'd prolly die if i tried :apple: ))

-- x --

Another troll appeared from nowhere in particular. That made four of them now - including Sefron himself - and one pasty, hornless alien. Five in total; an eclectic outcropping of proper weirdos for sure. The newcomer was garbed in an indigo costume, and something about it reminded him of the night; a dark expanse, covered by thick clouds. Not the first thing he'd reach for out of a closet, but at least passable. She said only a few words, and those were directed toward the troll who'd just scampered over the alien she'd been lying on a scant moment ago.

Sefron cocked his eyebrows. Well, all right then. He was used to having this sort of attention thrown at him; so many trolls would bother him for it on a nightly basis. But even this staring seemed a little over-the-top as far as he was concerned. He made no comment, and waited for her to turn her attention elsewhere. The only one out of the group who actually spoke to him was the troll wearing the large red sunhat. It was a questionable fashion choice, Sefron decided. He listened as the stranger slurred on about "actual drinking partners", something about someone being angry about alcohol, and... fabrics?

SEFRON: ... Right. Of course then. :/
SEFRON: You all seem to be an interesting lot of lounging loiterers, wandering around this perplexingly empty dwelling.
SEFRON: I don't suppose any of you are on the more... astute~side or enlightened~side of conversational types?

finallyDeme

Post by finallyDeme » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:40 pm

CEDRIC: [?] are you talking to me or [?]

MP the OP OG

Post by MP the OP OG » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:22 am

enlightened? $o you consider your$elf an intellectual, interesting......
He then turns to the troll with the Christmas tree like horns.
Wernt You being chased by a human a $econd ago? $omething about ac$iddntly killing it'$ liu$u$?

finallyDeme

Post by finallyDeme » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:42 am

Cedric nodded.

CEDRIC: [=!=] on accident [=!=]

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:05 am

"I don't think I uh, count towards being astutely conversational much, hah." There's a sort of underlying nervousness that brings an edge to Jonathan's voice, one that ebbs and flows depending on exactly who he's talking towards. Much more tense towards the seadweller than to the void player, for example, for some reason or other. "You seem...quite relaxed with being in this bubble, if I might say."

snarfgargle

Post by snarfgargle » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:13 am

Sefron chuckled to himself, and took another sip of his drink. It was getting to the point where the olive clinking at the bottom of the glass was becoming more noticeable when he swirled it around in his hand. A pity, but not entirely unexpected. Perhaps next time he'd concoct a more sweet, potent creation. Something with apples and cinnamon spice.

SEFRON: I would not even entertain the idea of considering myself an intellectual. It simply happens to be the most elementary and basic of things that has been woven into my genes.
SEFRON: We sea~dwellers are notoriously well~read and well~educated, as a matter of utterly true and incredibly adroit fact.
SEFRON: And that is not to say I could not enjoy a scintillating conversation with those many individuals incapable of matching or properly interpreting my shining wit, but I much prefer to engage in garrulous behaviors with those who are at least somewhat adept and accomplished when it comes to the art of discussion. :]

deadlyAdder

Post by deadlyAdder » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:00 am

(( Jaradi's wearing her mask, it's still on her face. ))

Jaradi tilts her head for a moment before she smiles behind her mask.
JARADI: ( * i am feeling well and un harmed and i am com plete ly unaware of any ritualSs that happened although it doeSs sSound "reall-e fuck-kin weerd" * )
She turns her attention to Sefron briefly, the emotion leaving her staring eyes as the violetblood starts talking about seadwellers being great or something, who even cares anyway.
JARADI: ( where i come from the majority of sSeadwellerSs are dead. )

Her tone of voice had seemed to take on a slightly brighter, shining tone. Like, oh, I don't know, a star. But when she speaks to Sefron, that tone leaves her voice. Perhaps she dislikes arrogance.

MP the OP OG

Post by MP the OP OG » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:57 am

cool, cool. I don't know why he would be $o $ore about it though. I mean once you reach a $ertent age your lu$u$ ba$icly become$ pointle$$ a$ you don't need them anymore. But they $till try and bo$$ you around $ometime$ and by then their ju$t annoying.
He takes a sip from his beer
But hey, Maby the$e human$ lu$u$ have a different purpo$e. I haven't really interacted with many human$.

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:59 pm

"I uh, guess the feeling well bit came from the lady healing you? Guess you're okay though, so err, no real reason for me to be paranoid about it." The human shrugs as he readjusts his position on the couch, glancing at the other people in the room.

snarfgargle

Post by snarfgargle » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:11 pm

"Dead" sea-dwellers? Sefron cocked one of his well-groomed eyebrows. It was something that could be possible, certainly, if this curious troll was from some planet other than or adjacent to Alternia. His waking self would have most likely laughed off such an assertion. But in that moment, he supposed it was a feasible notion; dreaming selves tended to take more implausible information like that in stride.

SEFRON: I suppose that would then be the explanation behind your lack of manners and civility, when it comes to fraternizing and mingling in the mire of parlance with your social betters.
SEFRON: Oh; but listen to me reflecting on such patrician and aristocratic things, when I have yet to even make a properly dignified introduction! Such an entirely foolish and ill~considered taboo for one such as myself to partake in.
SEFRON: I am Sefron. Sefron Homeri.
SEFRON: Notorious celebrity, phenomenal writer, and distinguished chef extraordinaire.
SEFRON: Normally I am accustomed to being obliged by my noblest imperial surname when I converse with the lesser~born echelons of society.
SEFRON: But as I am feeling utterly and thoroughly generous today, you may all simply refer to me as Sefron. :]

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:26 pm

Nariet glanced at Sefron, his behavior did seem to confirm to her that the seadweller is in fact alternian. She would politely greet one of the new guests in the dream bubble. It would be impolite to not do so to him anyway as she would speak to him with courtesy and respect towards one of a higher caste.

NARIET: G-Greetings Sir Sefron, P-Please make yourself comfortable in this dream bubble.
NARIET: Just please don't get involved in anything r-reckless. That's merely all I ask.

She was trying her best to not sweat as it would give away her blood color, she sure needs to calm herself down. She also noted that the troll was currently in their dream self... Had they somehow managed to drift here? ...It wouldn't be impossible,she had heard of some cases of players"sleepwalking" or rather more accurately be "sleepfloating" their way into the dream bubbles without knowing.

Either way she was very wary and cautious to the presence of a seadweller since they didn't take insults that well or people not acknowledging their position in the hemospectrum very well and such act would usually end up in a culling.
Last edited by Nep on Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:25 pm

"Well, I guess I should say welcome to...wherever or whatever this place exactly is, Mister Saf...Sefron." Jonathan would correct his near mispronunciation with a good amount of quickness, trying to not make it too obvious he nearly messed it up. He looks around at the room and generally the architecture, noting how semi-familiar it was overall to back home.

finallyDeme

Post by finallyDeme » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:56 pm

Cedric and Alex woke up.

deadlyAdder

Post by deadlyAdder » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:42 pm

Jaradi glares at Sefron through her mask, and a gust of wind blows in and inconveniently spills the remaining liquid of the seadweller's drink onto him. Jaradi gets off of the couch then, deciding to explore the rest of the hive.