Hiveswap Act 2

This forum is for discussion of HIVESWAP and HIVESWAP FRIENDSIM.

Moderator: foreverFlummoxed

Post Reply
User avatar
Sahxyel
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Sahxyel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:30 pm



:professor: Just a friendly reminder that Hiveswap Act 2 is coming out Eventually™!
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

User avatar
Generalrabogolfo
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:08 pm
Location: Caliborn's Tummy
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:28 am

when do you guys think well go to earth? Act 3? Act 4? Never Ever?
:rosecool:

User avatar
Sciencejoe
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:16 pm
Location: Amaurot
Contact:

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Sciencejoe » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:02 am

Hauntswitch's existence is currently up in the air, so either NEVER EVER or weaved into a different Act, probably the finale.
WhatPumpkin wrote:Are all four acts of Hiveswap still coming?

When are each of the games coming out? What’s the roadmap for these games?
We are committed to delivering Hiveswap in its entirety–Act 2, followed by Act 3, and then Act 4. After that, we can turn our attention to the possibility of Hauntswitch.
Amateur Writer / Professional Psychologist Of People And Characters / Rogue of Mind

User avatar
Sahxyel
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Sahxyel » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:49 pm

I actually wish they'd just fold Hauntswitch into Hiveswap to act as intermission-style breaks like what Jude's brief session in Hiveswap acted as already. It seems to me like they were reaching for the stars beforehand, or maybe were considering monetizing more parts of the overall story by splitting it from its original base, but I think it's a mistake to separate the one narrative from the other. Likewise, while 'human-on-Alternia' is an endlessly interesting idea I've always wanted to see some attention put in a 'troll-on-Earth' story too. :lime:
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

User avatar
sassacre
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by sassacre » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Such a shame they've decided to do Hauntswitch only after all of the Hiveswap acts. Kind of obvious, but seeing Jude's (and Roxy's) reaction to Dammek would have been so priceless!
✩░▒▓▆▅▃▂▁✴.·´¯`·.·★ 𝓢𝓲𝓰𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮 ★·.·`¯´·.✴▁▂▃▅▆▓▒░✩

User avatar
sigmatic
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:51 pm
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life
Moon: Derse

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by sigmatic » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:16 am

Suddenly thought of something: when/if Hauntswitch is a thing, does that also mean we'll get a Hauntswitch Friendsim? :amazed:
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

User avatar
Drinosi
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:43 pm
Classpect: Mage of Blood
Moon: Derse

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Drinosi » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:40 am

sigmatic wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:16 am
Suddenly thought of something: when/if Hauntswitch is a thing, does that also mean we'll get a Hauntswitch Friendsim? :amazed:
I want a Hauntswitch Friendsim so bad! We know almost nothing about Dammek, although I do have a theory that the bronze in the hoodie at the end of Chixie's route might have been him.

User avatar
aspiringWatcher
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:23 pm
Location: Floating beyond the light of the Green Sun
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life
Moon: Prospit
Contact:

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by aspiringWatcher » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 am

Old Secret intensifies
Fave character: :mutie:.

Team :pumpkin:.

A rare still-present Sburb Glitch FAQ scholar.

Protip: Do not mix tea and coffee.

Eat the :apple: ? [Y/N]

jojotier
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:34 pm

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by jojotier » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Hey, does anyone know what the rating on Act 2 is supposed to be? I played Act 1 with my baby sis since it was e10 but ;w;w;w;ww; hiveswap friendsim was vry much Not That

thorondraco
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:28 pm

jojotier wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:37 pm
Hey, does anyone know what the rating on Act 2 is supposed to be? I played Act 1 with my baby sis since it was e10 but ;w;w;w;ww; hiveswap friendsim was vry much Not That
Its probably going to be a much higher rating. Even if it doesn't have a lot of fucks we are on alternia now. Also Chahut and Amisia are going to appear.

