March/April Updates (MOD APPLICATIONS!)

This is an area specifically designated for asking questions or getting help with the forum in general. All off-topic threads will be locked.
classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

March/April Updates (MOD APPLICATIONS!)

Post by classpectanon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:00 pm

Howdy everyone. Sorry about the relative radio silence and the troll incident yesterday -- The industry I work for IRL has kept me plenty busy with this whole "the world ending due to apocalyptic superbug" thing, and I haven't had as much time to be on the forums as I'd like.

I have heard Things from People and taken them into account. That being said, I am introducing two new moderators to the moderator team, and may be looking into a restructure of the moderator team as it stands -- I do want mods to be active on the forums, after all. That's the whole reason as to why I delegate duty to them.

CalamityCons is the new Forum Moderator for Homestuck and Beyond Canon.
royalFiddle is the new Forum Moderator for Forum Adventures and Fan Content Discussion.

I am looking for 1-2 more moderators to round them out. If you are reasonably active, of mature temperament, and capable of keeping your head easily, please contact me and we'll see about setting you up.

I think with a good moderation team we can make sure this forum does not languish into a wild west -- it's already somewhat precarious as it stands, after all. But I literally do not have the daylight in the day to do that single handedly.

As an addendum to this, I have put my discord into my signature. Yes, I know there is a report function, and it is perfectly functional, but no matter how I try to configure it it does not want to send reports to my email, and so I am not there the instant I get one. If there is something very urgent it is actually faster to reach out to me on Discord, because that makes a funny ping sound and makes my phone vibrate.

Thank you, I love you all.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Re: March/April Updates (MOD APPLICATIONS!)

Post by RoyalFiddle » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:03 pm

Happy to be here chief. I promise to rule over the forums with a firm, iron shaped fists, tattooed with the words fair and just.

Of course I'm making a laugh. Y'all should recognize me at this point, I'll promise to keep this place acceptable!
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:19 pm

I'm happy to be here, and I look forward to other mod applications!
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by classpectanon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:51 pm

We've also taken on foreverFlummoxed as a mod for the Hiveswap and Creative Works forums.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:18 pm

classpectanon wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:51 pm
We've also taken on foreverFlummoxed as a mod for the Hiveswap and Creative Works forums.
I have arrived...

crap I just realized I suck at introductions... trust me, I work better than I word.
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel