>ROBOQUEST

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, MSPA-inspired adventures here!

Moderator: RoyalFiddle

RancidRancor
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:45 am
Pronouns: n/a

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by RancidRancor » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:20 am

>legs: Commandeer a robot minion body and sneak into tha ship. Sometimes space piracy must begin with space sleuthery

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Location: Not wherever luigi is
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:52 pm

RancidRancor wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:20 am
>Legs: Commandeer a robot minion body and sneak into the ship.
Image
You would, but during the commotion with those red tentacles you got launched out into space! You aren't sure how you're going to go about commandeering a new robot body... Actually, hold that thought.
>Next.
Image
Oh hey it's that toy robot from the ROBOT's SHIP! What's it doing way out here?
RancidRancor wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:20 am
>Legs: Commandeer a robot minion body and sneak into the ship.
Image
You guess this thing counts as a body. You stick yourself into it. The TOY ROBOT powers up, leeching off your energy instead of AA BATTERY POWER. You now have access to the TOY ROBOT's entire arsenal, including EYES and another set of small LEGS. Oh yeah, and a rocket.
>Legs: Rocket back to the big ship.
Image
The TOY ROBOT has a very WEAK rocket unfortunately, so... this is going to take a while. The red ship is now being swarmed by those purple guys. You hope they aren't mad at you for killing their friend. Maybe you should be quiet about that, in case they haven't found out yet.
Last edited by luigi on Sat May 02, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
whose behind all that facial hair? surely it can't be luigi, that guy disappeared a long time ago

User avatar
23toedbasket
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:33 pm

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by 23toedbasket » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:13 pm

>Use your new body to take a look at that purple worm, and the arm/fork looking thing from the first panel

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Location: Not wherever luigi is
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:54 pm

23toedbasket wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:13 pm
>Use your new body to take a look at the arm/fork looking thing.
Image
It's the ROBOT's other ARM! It's in the opposite direction from where you're headed now, and it doesn't seem to be very useful to you right now so you decide to disregard it.
23toedbasket wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:13 pm
>Use your new body to take a look at that purple worm.
Image
Is it purple? You thought it was blue, but now you think it's purple. Maybe having eyes (ARTIFICIAL OCULI) has changed your perception of certain things around you. Who knew vision could be so impactful! You suddenly begin wondering how the fuck you were functioning before you had eyes. Do you have some sort of magic leg sense or somesuch that you're unaware of on a conscious level perhaps? Oh yeah that worm thing. You've never seen anything like it, and aren't sure where it's headed, flying through space so fast. You doubt you could catch it with just this dinky toy rocket.
whose behind all that facial hair? surely it can't be luigi, that guy disappeared a long time ago

User avatar
23toedbasket
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:33 pm

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by 23toedbasket » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:20 am

>Legs: juuuust in case the worm can see you, gesture rudely at it as you fly towards the ship

>Head: check out that platform looking thingy in the corner

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Location: Not wherever luigi is
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:14 pm

23toedbasket wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:20 am
>Legs: juuuust in case the worm can see you, gesture rudely at it as you fly towards the ship
Image
You flail around to the best of your ability in an attempt to communicate some sort of hateful gesture towards the worm, as pirates are ought to do. Unfortunately, this TOY still lacks ARMS, so you can't do too much. Besides, the worm looks to have some pretty thick skin - both figuratively and literally.

23toedbasket wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:20 am
>Head: check out that platform looking thingy in the corner
Image
You be the ROBOT's HEAD in the present, while it bes itself in the past, and EXAMINE the platform looking thingy in the corner. It's a doohickey, probably capable of doing some gizmo-like things and taking actions in line with what a machine would normally do. Beyond that though you can't say too specifically what its purpose is, as you've never seen or heard of it before noticing it just now. Using your ROBO-SENSES you detect some sort of ELECTROCHEMICAL ENERGY thrumming within. It is surrounded by water though so you can't get any closer than this.

The BUNNY on your HEAD begins to freak out. It doesn't like being this close to the water it seems.
Last edited by luigi on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whose behind all that facial hair? surely it can't be luigi, that guy disappeared a long time ago

User avatar
Mandy
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:04 pm
Pronouns: he/him

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by Mandy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:33 pm

>Use your new legs to jump over the fence

User avatar
BrobyDDark
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 am

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by BrobyDDark » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:20 pm

>consider the triforce

User avatar
23toedbasket
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:33 pm

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by 23toedbasket » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:49 pm

take the double A batteries out of the controller and put them in the toy!

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Location: Not wherever luigi is
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:02 am

Mandy wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:33 pm
>Use your new legs to jump over the fence
Image
You attempt to JUMP over the FENCE but your LEGS resist! Immediately in your HEAD you understand that whoever created you programmed these LEGS with a strict obedience to RULES, LAWS, and ORDER. Dammit! As long as these LEGS keep acting square, you won't be able to SEQUENCE BREAK these puzzles!

