Song of Skaia [Mirrored Updates Thread]

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, play-by-post adventures here!
kiaric
Pronouns: he/him they/them

Song of Skaia [Mirrored Updates Thread]

Post by kiaric » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:44 pm

First Page: https://mspfa.com/?s=20310&p=1

Adventure Map: http://mspfa.com/?s=22899&p=1
Discord Server: https://discordapp.com/invite/vzRHcRT

Song of Skaia is an sburbventure (surprisingly enough) featuring cool things such as dragons and conspiracies. It also has a neat running theme of characters just completely messing everything up.

Commands and adventure suggestions are always considered, however, there are points in the story more fit for commands than others. Feel free to suggest commands that might not necessarily apply to the most upcoming update but could be used sometime in the future.

I decided to start this thread on the off chance that it gains some kind of traction because that'd be pretty cool I think. I'm open to critique, more so on the writing side (my artistic skills are still developing and this is especially apparent in the early pages) and overall, I hope there's enjoyment for you to be had in this little comic of mine!

I plan on updating this thread with the latest content when the comic updates. As is stands, I feel like a full, retroactive mirror is unnecessary.

Current commandability level: commands for beyond the next updates considered - the next update and a bit beyond are fairly planned out already, but feel free to leave something here for me to consider later

General discussion can be directed here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=454

Currently updates once a month at the end of the month
Last edited by kiaric on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐”‚๐“พ๐”‚๐“พ๐“พ๐“ฑ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ.................

kiaric

Update [06/29/2020]

Post by kiaric » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 pm

Continuing from: https://mspfa.com/?s=20310&p=314
==>

==>
Spoiler
Show
JACE: Well that bombed.
JACE: What do we do now?
==>
Spoiler
Show
JACE: Uh, Mike?
JACE: ...
JACE: mike.
==>

==>

Welp, you guess it's down to you to make sense of all this.

>Jace: Inspect cruxtruder.

You've already had a pretty good look at this thing and you doubt anything would have changed from the last time but ah the screens are counting down now.

It seems like whatever they're counting down to is nearly three hours away though, so you push the uneasiness out of your mind and put it firmly in your mental list of things to deal with when they're relevant.

>Jace: Turn the wheel again. Just for kicks.

You rapidly fidget with the cruxtruder wheel. Seeing as it's served its purpose, you don't see what harm could come from a bit of messing around.

==>

It looks like harm came from a bit of messing around.

==>

The strange, glassy cylinder eventually dislodges itself from your ceiling.

You puzzle over it for a minute before coming to realise a certain similarity in color and material with something you've seen before.

>Jace: Notice the machine Mike placed before when you weren't looking.

Oh huh. You guess that's the reason why the room started feeling more cramped than usual.

>Jace: Use card on thingy.

You spy a slot rather befitting in size for a captchalogue card and place the PRE-PUNCHED CARD inside. Some sharp looking things pop out.

Puzzles aren't usually your thing, but damn, you guess youโ€™re a professional anyway.

>Jace: Use dowel on thingy.

You have acquired the CRUXITE TOTEM, though you aren't in any sense aware of the terminology.
๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐”‚๐“พ๐”‚๐“พ๐“พ๐“ฑ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ๐“พ.................

kiaric

Update [12/13/20]

Post by kiaric » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:19 pm

> Jace: Realisation.

You realiseโ€ฆ

YOU REALISEโ€ฆ

You realise that if you're gonna figure out what all this stuff is for, you're gonna need that last machine, and to get to that last machine, you're gonna need that key, and to get that key..... ehhhhhh. Well, you don't really have any other option, and just giving up is out of the question too, now that you know how significant this game actually is.

==>

You creep down the hall, trying as hard as possible not to make a sound.

==>

It seems you failed so hard that the noise rippled through time and woke your DAD up hours ago.

God, you almost forgot about that FRAMED POSTER. Most parents would hang something nice up in a shared space such as the living room, like a landscape painting or something. Instead, your DAD chooses to hang up his LIMITED RELEASE SONIC ADVENTURE poster where everyone can see it. Yโ€™know, like a weirdo.

==>
Spoiler
Show
JACE: Heyyy, Dad.JACE: I was wondering if y'know. Maybe I could borrow the key to Katieโ€™s old room?

==>
Spoiler
Show
JACE: Haha, it's a bit weird, but y'know how you get those urges to explore the underside of the house at like. 3am? Yโ€™know, through the big hole in the floor?

==>
Spoiler
Show
JACE: I get that its dangerous and unstable and whatever, but-

==>

==>

==>

You know what needs to be done.

[S] Jace: Battle!
(View at https://mspfa.com/?s=20310&p=336!)

==>

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, a much more meaningful throwdown is about to take place.