psycholonials thread

Discuss other MSPA and Andrew Hussie related works like Problem Sleuth and Bard Quest here!
luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: psycholonials thread

Post by luigi » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:07 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:23 pm
Nobody is obligated to experience a story they don't like. People are allowed to dislike the same things someone else does, or decide not to continue reading after a certain point that made them mad, or to read a story very differently from someone else.

I'm concerned that discussion will just go in a negative feedback loop of "I don't like her" -> "you're not supposed to like her" -> "but that doesn't mean I suddenly start liking her." This doesn't seem to be a healthy direction to take the discussion, I predict it might become yet another sequel to the Vriscourse/Dircourse. Is there anything else to talk about regarding Psycholonials that doesn't center around whether or not we like the main character?
I guess it's just one of those things where you either like it or you don't. Personally I like Z. I like her personality, as a human. Some of her actions (killing the second and third cops, and raping percy) are bad actions but I still like the rest of her and Abby's characterization. I enjoy the dialogue between them and find myself constantly chuckling to it. It's like a breaking bad thing for me, but instead of a milquetoast high school teacher becoming a sadistic drug kingpin I'm having fun watching a funny but depressed former-emo girl become an insane juggalo cultist.

I'm also not saying that you should be forced to keep reading if you don't like it lmao I don't know why everyone always says that in media criticism like no doi dude.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

luigi

Post by luigi » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:48 pm

God damn, anyone who says the story is too slow is now formally invited to eat their own hats.

What did you guys think of C 5?

RIP SIMP

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:33 pm

alright
I'll eat my words

for saying this was boring.

jesus fucking christ I'm 100% invested now, I was thinking this was just being annoying and boring but holy fuck Hussie really fucking went full crazy

this is starting to remind me of Joker(2019) and Code Geass, and I dont think its good I just want to see how batshit insane it gets.

though I am very worried on the portrait of Z now. I really, REALLY hope the narration is Z's head and not a neutral voice, because Z thinks and does some REALLY fucked up shit that I really hope this game, and by extension Hussie, DOES NOT IN ANY CIRCUSTANCE approve of. Z is a psychopathic abusive narcissistic piece of shit and everything we've seen so far gives me the conclusion Z is an absolute total wreck no one should ever strive to be and I really hope the game doesnt incentivize anyone to act like Z. The whole message here seems very similar to Joker(2019) and I really hope no one actually goes out and commits atrocities pretending they're making society better

however

I am absurdly invested to see where all this shit goes and I am IN the wild ride now.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

luigi

Post by luigi » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:30 pm

Chapter 6 was good, I knew Joculine was up to no good. Finding out her identity was like oof.

Also is Z dreaming in the dream bubbles? The inexplicable horsescape looks a lot like Z's dream world. And the house on the hill reminded me a lot of Darkleers house on the hill.

The music that played during the Riotus segment was a banger.

PilotBlackSmith

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:13 am

so this is Joker(2019) + Attack on Titan

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

PilotBlackSmith

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:24 am

REVOLVER OCELOT

AKpen
Pronouns: they/them/she/him
Classpect: Page of Heart
Moon: Derse

Post by AKpen » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:11 pm

I am quite excited and intrigued for this. I bought it since we are pretty close to the end so I'll binge it all and report back on what I think later tonight. I hope its as fun and goofy as it looks.

AKpen
Pronouns: they/them/she/him
Classpect: Page of Heart
Moon: Derse

Post by AKpen » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:13 pm

AKpen wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:11 pm
I am quite excited and intrigued for this. I bought it since we are pretty close to the end so I'll binge it all and report back on what I think later tonight. I hope its as fun and goofy as it looks.
Probably dark too knowing Hussie and clowns

luigi

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:31 pm

AKpen wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:11 pm
FUN AND GOOFY :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal:

This chapter was the best one yet oh my god I'm really feeling the drama. The spinning guns scene was *chef's kiss* and it's super exciting that the person from the trailer was Z all along. Her outfit/makeup, both awake and the pajama version were also really good.

Soooooooooo good shit

TantamountTurnabout
Pronouns: He/him

Post by TantamountTurnabout » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 pm

i literaly never heard of this until now and thought this was a thread about psychoanalysis
i can't believe this was just a thing i never encountered waddahell
*demonterializes*

PilotBlackSmith

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:19 pm

chapter 8 is out
oh boy
:andrew:

luigi

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:57 pm

Random thoughts as I read:

Anyone still saying this is a Hussie self insert fantasy or that this is an anarcholeftist circlejerk is definitely not paying attention. Like Abby and Z had an argument about how to rebuild a stable government and Z was NOT presented in a positive light or like she was correct.

I mean it does flip back at the end to show how Z is still a scared, slightly empathetic person who really meant well at first but it's obvious she's going off the deep end now.

Also it is TRAGIC how Z just showed up and started destroying Abby's life. I hate what their friendship and Abby's home has become. The way she starts yelling at Abby for laughing at her, it's not something Z would have done before she'd have just laughed along with Abby.

The way the music was being played diagetically from Abby's phone was a neat touch.

The music often syncs up really well the action and the pace of the screen fades.

The gearing up section was lit. The sound effect that plays there and at the beginning of the game and during the CRAZY war animation is a remix of flare.

Hussie died protecting a Horse again lol.

That second animation bled so well into that speech moment it was so good paired with the music, honestly gave me chills. This definitely feels like an evolution of his work on homestuck. One thing that was always missing from flashes was dialogue - he managed to bridge that gap here in a clever way by having the animation lead seamlessly into the text portion while keeping the song playing. I thought that was cool.

I am super excited for the 20th, and the potential for Successor mode.

THE MUSIC SLAPS SO HARD

PilotBlackSmith

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:10 pm

welp that was something

honestly what a blueballs ending, I really wish this went full insanity but I guess it would've been too insane for a small project

what I'm curious is if Hussie will update some panels with the higher quality art we've seen in the Trailer 2

luigi

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:40 pm

So all in all, not as good as Problem Sleuth or Homestuck, but I'd say it's still a worthy successor. I really enjoyed it, so happy for my girls.

The song that plays at the beginning I'm pretty sure is a remix of Final Hours from Majora's Mask.

PilotBlackSmith

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:30 am

at first I was "okay" with the ending but now I'm legitimately terrified

Hussie made ANOTHER character who commits awful atrocities and fucks up everything around them and gets away with it with a happy ending while being adored by many and now I'm very fucking worried because said character is supposedly the author's self insert. I'm not gonna say much to avoid discourse but holy fuck how does this keep fucking happening

luigi

Post by luigi » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:24 pm

PilotBlackSmith wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:30 am
at first I was "okay" with the ending but now I'm legitimately terrified

Hussie made ANOTHER character who commits awful atrocities and fucks up everything around them and gets away with it with a happy ending while being adored by many and now I'm very fucking worried because said character is supposedly the author's self insert. I'm not gonna say much to avoid discourse but holy fuck how does this keep fucking happening
Just because she didn't receive any physical injuries from the experience doesn't mean she 'got away with it'. The final monologue talks about how she's happy with Abby, sure, but she's mega fucked up and traumatized from the experience.