Ideas Up For Grabs: Return of Professor Marmalade

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, play-by-post adventures here!
Maltor Drey
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Hope
Moon: Derse

Ideas Up For Grabs: Return of Professor Marmalade

Post by Maltor Drey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:38 am

Have you ever had a great idea for a forum adventure, but for some reason you can't/don't want to use it? Do you want to ensure that it's not just floating out there in the aether? Put your ideas here, and maybe someone will adopt it and use it themselves! Or if you want to start a new adventure but are having trouble coming up with a plot, this thread is here to help! Maybe scanning through the ideas here will give you a spark of inspiration.

The U4G thread was one of my favourite places to hang out on the old forums. Run by long-time user OldManRupee (whose thread intro I've paraphrased above), it was a great place for really interesting and novel ideas, as well as some really terrible jokes. OMR actually began a process of mirroring all the plots to a searchable tumblr blog, though sadly he wasn't able to get them all across before the collapse of the forums.

All ideas are welcome! Basically, go wild. And have fun!

Ian Gitax

Re: Ideas Up For Grabs: Return of Professor Marmalade

Post by Ian Gitax » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 pm

A couple Homestuck related ideas:

A post-SBURBventure, in which a bunch of dumbass kids have just succeeded in creating a universe and have to learn how to run a civilization as gods.

An even more paradoxical than usual Carapacian session whose players originate from within itself.

How Spades Slick built the green city.

The adventures of Johnny 5, which somehow are vital to every single event that happens in Homestuck.

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

Post by Crpal » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:41 am

Ian Gitax wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 pm

The adventures of Johnny 5, which somehow are vital to every single event that happens in Homestuck.
I always forget that Johnny 5 is always somehow the bad outcome when you mix two items that dont mix

Morphimus
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Dutton of Mutton
Moon: Derse

Post by Morphimus » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Hell yes new U4G thread.

Here's something straight out of my old notes for an adventure I planned not long before the original forums died.
I, in my notes wrote:TEAM FORCE
A super ridiculous over the top adventure where everything is fight scenes and explosions.
There's a bunch of Power Rangers-esque teams that have to TEAM UP to beat evil teams of villains.
Each team has its own unique theme, e.g., forces of nature, animals, dinosaurs, numbers, types of robot, etc. and each member is themed based on one of those things, e.g., dino team could have t-rex, stegosaurus, apatosaurus, etc.
And each member of the team has their own unique special transformation, and weapon, and special attack relating to their aspect of the team.
Divide segments of the adventure into episodes. Episodes needn't be consistent in length.
Throw around words like "ultimate, mega, super, power, hyper, final, friendship, teamwork, etc." at every possible opportunity.

Formulaic episode construction:
0. Intro sequence that's basically the same for every episode.
1. Villains do bad.
2. A new team of heros suits up.
3. Heros get their asses kicked.
4. Heros summon another hero team to help, possibly a hero team from a previous episode.
5. Heros and friends kick the villain's ass.
Hellooooo MSPA Forums. :pranky:

Image Image Image