general fandom Qs!!!

All words, all the time.
M3D14
Pronouns: she/her
Moon: Prospit

general fandom Qs!!!

Post by M3D14 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:46 pm

hi everyone!

i'm currently doing a research project on the topic of fandoms and i figured the homestuck fandom would be VERY interesting to look at! i haven't been active in the fandom for around 6 years and i'm shocked, but glad, to see that there's still a semi-active community! i'm required to engage in e-discussion for this project so I have a few questions:

1) how did you get into homestuck?
2) how would you describe your experience being in the fandom? ( please share any anecdotes i would LOVE to hear them :chummy: )
3) what do you think (or hope) will happen with homestuck and its fandom in the near or distant future?

thank you sm in advance!! :apple:

aquaticFoxfire
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: general fandom Qs!!!

Post by aquaticFoxfire » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:17 am

I got into the Fandom after my second/complete readthrough back in the summer of 2020. One night I wasn't able to sleep, so I had the most random idea, I wanted to read Homestuck. This was after about three years of not thinking about the comic at all. But hey, I read it, finished it, and enjoyed it.

my experience with the fandom...the actual "HOMESTUCK FANDOM" honestly is kind of a shithole...so I ended up in the MSPFA offshoot. There I met cool people and ended up making a few of my own comics. I even made a bit of a name for myself.

I don't have many hopes for the future, I just want my experiences to be fun. :olliesouty:

read Memes and Memories
What to do now? is another project I've got.
also go read AfterLife

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 am

1. Peer pressure

2. The Homestuck reddit

3.) I want Homestuck to end full-stop, and the fandom to go Mad Max but technicolor.

itsyaboybigBerd
Pronouns: BRUH
Classpect: Bard of Mind
Moon: Prospit

Post by itsyaboybigBerd » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:42 pm

Homestuck was the reason I joined Tumblr back in 2012, didn't contribute much to the fandom outside of reblogging a few posts. Re-read Homestuck last October and joined this forum.

Pretty much I just like the story and the world it's in, what can I say. Some people like Harry Potter, some people like The Bible, etc.

I did a little MSPainting and started a "we play sburb" comic with the forum I was already a part of.

Some of the fan content is really amazing. I still have a bunch of wallpapers I saved back in the day, I've read through a couple MSPFAs, I'm actually working on a synopsis of the story, for no reason in particular.

Surprised there's still as much activity in the community as there is, last time I was on the main discord it was blowing up for real. We saw a lot of YT vids on 4/13 last year, I can only keep my hopes high with April coming up.