Steven Universe Future

Genshin Impact, Legend of Zelda, The Magnus Archives, whatever you'd like, you can talk about it here! Just remember to keep it Forum Appropriate!
Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

Steven Universe Future

Post by Crpal » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:57 am

Well, the first four episodes dropped and I think I liked them a lot overall. Just thought I'd make a thread so we could discuss them.

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Derse

Re: Steven Universe Future

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Wait, there's more?
I stopped watching SU circa 2016, as I just couldn't be bothered to keep up with the episode schedule, and the plot started to lose me, but I know of a friend of mine who watched the movie and said it was alright. I'm honestly surprised to see there's more, as I heard that despite the movie, most people were disappointed by the ending, and viewership numbers for the series were declining. How is the new series, what's it about?
June X Vriska is the best ship.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:37 pm

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Wait, there's more?
I stopped watching SU circa 2016, as I just couldn't be bothered to keep up with the episode schedule, and the plot started to lose me, but I know of a friend of mine who watched the movie and said it was alright. I'm honestly surprised to see there's more, as I heard that despite the movie, most people were disappointed by the ending, and viewership numbers for the series were declining. How is the new series, what's it about?
It's an epilogue series about teenage Steven dealing with his own personal issues after he's already dealt with everything Homeworld threw at him. I find it'll probably be difficult for it to come to a satisfying conclusion, but it's pretty interesting so far.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

kiaric
Pronouns: he/him they/them

Post by kiaric » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:26 pm

egg wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:37 pm
ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Wait, there's more?
It's an epilogue series about teenage Steven dealing with his own personal issues after he's already dealt with everything Homeworld threw at him. I find it'll probably be difficult for it to come to a satisfying conclusion, but it's pretty interesting so far.
I think the fact that they're even taking the time to make this series at all is an indication that they'll at least AIM for a satisfying conclusion. And yeah! It's been super interesting. I've liked all the episodes released so far quite a bit.
𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝔂𝓾𝔂𝓾𝓾𝓱𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾𝓾.................

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:27 am

It's over. I think that's about as much as I can say with the emotional processing power I have right now.
the epilogues were good.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am

I wish they'd have actually gone into what he was going through physically, since obviously physicality was a big part of that, and it wasn't just psychological.
Maybe show parts of the others counseling him and helping him get through it, since he obviously has it under control again when he leaves Beach City.

Although I kind of feel like it was just the gem equivalent of puberty.
Of course none of the other gems would know what that's like, since they kind of just pop out of the ground as adults.

Ending felt kind of rushy-rushy in that way, but I understand that the biggest issue was resolved, and it was time to move on.

Overall, I liked the season,
because... yeah, the shit Steven went through is gonna fuck up a kid.
And I'm glad they actually addressed that in a fantasy action series like this.
I am kind of salty we never got a Peridot x Lapis fusion tho. Or Jasper x anyone where the fusion was actually healthy and stable, to give her some perspective.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by classpectanon » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:26 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.