hiveswap theory jam

Discuss Hiveswap and Hiveswap Friendsim here!
warren

hiveswap theory jam

Post by warren » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:33 pm

share ur hiveswap theories!!!
i think jude is gonna be the first harleybertcrockenglishclaire to be a derse dreamer. he is never living in the present, only theorizing about the past and planning for the future. as well as his resistance to change. also, his and joeys school pictures are different! he has a purple background whereas she has a yellow one
01D955C5-4497-4B07-ACC1-756D42479BCE.jpeg
01D955C5-4497-4B07-ACC1-756D42479BCE.jpeg (66.42 KiB) Viewed 14955 times
i doubt were going to be getting much on the mechanics of the game in act 2, and not a lot on jude either but.. Something to think about
mage of hope :cool3d:

thorondraco

Re: hiveswap theory jam

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:23 pm

My theory is that dirk or someone else with narrative type powers is behind Hiveswap and the friendsims. If they are making Hiveswap with the whole idea of those three pillars from the Epilogues in mind, which is possible considering peeps who worked on the epilogues are working on hiveswap too, then it has to have someone with those kinda powers behind it.

And it would be a lot more interesting, and maybe likely, that it is some big plot by Dirk. Though we have no idea how he could be doing it if it is him.

nonsenseMnemonic
Pronouns: he/him
Moon: Derse

Post by nonsenseMnemonic » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:43 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:23 pm
My theory is that dirk or someone else with narrative type powers is behind Hiveswap and the friendsims. If they are making Hiveswap with the whole idea of those three pillars from the Epilogues in mind, which is possible considering peeps who worked on the epilogues are working on hiveswap too, then it has to have someone with those kinda powers behind it.

And it would be a lot more interesting, and maybe likely, that it is some big plot by Dirk. Though we have no idea how he could be doing it if it is him.
I hope (and expect) Hiveswap to remain relatively disconnected from HS^2's events. Right now you can play and understand Hiveswap without having read the comic, which I think is great, makes it much easier to share and access and provides a clean slate, a chance to leave behind some of the baggage of Homestuck and try out new things with new characters. I'd be really disappointed if that was changed, especially if it was changed in a way that required players be familiar with Homestuck and the Epilogues and Pesterquest and Homestuck^2. That's a lot of reading! I'd really like to have a part of the fandom people can participate in without committing to reading that much content.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:01 am

nonsenseMnemonic wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:43 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:23 pm

I hope (and expect) Hiveswap to remain relatively disconnected from HS^2's events. Right now you can play and understand Hiveswap without having read the comic, which I think is great, makes it much easier to share and access and provides a clean slate, a chance to leave behind some of the baggage of Homestuck and try out new things with new characters. I'd be really disappointed if that was changed, especially if it was changed in a way that required players be familiar with Homestuck and the Epilogues and Pesterquest and Homestuck^2. That's a lot of reading! I'd really like to have a part of the fandom people can participate in without committing to reading that much content.
Nah its a gateway drug, Hiveswap. I know cause, I literally got gatewayed by it. I was so curious about what all was happening i just had to read it. To some regret admitably, it was a lot to take in.

Basically hiveswap doesn't need to end with Joey shoving a flashlight up Dirk's bum, it just needs to end in a way that causes her story to circles into Squared. Like it can end with them somehow on earth c with a totally dumbfounded Karkat looking at this group of random ass troll kids and an eggbert looking human girl. We don't need to know we are going to meet karkat or who he is, jsut that this is where Joey had to go in act 4.

We already have an issue of a character from homestuck being involved already. Doc scratch.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:04 am

Gosh I hope that Joey brings the slew of MSPA friends away from Alternia, all the alive Trolls deserve some form of respite from that hell-hole that will eventually die with a tentacle being screamin

Also... I feel like all of it has this unseen connection that will come into play, even if Hiveswap is the weakest connection in that regard
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

nonsenseMnemonic
Pronouns: he/him
Moon: Derse

Post by nonsenseMnemonic » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:09 am

thorondraco wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:01 am
Nah its a gateway drug, Hiveswap. I know cause, I literally got gatewayed by it. I was so curious about what all was happening i just had to read it. To some regret admitably, it was a lot to take in.

Basically hiveswap doesn't need to end with Joey shoving a flashlight up Dirk's bum, it just needs to end in a way that causes her story to circles into Squared. Like it can end with them somehow on earth c with a totally dumbfounded Karkat looking at this group of random ass troll kids and an eggbert looking human girl. We don't need to know we are going to meet karkat or who he is, jsut that this is where Joey had to go in act 4.

We already have an issue of a character from homestuck being involved already. Doc scratch.
Oh yeah it's a gateway for sure, but I don't think it should be an obligatory gateway. I think people should be able to understand it regardless.
I'm totally fine with something subtler that just ends up linking the two stories though, just is important to me that whatever happens also makes sense when most of Homestuck's context is removed.

lml55
Pronouns: Him,He
Classpect: Prince of Light

Post by lml55 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:06 pm

ok my theory is that Dammek and Jude become besties in act 3 and 4. Why? Because look at it Jude, he loves aliens and is going to learn what he can from Dammek about Alternia, while Dammek on the other hand may learn from the terrible things he did to Xefros and may even see Jude as a new start of a new Morailship

Also I've got a feeling that Joey and Dammek are going to duke it out as the final boss in hiveswap Act 4

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:17 pm

lml55 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:06 pm
ok my theory is that Dammek and Jude become besties in act 3 and 4. Why? Because look at it Jude, he loves aliens and is going to learn what he can from Dammek about Alternia, while Dammek on the other hand may learn from the terrible things he did to Xefros and may even see Jude as a new start of a new Morailship
That would be viable for Hauntswitch as that's what title appears behind Hiveswap (going in Dammek's direction as Hiveswap goes in Joey's direction) in the scene where they fly by each-other. But yeah considering they are both conspiracy nuts, wouldn't be a surprise for "Jude is my new best friend" or something.
lml55 wrote:
Also I've got a feeling that Joey and Dammek are going to duke it out as the final boss in hiveswap Act 4
okay, sure?
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:16 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:17 pm
lml55 wrote:
That would be viable for Hauntswitch as that's what title appears behind Hiveswap (going in Dammek's direction as Hiveswap goes in Joey's direction) in the scene where they fly by each-other. But yeah considering they are both conspiracy nuts, wouldn't be a surprise for "Jude is my new best friend" or something.
lml55 wrote:
okay, sure?
Plot twist, DAmmek is the ectochild of Dirk and was sent into the past to create hiveswap!