ΣΓΓΘΓ: ΗUΜΛΝΞ

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, play-by-post adventures here!
galileanTactician
Pronouns: Ur Mom Gay Lol
Classpect: Mooge o Spooce
Moon: Derse

ΣΓΓΘΓ: ΗUΜΛΝΞ

Post by galileanTactician » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Note: This is a predominantly Text-Based Fanventure as can't draw to save my life. There will also be some language butchering as I am not proficient in Greek, Arabic, Akkadian, or Egyptian (though the title probably gave that away already) With this disclaimer out of the way, I hope you enjoy this fabulous tale of Mythological and Alkhemikal wonder!

> Begin

Years in the past... but not many.

A lone Vagrant stand in the middle of a desert. It just so happens that today... he just kind stands there for some reason I guess. Ok, in all honesty you're just stuck in the middle of the desert without a single clue where you are or where you can find Civilization. Well, shit. Oh well, maybe today's the day you find your way back home Mister... Sir? What is your name anyways?

][ Enter Name? ][

BrobyDDark

Re: ΣΓΓΘΓ: ΗUΜΛΝΞ

Post by BrobyDDark » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Vergil

galileanTactician

Post by galileanTactician » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:23 pm

][Vergil][

Vagrant: ... *shakes head and signs "Too Hellenic"*

Guess that wasn't the right one. Vergil would be a good name though... if you hailed from the isles of Sapentia. But that's not where you're from, not even close actually.

Come to think of it, where are you from? Your raggedy tan hood and and wrappings don't seem to be of any notable civilization.

Vagrant: *crosses bandaged arms in discomfort*

Well alright if you feel uncomfortable about it. I suppose The Vagrant will do for now

Your name is The Vagrant, and there isn't much you can really say about yourself. Literally. As shown by your excessive use of sign language, you have been rendered Mute by a... rather convoluted series of events. Events that, in all honesty, you'd rather avoid speak- er... signing about. Unpleasant memories aside you do have some things regarding your interests that could be considered hobbies. You're quite adept at both swordplay and Alkhemagia, though you have no means to to perform either task. You are also able to speak a multitude of languages, though that probably won't do you much good on account of the whole... you know.

Now that we have established what you maybe kind of sort could call a personality, I'd think it's high time we try to get out of this desert! Surely with your vast skillset and cunning you're bound to find a way back to somewhere that isn't covered ass to skull in finely ground rock waft!

][ What will you do? ][

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Cover self in sand

galileanTactician

Post by galileanTactician » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:17 pm

][ Cover Self in Sand ][

You grab two massive clumps of sediment and toss them gingerly upon your head!

This raises your Khemikal Affinities for Air and Earth to rise sharply!

Ha! Just kidding. You just have a bunch of sand dusting up your clothing, getting sand in your Hood, Cloak, Bandages, Wrapped Buskins, trousers, Every Frickin' Where. This was pretty useless.

You idle position within the scorching sun is causing you to become a little parched. You should probably check if you have something to drink.

][ Check Inventory ][

You currently possess one (1) empty Travel Bladder, one (1) empty Khopesh sheath, and a one (1) compass with an enscribed message written upon it.

][ Read Message ][

Scrawled upon the scrap of torn papyrus reads, "Ο άνεμος να σας καθοδηγήσει στη φωνή σας."
How appropriate for a time like now.
Turning the paper over reveals what appears to be a faded map with an "X" scratched crudely on a vague area coved with water! The map even has enough left to even make out the direction of the basin!

Now that we have a heading and a destination in mind, let's see if we can't get going while you're still hydrated! Onwards!
][ To water we go! What shall we find?][

galileanTactician

Post by galileanTactician » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:02 am

][ To water we go! What shall we find?][

You make a bold strides westward as you head onwards through a vast and unfamiliar wasteland. Every step you take is filled with desperation, as your trek begins its jagged path. The dunes curve and sweep over the the amber powdered expanse, setting the stage for our first movements into a great unknown land.

You walk for what seems like an eternity until finally, you see it. A smattering of palms and a pool of sky glistening blue displayed in plain sight.

][ Seize Bladder from Inventory and run closer. ][

Your brisk walking has turned into a full and hasty dash as you slip and slide on the desert sands, clumsily yet surely making your way to salvation! Grasping your trusty Bladder, you finally arrive at an Oasis.

Arriving, finally, you kneel by the banks of the untouched basin. There is a song in your heart and hope in your soul. What to do now is the real question. Shall you rest under a palm tree? Splash about in the water? Make a crude effigy of a God and praise it for your discovery? Decisions Decisions.

][ What Will You Do? ][

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

Post by Crpal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:22 am

use your bladder to wash yourself with the water from the oasis sexily in slow motion

galileanTactician

Post by galileanTactician » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 pm

][ use your bladder to wash yourself with the water from the oasis sexily in slow motion ][

You waste no time dunking your Bladder into the pristine pond, filling it completely with some refreshing H2O. Now that it is filled completely, you waste no time in spilling it all over yourself like a model as if Aphrid themself had blessed you with their erotically divine grace.

