Trizza's Motives as a ruler.

Discuss Hiveswap and Hiveswap Friendsim here!
galileanTactician
Pronouns: Ur Mom Gay Lol
Classpect: Mooge o Spooce
Moon: Derse

Trizza's Motives as a ruler.

Post by galileanTactician » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:04 am

I've replayed Hiveswap Act 1 recently, and while I still don't know enough about Trizza to determine much about her personality, there are enough plot threads that allude to something of a motive behind her willingness to cause rampant destruction on the people of Alternia (other than just taking pleasure from killing lowbloods for shits and giggles). Her most notable traits are her love for meme based propaganda, her use of Social Media to place her image in more places, and a constant reliance on Drone Strikes and kidnapping. Keeping all of this in mind we remember the question of "Why she would do this?" and the answer, in my humble opinion, becomes clear.
Trizza is a sort of Machiavellian Ruler who establishes her power through Militaristic Oppression and the manipulation of Alternian society through her ever present image as a means to control the population of the planet.

JakeMorph

Re: Trizza's Motives as a ruler.

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:09 pm

I would say her motives are probably becoming empress
mod on the mspa wiki

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 pm

Or barring that, having fun being a celebriqueen (by force) until she inevitably dies at the hands of )(IC

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Flame_Warp wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 pm
Or barring that, having fun being a celebriqueen (by force) until she inevitably dies at the hands of )(IC
She wants attention. She probably wants to live too. However it seems like her actions are stirring the always volatile cauldron of alternia and risking rebellious actions for the first time in millennia. And implications someone is supplying her those strange, new design drones too.

We are given the impression there is some kinda Narrator manipulator involved here from the end of friendsims. And of course pesterquest implies a continued presence. So its possible some manipulator made contact with Trizza and offered her the chance to, like, not be murdered and even become empress instead.

But could be a set up in of itself as we have Joey sent to this planet and its very unlikely someone went to the trouble of sending a human girl across space and time and presumably universes, for her to just shit around in the background while an 11 day timer is ticking down in the background.

At this point we can only guess at what is meant to happen now that Joey is on planet and we have that timer going. We only have implication of conspiracy, and evidence of it in some places, but not the ultimate point of it all. Is someone trying to split the timeline here? And why Joey of all possible beings?

I am going to guess Joey is not just another wayward kid from another unsuccessful attempt by Jake Harley to settle down. There are plenty of other options if that was the case.

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 pm

I don't...know that I would call that manipulator *implied*. It's Scratch. It's obviously Scratch.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:30 pm

Flame_Warp wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 pm
I don't...know that I would call that manipulator *implied*. It's Scratch. It's obviously Scratch.
Scratch isn't truly a manipulator. He simply knows how the story goes and flaunts it in everyone's face, both the audience and the characters. He is clever but at the same time a lot of his manipulations are simply him saying what he knows is going to happen. He knows Vriska is gonna murder Aradia and he knows that he will be the one to set her off. He probably knew that both Terezi and Vriska would be maimed, but he didn't know how, because that part of the timeline was reliant upon him not knowing, so that he would get emotional. In a sense he has a script but it has some parts blacked out to ensure he reacts accordingly.

We never learn exactly how Doc reacts to John changing the timeline. I think a way to put it is that during his monologue he had opened Google documents, began reading the part where Vriska is shanked, and suddenly sees everything up to the moment before the shanking get highlight+backspaced and someone starts rewriting as he watched.

And the friendsims implies Doc has been dealing with a force he cannot predict. Which i would wager are related to the narrative. Doc can't predict a change, just see when the change happens and what was changed as that Google doc invader sneaks back in and edits more shit. And further more in pesterquest we have the presumed same manipulator seemingly trying to stop the reader from his escapades throughout timespace.
The reader only started actually dying from mistakes after the Dave's bad end where he gets thrown out a window and is for some reason trying figure out what a twunk is. Compare that to him not being killed by a tiger in Rose's route.

So it seems like there is another party that is working with Scratch, or possibly Scratch is working for, here.

If Doc scratch had powers to alter the narrative he would have used the path of least resistance and sent the handmaid after John while he worked to undo the changes. His powers would let him know what was changed and how, still remember what the original document said. He may not be a manipulator but he is far from incompetent.