You'll have to find another way around.
BrobyDDark wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:20 pm
>Consider the triforce
Image
Stumped by your inability to hop the FENCE, you turn back to the platform with the cool triangles. You find yourself drawn to these shapes for some reason...
>Next.
Image
Meanwhile (kind of), in the future/present, you begin thinking back on all your fond ELF FANTASY memories. You remember the time you stumbled upon an entire complete box-set containing 10 Volumes of ELF FANTASY MANGA. The minutes spent scanning the pages with your photographic memory, your inability to relate to a lot of distinctly emotional human-centric themes... man, those were the days.

Wait a second you've seen another funny triangle shape recently, and it wasn't inside of ELF FANTASY...
>Next.
Image
It was on the deck of the FRIGATE! You can't quite remember what those platforms do though... maybe continuing to delve through your memories will reveal the answer?
23toedbasket wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:49 pm
>Take the double A batteries out of the controller and put them in the toy!
Image
Controller? You guess controller could be a synonym for SWITCH or LEVER, but regardless you're pretty sure this thing doesn't run on batteries. Which is fine, because there are two on the floor over there near the hats.
>Next.
Image
You pick up the BATTERIES...
>Next.
Image
And you power up the TOY!
>Next.
Image
The TOY ROBOT is now yours to command! What do you and your new buddy do first?
whose behind all that facial hair? surely it can't be luigi, that guy disappeared a long time ago

User avatar
BrobyDDark
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 am

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by BrobyDDark » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:07 am

>YEET him onto the triforce pad

RancidRancor
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:45 am
Pronouns: n/a

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by RancidRancor » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:59 pm

>pickup that spoked wheel looking whatever next to the blocks. BE CLUMSY and knock the blocks over while u do.

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Location: Not wherever luigi is
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 8:23 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:07 am
>YEET him onto the triforce pad
Image
You pick up your new buddy. Sorry pal, it's for science!
>Next.
Image
You toss the little thing over the shallow pool and land it successfully on the funny triangles.
>Next.
Image
The platform vaporizes the TOY ROBOT! The poor thing has been slain... you are overcome with grief.

Oh wait no it's over there now! This platform must be a SPACIAL REPOSITIONER.
RancidRancor wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:59 pm
>pPickup that spoked wheel looking whatever next to the blocks.
Image
Okay well we already established that it's a BUCKLER, or SMALLROUNDSHIELD but yeah you pick it up and EQUIP it on one of your arms. Oh fuck you knocked over those blocks.
whose behind all that facial hair? surely it can't be luigi, that guy disappeared a long time ago

User avatar
BrobyDDark
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 am

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by BrobyDDark » Fri May 01, 2020 8:40 pm

>yeet self and rabbit onto teleporter

User avatar
Merlin
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by Merlin » Fri May 01, 2020 8:54 pm

>Cinnamon: break clowns legs with a chair so he cant survey so good if hes activated.

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Location: Not wherever luigi is
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 10:49 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:40 pm
>yeet self and rabbit onto teleporter
Image
You're too scared of falling in the water to make the leap of faith required for such a maneuver. You just toss the BUNNY over.
Merlin wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:54 pm
>Cinnamon: Break clowns legs with a chair so he cant survey so good if hes activated.
Image
The CHAIR's plastic legs shatter on contact against the CLOWN's metal legs. This idea seemed pretty feasible in your head.
>Next.
Image
Sam does you a solid by engaging his mantra - WORK SMARTER, NOT WITH MORE EFFORT - and simply disposes the CLOWN LEGS in the WASTE DISPOSAL. The CLOWN is now a paraplegic, good job!

You thank Sam for his efforts.
whose behind all that facial hair? surely it can't be luigi, that guy disappeared a long time ago

User avatar
BrobyDDark
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 am

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by BrobyDDark » Fri May 01, 2020 11:12 pm

>Flim: Give the clown a makeover

Keeks
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 1:58 am

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by Keeks » Sat May 02, 2020 2:00 am

Film> create a mouth seal with the clown to go check out the possible exit route in the garbage disposal shoot.

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Location: Not wherever luigi is
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by luigi » Sat May 02, 2020 3:07 am

BrobyDDark wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:12 pm
>Flim: Give the clown a makeover
Image
Oh hell no this was a horrible idea. Why do they make the clown robots with teeth? Your brother says that this is hands down the most awful thing he's ever laid eyes on. There is literally no good to be found in this thing. It's pure CLOWN.
Keeks wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:00 am
>Flim: Create a mouth seal with the clown to go check out the possible exit route in the garbage disposal shoot.
Image
While the mouth seal technique might be good for conserving oxygen while heading down the disposal chute, you'll still need some way to ensure you don't just slip right to the bottom in case there's an incinerator or straight up outer space on the other end.

You could possibly use ROPE or a STRETCH ARMSTRONG DOLL and have Flam hold onto the other end, but... he's kind of a puny weakling, and him dropping you is a pretty realistic outcome.

Fuck now you're thinking about clown makeouts.
whose behind all that facial hair? surely it can't be luigi, that guy disappeared a long time ago

Keeks
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 1:58 am

Re: >ROBOQUEST

Post by Keeks » Sat May 02, 2020 4:23 am

Flam> create oxygen seal with clown and go down the garbage disposal to see where it leads whilst
Film> create a rope for the boys to hold on to on their way down
*there is no incinerator because the disposal shoot is cool*
*it does not lead to outer space because there is oxygen in their room and gravity that never alters*

Post Reply