..?
ΒLUH!

You have just poured sand all over yourself. And even though you were an absolute sexy bastard while doing so, this has only sufficed to make you even more thirsty than before.

Vagrant: *deeply inhales*
Vagrant: *lets loose a silent scream of untold despair the likes of which makes the howls of the sorrowful Purgatoriats of Golgoth pale in comparison*

And so we have an answer to the age old question. If a Vagrant yells in the desert, and no one is around to hear it, does he make a sound? Apparently not, despite the fact that you are ABSOLUTELY LIVID. What in the name of Unholy Burning Amygdalia is going on here?

Whose Water Bladder even is this? You furiously check the bladder for any indication of an owner.
You find an inscription written on a tag that says, "Χα! Δεν υπάρχει νερό για εσάς! -Lillith."

Vagrant: *Winces in frustration*

Figures. You knew that your sister would do something like this after that little stunt she pulled back home. Not even Luminous himself could give you reason as to why she hates you so much, thought part of you would probably have to say that he was partially responsible...

Enough now. Just wash your face and be done with all this.

You turn to the pond to douse yourself.

WHAP!

You yet again toss sand at your face. The oasis is gone, the only thing left is a stone makred with an Ω symbol in the middle of where the pond used to be, the palm trees are wilted beyond regrowth, and there you sit with a face full of sand, a mouth full of dehydration, and a general disdain for both your sister and the situation she has put you in.

Holy Gods of the blessed sanctum of Cerebria...

][ How could today get any worse? ][
Last edited by galileanTactician on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:46 pm

By getting more sand tossed on you

galileanTactician

Post by galileanTactician » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:36 pm

][ By getting more sand tossed on you ][

That's a rather weird way of saying "A Huge Sandstorm Suddenly Happens". Because it does.

A massive, unrelenting whirlwind of rolls over the dunes and stir up all that dwells on the landscape, including you.

You are now completely covered with a layer of fine sand, and you are now being assaulted by blisteringly fast gusts of wind coming at you from every angle all at once.

If there was a God of Sand you'd be wondering what would've been necessary to incur their wrath.

Every direction is a blur, and with no map to find your way out of here you have no idea where you'll end up.

][ Take up thy strength and walk. ][

Trudging through abrasive gusts and sharp winds with cloth wrapped arms feebly, barely safeguarding your vision enough for you to squint and see in front you. Checking you compass isn't an option because putting both of your arms down would render you blind from the sheer force of the storm.

You just keep Walking. Marching. Moving.

A march turns to a stride.

A stride turns to a shamble.

A shamble turns to a crawl.

You are on the verge of passing out from dehydration. Uncountable lengths away from anywhere, this place may be your grave. Lying on the ground, you feel yourself slipping in and out from consciousness. Mirages surround you all around, faint shimmers turn to apparitions of many races and creeds that surround you. Rulers they are, Archons of bygone eras, names lost to sands that outnumber even the stars. They separate and arrange in two lines, allowing Him to step forth. The shadow of a man, no a God, walks before you. Wrapped in flowing black,bearing on his face the Mask of Death he stares past your soul and into your stalling heart. Mortuos grips tight his spaded bi-dent, and halts his approach as he nears your limp and laid arms. And with a voice as cold as the iciest breezes of Karelia he speaks.

Mortuos: and here layeth a vagrant, or so he is told to be, in a storm. he faces the one known as death in desperation, for he sees the souls of these sands. and he shall soon be resting, amen, in his rightful place above. i had not the intention to will the end this life today, but fate is as blind as it is certain. swift it shall be, for a death in haste lacketh pain, and clean the cut shall be. thou yarn hath runneth over, and now it is to be cut.

??????: Perhaps it is better to measure first and cut twice! After all my dear brother, you are no spinstress!

Another figure, draped in brilliant blue, descends from the heavens. You attempt to discern who he is, but the attempt is in vain...

galileanTactician

Post by galileanTactician » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:49 pm

][ GT: Take a breather. ][

Phew! It's done! I've finally made that update! And it only took me... oh shit. That long? Wow how lazy am I... dammit.

][ GT: Address your audience ][

Oh yeah. You guys. Sorry for the wait everyone, but I've got some news I've been meaning to put down. Im just gonna go on to say that as of now I won't be taking any more requests for actions until later. I never really intended for this to be a response based Adventure, but I tried the format anyway, just to help fill in some blanks here and there just so I can get a good plot rolling in between the high and low points. Thank you for giving me your input though! I value what little people actually did give me!

][ GT: Get back to work you dirty Plebeian! ][

And... *sigh* there's my cue. Don't worry about the next update. It'll come out soon! Just keep your eyes peeled, because all this wierd ass jargon about Gods and Monsters will soon make sense! Until then! Ave Cerebria!