THE Hollow Knight thread

Genshin Impact, Legend of Zelda, The Magnus Archives, whatever you'd like, you can talk about it here! Just remember to keep it Forum Appropriate!
PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

THE Hollow Knight thread

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 pm

bros I can't fucking wait for silksong its gonna be kino

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

KanayaMaryam
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

Re: THE Hollow Knight thread

Post by KanayaMaryam » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:40 am

HEll YES

I can’t wait!!! It looks so good already!
[insert evil 90s anime woman laugh here]

arachnidsGrip
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Page of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by arachnidsGrip » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:39 pm

What even is Hollow Knight? I know it's 2D, I think it's difficult, and I know the characters look odd, but otherwise I don't know jack. I would look it up on my own but I'm afraid that I might get spoilers for it, and that would really suck if it turns out that it's a game I'd want to play.

KanayaMaryam
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Post by KanayaMaryam » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:23 pm

arachnidsGrip wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:39 pm
What even is Hollow Knight? I know it's 2D, I think it's difficult, and I know the characters look odd, but otherwise I don't know jack. I would look it up on my own but I'm afraid that I might get spoilers for it, and that would really suck if it turns out that it's a game I'd want to play.
Hmmmmm how does one describe Hollow Knight. Basically it's a Metroidvania with absolutely incredible art, a plot/story that slowly unfolds and makes sense as you play through the game, and while it is difficult, it isn't absolutely excruciating. It's been compared to Dark Souls since it has some similar aspects, and the music is absolutely gorgeous. Story-wise, I can't say much since a lot of the game was, in my opinion, discovering what the hell is going on in the game. The absolute basics are: you are a small bug exploring a dead Kingdom called Hallownest which has been 'infected' by something. I can't say much more, and I may have said too much already, but as you go along you learn more and more about the Kingdom, what happened to it, and why it's like this. It's a really amazing game and I absolutely recommend it!
[insert evil 90s anime woman laugh here]

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life

Post by aspiringWatcher » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:49 am

KanayaMaryam wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:23 pm
arachnidsGrip wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:39 pm
Hmmmmm how does one describe Hollow Knight. Basically it's a Metroidvania with absolutely incredible art, a plot/story that slowly unfolds and makes sense as you play through the game, and while it is difficult, it isn't absolutely excruciating. It's been compared to Dark Souls since it has some similar aspects, and the music is absolutely gorgeous. Story-wise, I can't say much since a lot of the game was, in my opinion, discovering what the hell is going on in the game. The absolute basics are: you are a small bug exploring a dead Kingdom called Hallownest which has been 'infected' by something. I can't say much more, and I may have said too much already, but as you go along you learn more and more about the Kingdom, what happened to it, and why it's like this. It's a really amazing game and I absolutely recommend it!
TL;DR: It's a metroidvania/soulsborne game about bugs.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

power464646
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Thief of Light

Post by power464646 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:00 am

What I admire about Hollow Knight is how many facets of Romantic era art, writing, philosophy, mysticism, and perhaps most of all, music, it captures in one cohesive package. If, somehow, you could turn 19th century Europe into a video game, it would be Hollow Knight.

(Thus, one can't help but mention how striking it feels when these elements are subverted. The electric guitar in the battle with the Nightmare King, or the general aesthetic de-evolution into a more 17th century style in Godhome, for example, come to mind.)

Paravellex
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Heir of Heart

Post by Paravellex » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:45 pm

They're definitely a Lord of Void, I think
I write Through Shadowed Eyes.
Twitter
AO3