Pokemon Sword and Shield looks like a shitshow

Genshin Impact, Legend of Zelda, The Magnus Archives, whatever you'd like, you can talk about it here! Just remember to keep it Forum Appropriate!
PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Pokemon Sword and Shield looks like a shitshow

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:49 pm

I'm still getting it

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield looks like a shitshow

Post by calamityCons » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:00 pm

I'm not because I don't have a switch and I don't approve of the direction they're going in.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:02 pm

who's even remotely surprised it looks like a shitshow? If you are man, you sure are oblivious.
:rosecool:

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 pm

I was hoping it'd be good because I love Pokemon but between Dexit and the poor visual quality with the wild area it doesn't feel like they tried very hard on developing it. And they limited catching Pokemon to level caps? Come on man. They already have coding for disobedient overleveled Pokemon in-game already, just apply that to every Pokemon and not just traded ones!

I just wanted it to be good. :jadesob:
Spoiler
Show
400 Pokemon in the Dex is so goddamn dumb I'm still mad.
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

TC
Classpect: Your Lord of Rage

Post by TC » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Everybody always talks about Dexit and Pokemon Designs nobody ever talks about the completely railroaded main campaign with zero exploration where you're getting stopped by plot important characters every 1-2 minutes. Or less.

I'll just play Pizza Tower instead. :lemon:
ImageImageImage

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:26 pm

You’re absolutely right about the railroadings and shit plot design happening in modern pokemon and you should say it.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

pDestiny

Post by pDestiny » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:13 pm

I'm grabbing Sword, even though it does look like a shitshow
Your'e epec *dab*
Heir of Life

omniscientTrees

Post by omniscientTrees » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:26 pm

i like some of the new pokemon designs, but... it's not worth getting what looks like an absolutely soulless piece of trash. If they just want to make money off merch instead, that's all i'm gonna get i guess.

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:27 pm

It's the crowning jewel of not giving a shit.

warmwood

Post by warmwood » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm currently playing it, and I can confirm that not only does it look like a shitshow, but it is a shitshow. I've encountered numerous issues, but the most glaring flaw for me at the moment is the abysmal balancing. In THIS interview Mr. Ohmori says the following:
We felt that it is important for all players who spend a lot of time with the games, even if they don't focus on battling, to be able to finish the main story. There are lots of different ways for players to have fun playing with their Pokémon outside of battles, and Pokémon Camp is one of them. We felt it wouldn't make sense for players to spend a lot of time engaging in those gameplay features only to end up under-leveled and unable to progress in the story, so we decided to give Exp.Points for playing at camps. Our thinking was the same with the other new ways to train that we introduced in these games.
While the idea of rewarding various styles of gameplay is certainly not harmful, there is no real thought apparent in the design. By the time I was through with the first two straight corridor routes, my entire team was already higher level than anything I could encounter in the wild or in trainer battles at that point. Upon reaching the Wild Area and being given free reign to try out camping and raids, I decided to do just that, and was showered with experience, and a variety of items used to give more experience to my pokemon. I assumed engaging these new features was accounted for due to Mr. Ohmori's words, and by all means, as he said I have not been unable to progress, however I have found that by actually playing the game and using what is made available to me I have already become so completely overpowered that nothing is of any consequence.

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:13 pm

I'm just staying with Gen 5 and romhacks, because not only I don't own a switch... But also I'm displeased alot of my favorites are gone.

I officially quit at the 7th gen anyway. Good thing the game got leaked. It's like karma.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

sigmatic
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life

Post by sigmatic » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:32 am

I'm actually still pretty excited for the game although I won't deny it has its flaws. Mostly because a lot of my friends are going to play as well and I want to compete against them, I don't really play Pokemon for the story anyway
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by classpectanon » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:32 am

no scolipede no buy
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:02 pm

It just looks so barren... and the starter final evolutions are just gross. I mean, grookys fine, but scorbunnys is boring and they made sobble into a twink. Its like each starters final evolution is different kinds of furrybait.

TC

Post by TC » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:13 pm

warmwood wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 pm
however I have found that by actually playing the game and using what is made available to me I have already become so completely overpowered that nothing is of any consequence.
It seems like the game is actually only balanced for the way that the guy who streamed the game before the whole thing leaked played it: Rushing through the campaign seems to be the only way to not become overpowered and actually stick with the game's level curve.

:professor: It's bad design.
ImageImageImage

Alder

Post by Alder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Nep wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:13 pm
I'm just staying with Gen 5 and romhacks, because not only I don't own a switch... But also I'm displeased alot of my favorites are gone.

I officially quit at the 7th gen anyway. Good thing the game got leaked. It's like karma.
Gimme ur fave rom hacks lad. Prism is mine

TC

Post by TC » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:48 pm

I talk to Prism's dev every day but I've still only played it for like 5 minutes. I am a bad friend.

I wanna play Vega. Thinking of going with the water starter.
ImageImageImage

Auntie
Moon: Prospit

Post by Auntie » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Regarding romhacks, the main one I've been playing, appropriately given the forum we're on, is sburbmon.
I'm all caught up to the current progress though so I've just been filling out my sylladex and getting those sweet sweet boondollars with Meenah.
Current works: fanventure
Still alive, living slowly

TC

Post by TC » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Never really been a fan of hacks where characters from another series replace the pokemon, like Touhoumon or Ponymon, cause well, they're characters.

pokestucksprites/pokemon skaia version had a really great idea where they made original pokemon based on the characters instead (Even if a lot of them were kitbashes of real pokemon sprites or just the Aquariumstuck versions of the characters). They would also turn obscure homestuck related concepts into pokemon, like the fact that Dirk likes Rainbow dash became a Normal/Poison type Sleipnir pokemon.

Unfortunately that blog has been dead for ages and they were never making a real hack in the first place.
ImageImageImage

livingNingyo

Post by livingNingyo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:05 am

Slow downs and now physical & digital copies for the game may delete your save data of other games in your console.

How did it go from bad to worse in the matter of days within the release?

For you are true and destined prince ♒
And my sword is by your side
I will fight for you in glory until I die