Microsoft Paint Mafia

Play all the Forum Games you could ever want, right here.
boqol

Microsoft Paint Mafia

Post by boqol » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:12 am

Hey everyone! Welcome to our first match of Microsoft Paint Mafia!
Not familiar? Of course you aren’t! This is our first match, of course.

INFORMATION:
MsPM works just like any other game of Mafia! (Sort of) Here i’ll both explain how we’ll be getting started along with the rules we’re going off of. Now, where shall we begin?

GETTING STARTED:
Firstly, if you wish to participate please say so by simply posting below. Once you do so i’ll make sure to have you counted before closing off the match. The number of players doesn’t REALLY matter and I may do so when I see fit.

When the match is closed off, all users will soon be PMed by me their role, goal, and any special items they may receive! Remember to PM me for any night actions if you have any.

During the day all players may converse openly (Or PM each other and share ANY information) and vote once a vote is called. I will signify when each day starts and when it gives way to the next night. During the day players may vote to lynch one player. The player with the most votes are to be lynched. The town as a whole may then decide on their fate! (Vote YEA, NAY, or not at all.) Please no game throwing! (That means you dead people can’t speak to the living)

NOTE: You don’t really need to read anything below this to know how to play! Everything will be explained in due time (Usually in updates I post or PMs) but I heavily suggest reading anyways if you want a good survival strategy.

ROLES:

MAFIA ROLES

All MAFIA will be notified of who their friends and foes truly are. This makes up for the fact that the MAFIA is far outnumbered by the TOWN. Organization is KINGPIN. (hehe) As a member of the MAFIA your job is to make sure you and the rest of your comrades either outnumber or equal the number of alive TOWNSPEOPLE.

KINGPIN
You are the KINGPIN. The one and only. You’re the HEAD HONCHO of the MAFIA and nobody fucks with you. You are responsible for ordering around your goons to carry out your own interests, the interests of your MAFIA that is. You win with the MAFIA and the mafia only.

GANGSTER
You are a GANGSTER. You are a dastardly fellow with interests are aligned with that of the KINGPIN. GANGSTERS may vote on who they take out each night. GANGSTERS may not take out those aligned with the KINGPIN. If a KINGPIN is present, they may autocratically decide who is taken out each night. A GANGSTER is selected at random to carry out any killings.

TOWN ROLES

All TOWNSPEOPLE aren’t aware of who their friends or foes may be. The TOWN does, however, have advantage in numbers! The TOWN is aligned under the interests of the MAYOR and wins if all opposing players meet their demise.

MAYOR
You are the MAYOR. You are quite the distinguished individual, if you would say so yourself (You do). It’s not like anyone actually KNOWS you’re the mayor though. Once you reveal your role as the mayor your votes don’t just count TWOFOLD, but FOURFOLD during the day. You win alongside your fellow TOWNSPEOPLE.

WHORE
You are a WHORE hailing from the one and only WHORE ISLAND. You may prevent any player from acting at night. Players may use STEAK DINNERS to compensate you for your services, providing them protection for ONE (1) night per STEAK DINNER. You may not block other players while CONSCRIPTED by other players in exchange for said STEAK DINNERS. You win with the TOWN and your interests are aligned with that of the MAYOR.

EVERYMAN
You are the EVERYMAN. You are in no way unique or outstanding in any regard whatsoever. Your interests are aligned with that of the MAYOR and win with your fellow townspeople. (2x chance of receiving a SPECIAL ITEM.)

SLEUTH
You are a hardboiled SLEUTH. You are tasked with finding out WHOS WHO. You may investigate one player per night and come back with mixed results. You are also armed with ONE (1) REVOLVER. It’s only loaded with TWO (2) pieces of CANDY CORN though. If you are visited by another player whilst you enable your AUTO-PARRY on that same night you will most definitely shoot and kill them—If your revolver is loaded, that is. Investigations also result in you knowing of the actions of those you have chosen to spy on for that night. You are aligned with the MAYOR and win with your fellow TOWNSPEOPLE.

NEUTRAL ROLES

WEASEL
You are a WEASEL. You could honestly give less of a fuck about anything other than your own well being. You prevail alongside the TOWN and other fellow WEASELS unless you for some reason align yourself with the MAFIA.

SERIAL KILLER
You are a SERIAL KILLER. You are a hardline ANARCHIST and align yourself with NONE BUT GOD HIMSELF. You only win if everyone but you is dead, not counting DEATH himself, of course. If you are visited at night by any players then they will assuredly PERISH.

DEATH
You are DEATH. You may commune with the dead, not much else, really. You win with pretty much ANYONE BUT THE MAFIA.