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:15 am

I'm so happy to see a thread about Trizza. She has been a favorite of mine ever since playing Hiveswap, and not only because we share a sign.
We don't truly know enough about her to know what her intentions and motives are, but as a fuchsia and an Heiress, she has to show her control to ensure her spot as the next empress.
I kind of feel that she is trying too hard to be seen and feared, which means that maybe she's not the big bad that people see her as, rather she needs to be seen as strong, so no one will see her as weak and try to take her out. Being an heiress is a bloody business and to be on top, you have to make sure no one gets in your way.
She has this massive social media presence and tries to be the center of attention by burning cities just to get a photo op. I wonder if she does this because she truly enjoys wreaking havoc, or if she does this so no one dares to question or oppose her.
I was hoping to get to see her in Friendsim. Although she was mentioned in multiple routes, she never showed up. I secretly hoped that our final friendsim would have been her, but I figured she would be saved for much later because for now she has to remain a mystery.
I think I honestly love her so much for the potential that her character has.
She still remains as one of my favorites, even though we don't know the whole story. I do hope we get to learn more about her in Hiveswap act 2, and if not, then at some point.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Drinosi wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:15 am
I'm so happy to see a thread about Trizza. She has been a favorite of mine ever since playing Hiveswap, and not only because we share a sign.
We don't truly know enough about her to know what her intentions and motives are, but as a fuchsia and an Heiress, she has to show her control to ensure her spot as the next empress.
I kind of feel that she is trying too hard to be seen and feared, which means that maybe she's not the big bad that people see her as, rather she needs to be seen as strong, so no one will see her as weak and try to take her out. Being an heiress is a bloody business and to be on top, you have to make sure no one gets in your way.
She has this massive social media presence and tries to be the center of attention by burning cities just to get a photo op. I wonder if she does this because she truly enjoys wreaking havoc, or if she does this so no one dares to question or oppose her.
I was hoping to get to see her in Friendsim. Although she was mentioned in multiple routes, she never showed up. I secretly hoped that our final friendsim would have been her, but I figured she would be saved for much later because for now she has to remain a mystery.
I think I honestly love her so much for the potential that her character has.
She still remains as one of my favorites, even though we don't know the whole story. I do hope we get to learn more about her in Hiveswap act 2, and if not, then at some point.
The interesting thing is she's actually a Bloodbound troll too. Considering her obsession with being in the spotlight and being revered, it doesn't seem like she is a Destroyer class either. Neither a prince nor a bard, they reject their aspects.
Classes don't define their personality but often have a generalized connection. She could be a thief considering she forces people to revere her.

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

Post by Crpal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:40 pm

I think her main philosophy is the fact that she knows she is going to die, so why not party it up and go crazy.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Crpal wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:40 pm
I think her main philosophy is the fact that she knows she is going to die, so why not party it up and go crazy.
I wonder what she would do if someone gave her the option to live?

Drinosi

Post by Drinosi » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Crpal wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:40 pm
I'm sure she has every intention of living. Most higher bloods value their lives. The lower bloods accept the fact that they will probably die an early and most likely violent death, but the higher bloods have a sense of self preservation. Most of them aren't willing to accept death without putting up a good fight.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:14 pm

it's different for fuchsias because their role involves going up against the unbeatable god queen of the empire. I doubt trizza has 100% confidence she can pull that off.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:20 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:14 pm
it's different for fuchsias because their role involves going up against the unbeatable god queen of the empire. I doubt trizza has 100% confidence she can pull that off.
Meaning that to another party it would be easy to manipulate her. Promise her survival and to be empress.

Drinosi

Post by Drinosi » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:22 am

JakeMorph wrote:
It's one of those 'many have tried, all have failed' scenarios. She can't beat the Empress, but if she puts up a good show, maybe she can find some way out of having to take her on. Maybe she feels that if she can impress Condie enough, she won't have to. Fuchsias instinctively want to kill any other fuchsias that they see, but maybe she's trying to find a loophole by terrorizing Alternia enough to get her a free pass. Who knows whats going on in her head, but I for one, really want to find out.

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

Post by Crpal » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:22 am

thorondraco wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:20 pm
JakeMorph wrote:
Meaning that to another party it would be easy to manipulate her. Promise her survival and to be empress.
You're implying that Doc Scratch is encouraging her wild behavior?

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:15 am

Crpal wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:22 am
thorondraco wrote:
JakeMorph wrote:
Plus another party i wager. Cause the evidence i feel shows Doc can't write a narrative.

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:42 am

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:15 am
Crpal wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

Plus another party i wager. Cause the evidence i feel shows Doc can't write a narrative.
Even if that wasn't demonstrably untrue since he spent time as an explicit narrator in-comic, why would that preclude him from manipulating Trizza? We already know he's talking to Joey thanks to the "hint button", and that he wants to direct the events of Hiveswap because of him using Reader to set up the board in friendsim.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Flame_Warp wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:42 am
thorondraco wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:15 am
Crpal wrote:

Even if that wasn't demonstrably untrue since he spent time as an explicit narrator in-comic, why would that preclude him from manipulating Trizza? We already know he's talking to Joey thanks to the "hint button", and that he wants to direct the events of Hiveswap because of him using Reader to set up the board in friendsim.
We know he is a part of all this but it seems unlikely he is the main instigator of it. If the writers are applying the Three pillars things to hiveswap too, there needs to be someone who is 'creating the narrative'. Even if doc scratch's awareness allows him some minor control he wouldn't have the power to 'create' hiveswap.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:51 pm

doc scratch created the whole of Alternia.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:27 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:51 pm
doc scratch created the whole of Alternia.
He shaped Alternia because he was destined to and had to. It might imply he was given a bit more free reign but it doesn't mean he could do anything else but make Alternia a total hellhole and prevent the rebellions that obviously should have uprooted the empress from succeeding.

Be honest i wouldn't be entirely surprised if he had some power like that, if ones that are apparently eclipsed somewhat easily by others. Hussie and John knock over his narrative influence. Their power would have more weight. But we have no evidence that he could do anything different without creating a doomed timeline. Like he makes an alternia that is 20% less of a hellhole, but it is doomed and fades in like 2 hours. Course with this power both audience and those inside of the universe struggle to determine if anyone has that power when they aren't being blatant and or openly stating their influence. If its ever revealed i would be like 'ho shit he did' but so far we don't know.
He may have had some influence or he may have simply been a lsave to the flow of the Alpha much as any other. We will ahve to see.

But i really don't think he is the guy behind Hiveswap exactly. Working with or for the guy behind it, 100%. Being the guy behind it has never really been his mo. And the pesterquest implies a Puppetmaster that is behind Hiveswap and the friendsims. Which could either be hussie or Dirk.