childishGambino (chamcubia)
???? - 2019

no one told me their birth year if u do pls tell me

Kip
Classpect: Prince of Time
Moon: Prospit

Re: The Author of Herding Cats died.

Post by Kip » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:41 am

I was looking through my old homestuck ao3 stuff, and wondered where chamcubia went. It seems like you're the only person on the internet who has mentioned them by that username. I can't find any other info on them!

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that, if it's true. I know it's been a long time, but I just wanted to reach out and ask how you found that out. I'm just looking for some closure, I guess.

Sorry if this goes out into the internet ether without resolution, also. I saw that your account was active recently, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

syrupsand
Pronouns: any
Classpect: confusing af no idea
Moon: Derse

Post by syrupsand » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:27 am

Kip wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:41 am
I was looking through my old homestuck ao3 stuff, and wondered where chamcubia went. It seems like you're the only person on the internet who has mentioned them by that username. I can't find any other info on them!

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that, if it's true. I know it's been a long time, but I just wanted to reach out and ask how you found that out. I'm just looking for some closure, I guess.

Sorry if this goes out into the internet ether without resolution, also. I saw that your account was active recently, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
I found it at the comments of their last chapter published
https://archiveofourown.org/works/18612 ... s/45307846
also i apologize for even creating this thread idk what me 3 years ago was on i was quite young back then sorry
if you look through the comments you can see that they've most likely passed away. later i also messaged the author on tumblr as well but of course no answer.

Kip
Classpect: Prince of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by Kip » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:05 am

Ahh, man. That's terrible. I had no idea.

I joined the discord that was on the fic to see, and I saw the same information. Seems like someone else who know them personally had an obituary that they posted about in August. Obviously, it wasn't public, but this doesn't seem to be a discordant story by any means.

It's alright, man! Don't be embarrassed by your post. I think it means a lot that you at the very least made a mention of them online.

Legitimately, I hope they rest in peace. Thank you so much for your response on this sparse forum. Been a long time since I've been on here.