Suggestion Thread

This is an area specifically designated for asking questions or getting help with the forum in general. All off-topic threads will be locked.
classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

Re: Suggestion Thread

Post by classpectanon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:51 pm

florrie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:48 pm
my extremely big and forum shaking suggestion is that the server should enforce https, so that people dont accidentally submit their passwords through an unsecure network. :apple:
It actually is on HTTPS, I'm just unsure how to get the site to force https instead of http. It's not being as cooperative as my other sites. I'll give it a whack this weekend.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

Sylandrophol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Rogue Of Space
Moon: Prospit

Post by Sylandrophol » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:04 pm

would pronouns for profiles be possible or what's the scoop?
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

classpectanon
Site Admin

Post by classpectanon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Sylandrophol wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:04 pm
done
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

Sylandrophol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Rogue Of Space

Post by Sylandrophol » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:19 pm

classpectanon wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:16 pm
Sylandrophol wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:04 pm
done
hell yeah! thank you classpectanon i owe you my life
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Can there be a way to mute threads, like, make them invisible when you go into UnreadPosts or NewPosts, for example?
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

KanayaMaryam
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Post by KanayaMaryam » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:45 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but maybe a way to react with emojis (?) to posts? Like if someone posts something insightful, you can slap a Professor Honeybee on it, or if there’s some good art, give it a ‘like’ with a :cool: emoji or something. I don’t know, I’m basing this off my limited knowledge of the Spacebattles/SufficientVelocity forums
[insert evil 90s anime woman laugh here]

classpectanon
Site Admin

Post by classpectanon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:28 am

calamityCons wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:05 pm
Can there be a way to mute threads, like, make them invisible when you go into UnreadPosts or NewPosts, for example?
I looked around high and low and unfortunately this is an extension that nobody has made yet (for the current version of PHPBB, and an old version's extension wouldn't work). Sorry.
KanayaMaryam wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:45 am
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but maybe a way to react with emojis (?) to posts? Like if someone posts something insightful, you can slap a Professor Honeybee on it, or if there’s some good art, give it a ‘like’ with a :cool: emoji or something. I don’t know, I’m basing this off my limited knowledge of the Spacebattles/SufficientVelocity forums
I'm actually actively deciding against reacts or upvote/downvotes because i feel like they're corrosive to developing a good discussion.

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:39 am

classpectanon wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:28 am
I'm actually actively deciding against reacts or upvote/downvotes because i feel like they're corrosive to developing a good discussion.
personally if we're talking discussions wise, I feel like an upvote system would be a much better way to show you agree and don't have anything to add than to make a post that says "i agree and have nothing to add," so it could serve as a metric to see what people are actually kinda vibin with without clogging up threads

what im getting at is there are so many posts in the caliborn vore thread that i wanna give my appreciation to but im too scared to actually say anything
Image Perfection.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 am

Making your own post agreeing with people is not cluttering the thread. If you have nothing to add you don’t HAVE to add anything at all. It’s okay, man.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Crpal » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Can we have a section solely for shitposts/memes? I have so many that I would love to show the community here and decide not to due to the shitposting rule/ there being no place for such chicanery on the forums? :cal:

classpectanon
Site Admin

Post by classpectanon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Crpal wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:17 pm
Can we have a section solely for shitposts/memes? I have so many that I would love to show the community here and decide not to due to the shitposting rule/ there being no place for such chicanery on the forums? :cal:
You can make a meme sharing thread in general chat, but your posts must be something of substance (i.e, a new meme that wasn't previously posted in the thread). And also following every other rule. :professor:

dualfallen
Classpect: Witch of Rage

Post by dualfallen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:06 am

classpectanon, perhaps it would be beneficial if we had a spot in our profile for our classpect and maybe even moon. I've been seeing a lot of people place this information in their signatures and I think it would be widely appreciated if users were able to have it be in their profile to make it more visible when they post.

classpectanon
Site Admin

Post by classpectanon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:56 am

dualfallen wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:06 am
classpectanon, perhaps it would be beneficial if we had a spot in our profile for our classpect and maybe even moon. I've been seeing a lot of people place this information in their signatures and I think it would be widely appreciated if users were able to have it be in their profile to make it more visible when they post.
done

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Post by Leddy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:21 pm

classpectanon wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:56 am
dualfallen wrote:
done
Thank you.

Also the ability to sort by different categories, such as sort by highest to lowest view count, reply count, etc.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:26 pm

classpectanon wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:56 am
dualfallen wrote:
done
epic

Gio
Pronouns: its him

Post by Gio » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:33 pm

can we please get contact fields for discord and pesterchum, while we're adding fields?
I'm making Pesterquest Modsuite! Write your own pq/friendsim routes!
Keep circulating the tapes.
you're
:⁾
welcome

classpectanon
Site Admin

Post by classpectanon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Gio wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:33 pm
can we please get contact fields for discord and pesterchum, while we're adding fields?
check back in about two minutes

arachnidsGrip
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Page of Light

Post by arachnidsGrip » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:07 pm

(might've been said already, ignore if it has) If you feel up for adding even MORE fields, you could also add a zodiac sign and/or extended zodiac sign field?

arachnidsGrip
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Page of Light

Post by arachnidsGrip » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:09 pm

arachnidsGrip wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:07 pm
(might've been said already, ignore if it has) If you feel up for adding even MORE fields, you could also add a zodiac sign and/or extended zodiac sign field?
OH, AND, you could ALSO add a Tumblr field. Like, for putting in a link to your Tumblr account.

the real karkat

Post by the real karkat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:58 pm

why are avatars on the wrong side of the posts