Zine Thread!

Showcase things you made! This includes illustrations, writings, and musical pieces! Fanventures and Fan Projects go in the appropriate forums, respectively.
therealdjpocky
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Maid of Light
Moon: Prospit

Zine Thread!

Post by therealdjpocky » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:50 pm

This is a thread to post about all kinds of Homestuck zines! Zines that you're working on, zines with applications open, or zines that you've worked on or enjoyed in the past!

I'll go first: I'm co-running a zine called They Should Have Spoken, and our mission is to make new content for our favorite crackships or rarepairs! If you are interested, our applications are still open for a few more days. Please check us out on Twitter at @tshszine and drop us a line! We would love to have more people with ships that don't have as much love as some of the more mainstream because they never had a chance to interact in canon. :ecstatic: :ecstatic:
Apply for They Should Have Spoken: A Crackship Zine!! https://t.co/PhF1IJIQf8

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life

Re: Zine Thread!

Post by aspiringWatcher » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:19 am

/wave

I've written two fics for Terezine and am now pondering over what to write for apocalypseArizine.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

Khiara
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Derse

Post by Khiara » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:31 pm

My favorite fanzines so far :
- The Distant Past (ancestors zine)
- Terezine
- Pro8lematic Faves Zine
- John Egbert zine

Meanwhile, Gothstuck zine application is open, for anyone who interested to participate!
Info :

Also, Zinobiology (a Homestuck Biology zine) had just closed their applications a few days ago, and now in process for acceptance email for contributors.
More info about the zine :

desu these much various fanzine is the reason why I could stay in the fandom for long time, and I'm so excited to see more from the community. :rorb:

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

therealdjpocky
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Maid of Light

Post by therealdjpocky » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Today's the last day to apply for the crackship zine! Link is in my signature/my original post! :ecstatic:
Apply for They Should Have Spoken: A Crackship Zine!! https://t.co/PhF1IJIQf8

furrylatula
Pronouns: he/him

Post by furrylatula » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:57 am

have been interested in starting up a homestuck cosplay zine BUUUUUUT i have no experience running a zine and i have always had a really hard time getting people to participate in things.

anyone know how to Do The Thing? bonus points if you know how to organize a paid zine, cause cosplay is fucking expensive and i dont feel right asking people to do it for free
did trans vriska real

Khiara
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Derse

Post by Khiara » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:35 am

furrylatula wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:57 am
anyone know how to Do The Thing? bonus points if you know how to organize a paid zine, cause cosplay is fucking expensive and i dont feel right asking people to do it for free
Hope this will help a bit (specifically for free digital zines). These tips come from someone who managed The Distant Past zine before.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gwH ... HvuFw/edit

The SBLURB podcast also explained a lot about zines on one of their episodes. You can listen it here :

https://www.buzzsprout.com/564319/1823671

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART