Looking for Sprites

Showcase things you made! This includes illustrations, writings, and musical pieces! Fanventures and Fan Projects go in the appropriate forums, respectively.
foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Looking for Sprites

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Is there a collection of the standard sprites of the entire Homestuck cast available somewhere on the Internet? Searching for sprite editing purposes.
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

Dream Muttman

Re: Looking for Sprites

Post by Dream Muttman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:44 pm

There's an archival project on the subreddit. You can probably find all the official art assets somewhere in there.

Witness my golem:
:candy: :meat: :candy:
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

Has it grown since you last saw it?

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:57 pm

I have actually searched the Homestuck archives and, unless they have multiple sprite files floating around somewhere, their collection of sprites is incomplete :tense:
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

furrylatula
Pronouns: he/him

Post by furrylatula » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 pm

would a compilation of every (with the exception of dirk^2) individual sprite part separated from its owner and put on a transparent sheet suffice?

cause here
did trans vriska real

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:45 pm

While that is handy for someone that may be building sprites from scratch, this image is not necessarily the best for specific character sprite editing. (also opening it in certain photo editors makes it a complete mess :what: )