Think i heard that the first one got its rating kinda by accident. There are some rather violent dialogue in certain parts as well. Like talking about a demon horse drinking human blood.

User avatar
Leddy
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:35 pm
Location: USA, Georgia.
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit
Contact:

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:29 am

I really hope that Act 2 has a little more challenge to it. I'm not asking for a puzzle solver like Monkey Island but a few challenges would be very nice.

I'm really excited for it's release and oh god on the mention of Hauntswitch I kind of wish they'd do it back and forth as well, but it's not even confirmed entirely yet and we can only hope. I'd be so upset if we didn't get Hauntswitch darnit.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

thorondraco
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Leddy wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:29 am
I really hope that Act 2 has a little more challenge to it. I'm not asking for a puzzle solver like Monkey Island but a few challenges would be very nice.

I'm really excited for it's release and oh god on the mention of Hauntswitch I kind of wish they'd do it back and forth as well, but it's not even confirmed entirely yet and we can only hope. I'd be so upset if we didn't get Hauntswitch darnit.
I think they could do like a whole visual novel for it. After Pesterquest they won't exactly have much potential in a the dating sims department. Whatever happens to the Reader, there isn't anyone to friend date left. But they easily could make Hauntswitch a visual novel to continue the in-between game stuff. Make it much larger in general, more art. I also really much want pesterquest/friendsim pics of Joey, Jude, Xefros, Dammek, and Trizza. They would be amazing i think.

User avatar
JakeMorph
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:48 am

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Sahxyel wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:49 pm
I actually wish they'd just fold Hauntswitch into Hiveswap to act as intermission-style breaks like what Jude's brief session in Hiveswap acted as already.
I'd really hate for this to be the road they take. hauntswitch clearly isn't just meant to me "what Jude gets up to while Hiveswap is happening"; the Harleys' cultist neighbours are nowhere near being explained in any form, for one thing.

even if after hiveswap is done there's no resources or enthusiasm left to work on the sequel (which I wouldn't be getting so pessimistic about yet: things weren't exactly perfect after Act 1 but the team's still chugging along on Act 2) there are a dozen more ways the Jude and Dammek story could be told that do it more justice. the paradox space label is up under the hiveswap brand now, for example, so they could tell the story through comics.
mod on the mspa wiki | author of ALBION: a fancandy

@subjugglette

User avatar
Mentok Thief of Mind
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm
Location: LOMAL (Land of Moose and Lobsters)
Pronouns: EEEEooo/eeeeOOO

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Mentok Thief of Mind » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:16 pm

I hope Act 2 has significantly more content to it, but I'm not optimistic.

If I were forced to gamble on it I'd say it'll be 5 years before we see all acts complete. At least. And then Hauntswitch?

Not to be dramatic but this is taking an eternity.
:olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty:
MIND-TAKING!
ACCEPT! NO! SUBSTITUTES!
:olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty:

User avatar
Leddy
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:35 pm
Location: USA, Georgia.
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit
Contact:

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Leddy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 pm

Mentok Thief of Mind wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:16 pm
I hope Act 2 has significantly more content to it, but I'm not optimistic.

If I were forced to gamble on it I'd say it'll be 5 years before we see all acts complete. At least. And then Hauntswitch?

Not to be dramatic but this is taking an eternity.
I'd argue quite otherwise I'll be honest.

The wait between Act 1 and Act 2 SPECIFICALLY took so long due to WhatPumpkin's problems as a company, the released Act 1 in September 2017? They slated Act 2 originally for Q1 2018, obviously that didn't go through because of WhatPumpkin's problems, but even still. I'm sure some changes had to be made and they made it a little longer than first intedned, but the rest of the Acts should take nowhere near that amount of time to finish. I'll be optimistic and say we could even have Hiveswap Act 4 before Q4 2021 if we're lucky and no more hitches comes along in development, though I expect something like more Q2 2022 and beyond being when we'll see something like that
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

User avatar
Mentok Thief of Mind
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm
Location: LOMAL (Land of Moose and Lobsters)
Pronouns: EEEEooo/eeeeOOO

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Mentok Thief of Mind » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:44 pm

Leddy wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 pm
Mentok Thief of Mind wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:16 pm
I hope Act 2 has significantly more content to it, but I'm not optimistic.

If I were forced to gamble on it I'd say it'll be 5 years before we see all acts complete. At least. And then Hauntswitch?

Not to be dramatic but this is taking an eternity.
I'd argue quite otherwise I'll be honest.

The wait between Act 1 and Act 2 SPECIFICALLY took so long due to WhatPumpkin's problems as a company, the released Act 1 in September 2017? They slated Act 2 originally for Q1 2018, obviously that didn't go through because of WhatPumpkin's problems, but even still. I'm sure some changes had to be made and they made it a little longer than first intedned, but the rest of the Acts should take nowhere near that amount of time to finish. I'll be optimistic and say we could even have Hiveswap Act 4 before Q4 2021 if we're lucky and no more hitches comes along in development, though I expect something like more Q2 2022 and beyond being when we'll see something like that
I hope you're right! But I have 0 reason to actually believe in your optimistic take. The existence of Friendsim, Pesterquest, and HS^2 (and the Patreon) can certainly help with funding, but they don't mean more complex games are magically going to get churned out quickly and efficiently, or funds will be managed well when they historically have not.
:olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty:
MIND-TAKING!
ACCEPT! NO! SUBSTITUTES!
:olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty:

thorondraco
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by thorondraco » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:04 pm

Mentok Thief of Mind wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:44 pm
Leddy wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 pm
Mentok Thief of Mind wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:16 pm
I hope Act 2 has significantly more content to it, but I'm not optimistic.

If I were forced to gamble on it I'd say it'll be 5 years before we see all acts complete. At least. And then Hauntswitch?

Not to be dramatic but this is taking an eternity.
I'd argue quite otherwise I'll be honest.

The wait between Act 1 and Act 2 SPECIFICALLY took so long due to WhatPumpkin's problems as a company, the released Act 1 in September 2017? They slated Act 2 originally for Q1 2018, obviously that didn't go through because of WhatPumpkin's problems, but even still. I'm sure some changes had to be made and they made it a little longer than first intedned, but the rest of the Acts should take nowhere near that amount of time to finish. I'll be optimistic and say we could even have Hiveswap Act 4 before Q4 2021 if we're lucky and no more hitches comes along in development, though I expect something like more Q2 2022 and beyond being when we'll see something like that
I hope you're right! But I have 0 reason to actually believe in your optimistic take. The existence of Friendsim, Pesterquest, and HS^2 (and the Patreon) can certainly help with funding, but they don't mean more complex games are magically going to get churned out quickly and efficiently, or funds will be managed well when they historically have not.
Historically as in their first time around they got fucked over by the publisher they were working with who consumed a lot of their funds for theri own project and caused a lot of chaos.
Then Viz caused its own chaos by messing with them too. Now they have another with Fellow Traveler and it seems like things are finally smoothing out, with them having a trailer for act 2, one that is more extensive than the one they had for act 1 initially, and generally the feel things are running more smoothly.

User avatar
Mentok Thief of Mind
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm
Location: LOMAL (Land of Moose and Lobsters)
Pronouns: EEEEooo/eeeeOOO

Re: Hiveswap Act 2

Post by Mentok Thief of Mind » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:04 pm

I hope you and Leddy are right. I wish no ill will on WP, Huss, et. all.

You can call me a Caliborn but I like results. End product. Something done. That gives me a reason to believe folks. The amount of crowd-funded flops far outweighs the amount of successes--and one of those flops belongs to this franchise, no matter who the finger is pointed at.
:olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty:
MIND-TAKING!
ACCEPT! NO! SUBSTITUTES!
:olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty:

Post Reply