HIRED MUSCLE
You are the HIRED MUSCLE. You align yourself with whoever chooses to employ you—at a price. Your services cost ONE (1) BRUTESTEAK for TWO (2) nights of protection or ONE (1) CANDY CORN for ONE (1) night. You may win with anyone but the MAFIA. You may also choose to enable AUTO-PARRY THREE (3) times in a match at night. Lastly, you may also protect any players voluntarily on nights you are not CONSCRIPTED by other players.

SPECIAL ITEMS:
The SPECIAL ITEM you receive corresponds with the number you are assigned. This depends on what order everyone posts! For example, if you are the first poster, you will have the RAFFLE NUMBER #1! Said number will have an item randomly allotted to it if it is chosen to receive a SPECIAL ITEM. :professor:

Special items are listed as follows:

- CODPIECE
Useful for ONE (1) AUTOPARRY at night. Use on whatever night you’d wish to use said codpiece, choose wisely!
-BRUTESTEAK
With the consumption of the coveted BRUTESTEAK you become immune to all actions for ONE (1) night upon consumption. You also cannot do anything for that same night. May be used to CONSCRIPT a HIRED MUSCLE for TWO (2) nights.
- GNOSTIC TAINT
With this you may RESURRECT another player if you’re into that sort of thing. Has ONE (1) use.
- CANDY CORN
More precious than life itself. When used, any player actions are now DOUBLED in quantity. (I.E. one attack per night becomes 2). Lasts ONE (1) night. Also works as ammunition for your REVOLVER. You may also choose to expend TWO (2) pieces of CANDY CORN to enable the CANDY CORN VAMPIRE power-up for one night. With this power-up you may kill whoever you choose. May be used to CONSCRIPT a HIRED MUSCLE.
- HARPOON
With this formidable weapon you may use it to slay any player of your choice. ANY. Immune to any sort of defenses. Has ONE (1) use.
- REVOLVER
Uses CANDY CORN ammunition. Used to kill other players but is susceptible to player actions that result in blocks and AUTO-PARRY moves.
You may randomly happen upon these items during the match or be randomly selected to receive one at the start.
- STEAK DINNER
A little cold. May be used to enable AUTO-PARRY for ONE (1) night. May also be used to conscript ONE (1) WHORE.

Last but certainly not least—Have fun! If you feel like these rules seem a little iffy or could use some tweaks, please say so in the replies to this post! I’ll listen. (I’m also pretty new to this)

Also I think i’ll illustrate whatever happens in game, see how that goes!

Happy lynching! :lemon:
Last edited by boqol on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
robotaur

barexamkind

Re: Microsoft Paint Mafia

Post by barexamkind » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:13 am

I'll join.
for more bad takes and atrocious vibes, follow me on twitter!
https://twitter.com/barexamkind

boqol

Post by boqol » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 am

also guys if you want you can still suggest changes and additions!! anything goes in regards to edits before the match gets closed off, im sort of also trying this out to test the setup
robotaur

pDestiny

Post by pDestiny » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:37 am

Sure, I'm game
Your'e epec *dab*
Heir of Life

Eromancery

Post by Eromancery » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:08 am

fuck it, let's do this thing. I'm in.
What is a juggalo?
A juggalo
That's what it is
Well, fuck, if I know
What is a juggalo?
I don't know
But I'm down with the clown
And I'm down for life, yo

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Post by calamityCons » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:23 am

I'd love to participate!
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

sigmatic
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life

Post by sigmatic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:26 pm

i'm down, yo :olliesouty:
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

boqol

Post by boqol » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:34 pm

due to forum size/activity ill go with 7-12 players before closing off, were currently at 5 so ill give it a bit more before kicking things off, see how that goes
robotaur

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:48 pm

I am so hype for this.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

not equius

Post by not equius » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:18 pm

hell YEAH im so into this. god yeah im IN

ropeSnake413
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Mage of Void

Post by ropeSnake413 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:09 pm

I'd be down!
:cal:

Robot_Face
Pronouns: They/them
Classpect: Mage of Mind

Post by Robot_Face » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Sure, why not.
ARquiusprite enclosed
Show

resentfulRenegade
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Mage of Mind

Post by resentfulRenegade » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:57 pm

Id like to join!
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible.

Pine

Post by Pine » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 pm

id love to join as well!!! this sseems super interestin!
Prospit bard of breath!! :orange:

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:19 pm

Joining. I have played Mafia before anyway.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by aspiringWatcher » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:06 pm

Count me in if you still have slots.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

Sylandrophol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Rogue Of Space

Post by Sylandrophol » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:15 am

im game if there's open slots
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

MP the OP OG
Pronouns: She/Her/they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light

Post by MP the OP OG » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:10 pm

Sure I can do it
Many thoughts head full (but most of the thoughts are shitposts)

finallyDeme
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Bard of Mind

Post by finallyDeme » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:55 am

i'd love to play
Read Regionlocked on mspfa!

Astridify
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Witch of Hope