FATE OF THE MOON MEN

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, play-by-post adventures here!
FOTMM

FATE OF THE MOON MEN

Post by FOTMM » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:41 pm

FATE OF THE MOON MEN.

EPISODE 1: PROJECT REAL-NAME TBD.

-Thursday, March 8th, 2018 1:28 PM||03.08.12018.1328-
I was standing in line at the deli. My Dad had sent me on a mission earlier this morning, to procure meat and lettuce for what else but sandwiches. It was my first time out with my new phone - given to me as a present on my 13th birthday a few days ago. I was still away from the front of the line, so I decided to pull it out of my pocket and check it out again.

I lazily navigated my way over to my list of contacts. So far it was just me, my dad, and emergency services. I was so excited to just have my own phone that I didn't need any games or friends for this simple list to excite me. It was my own phone, that I could use to text just like adults do!

And then suddenly, I got a new text! Strangely, it was from my own phone number.
I had two new messages in my inbox, both from my own phone number. They warned me against buying ham - Dad's favourite meat - warning that it would kill him. I believed the message to be a prank, probably from my dad himself. He was a genius programmer after all, so it was totally reasonable to believe he messed with the phone's code somehow and made it send itself this spooky prank message.

Regardless, a warning is a warning...
Spoiler
Show
My current dilemmas...
>Should I buy the Ham or not?
>Should I send a message back?
>Should I ask my dad about the message?
>---

BrobyDDark

Re: FATE OF THE MOON MEN

Post by BrobyDDark » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:12 pm

>buy the ham
>You were sent to buy ham so buy the hame
>Ham

FOTMM

Post by FOTMM » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:14 am

I was snapped out of my deliberating by Mr. Slag politely implying I was wasting his time. I decided to ignore the errant message and just get the ham, and show Dad the message when I got home.

I made sure to smell and examine the ham he gave me, to ensure it wasn't spoiled or unsafe in any way. I deemed it suitable for human consumption and began the trip home.

I took the bike path home. The bike path takes longer, but it's a lot prettier than the city streets.

-Thursday, March 8th, 2018 2:31 PM||03.08.12018.1431-
An hour later I had arrived at the corner my apartment rested on, just above Compustar Networks, my Dad's failing computer repair store.

A homeless man - who I recognized from this area but had never interacted with before - asked me for money with a grumpy look on his face before I had a chance to step up to my apartment. I still had 3 dollars leftover from my trip to the store, but was unsure about whether or not to give this man my Dad's money.
Spoiler
Show
My current dilemmas...
>Should I give the homeless man money or not?
>---

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:41 am

>tell him you'll trade your 3 dollars for his 3 dollars

quicksaveisF5

Post by quicksaveisF5 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:49 pm

>Try and text back that number that texted you.

>Ask how ham kills your dad.

FOTMM

Post by FOTMM » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:01 am

Making fun of the homeless. I thought it was a good idea at the time.

I pitched my idea to the old fellow. He didn't seem pleased.

And as he skulked away, I could have sworn I overheard him say "...fucking kill him."

I walked up to the apartment, putting the grumpy old dude out of my mind for now.

While I climbed the stairs, I tried texting back the number that warned me about the ham. Of course, it just sent the text back to me, uselessly duplicating it.

I walked inside and put the ham in the fridge. Dad was nowhere to be seen. He was probably working downstairs.

-Thursday, March 8th, 2018 2:39 PM||03.08.12018.1439-
At this point, all my errands were done, and I had nothing to do for the rest of the day. School was out because of the bomb threat, and the store never got any business so it's not like dad needed my help.

I was so bored.
Spoiler
Show
My current dilemmas...
>What should I do for the rest of the day?
>Nap?
>Play Video Games?
>Exercise?
>---

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:47 pm

Feed dad his ham

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:02 pm

>Search inside the couch for snacks (raisins, seeds, lint, etc)
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.