Introductions Thread: A Brave New World

All words, all the time.
warmwood

Introductions Thread: A Brave New World

Post by warmwood » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 pm

:professor: In the tradition of this forum’s predecessor, here’s a thread for new users to introduce themselves.

No need for a rigid format, just drop in and tell everyone about yourself and maybe a little bit about your relationship with Homestuck and the fandom.

I’ll start:

I’m warmwood AKA warm AKA LAW. I became a serial Homestuck reader in late 2009 and have lurked in the fandom ever since. I look forward to more actively participating in discourse and content creation as Homestuck 2 is published. :orange:

Sokota
Pronouns: he/they

Re: Introductions Thread: A Brave New World

Post by Sokota » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Hello! I'm Sokota, but you can call me Koko! I'm 17, I reside in the US and I became an Official Bona-fide Homestuck earlier this year! I'm really interested in reading, writing, acting, spoooorts (soccer + american football are my jams!).

KnightOfRage413

Post by KnightOfRage413 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:22 pm

I'm Adrianna/Adrian, and I go by Adri! I became a Homestuck in October 2014, and I can say that precisely because I caught up and then 3 days later, [S] Game Over came out. I've seen and done some Things. I mostly operate in the cosplay part of the community, but extend out to others because its cool seeing what everyone can make.
Homestuck since Oct 2014. I run cosplay meetups! Check out @ addriblack on Insta and Twitter. :pumpkin:

warren

Post by warren » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:25 pm

hullo i am warren! im 17, and ive been a fan of homestuck since 2012.. 7 years ish yeesh (i was definitely let onto the internet too young) i love cosplaying and ive recently taken up drawing more so yay.. i also have a fan adventure in the works :olliesouty: :olliesouty: very nice to meet all of you!
mage of hope :cool3d:

barexamkind

Post by barexamkind » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi! I'm Virgil!

I like to write, read, and voice act!
Sometimes I draw but I am very bad at it.
I became a homestuck in the summer of 2016 when I was going through a bit of a rough patch and joined HStwit this year shortly before 413. My twitter can be found under the same name.

Here's to meeting you all!

:candy:
for more bad takes and atrocious vibes, follow me on twitter!
https://twitter.com/barexamkind

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by classpectanon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:27 pm

i'm classpectanon. i'm 22 years old, and i've never learned how to fucking read.

this whole mess is my fault. :jadesob:

i voice act, write, and generally indulge in creative endeavors.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

Sciencejoe

Post by Sciencejoe » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:30 pm

They call me Sciencejoe (or Joe for short, and no I swear to God I'm not leading you into a particularly recent meme around the time I posted this message). I like to write...things, and though I'm kind of an absolute neanderthal when it comes to the finer details of Homestuck, I love discussing characters and what makes them tick, why they do the things they do, etc. I've got an appreciation for many things, such as science, joes, video games, film, theater of the plain and musical variety, professional wrestling, poetry, and cute android girls. Okay by that last one I mean anime pretty much. I've got a couple of writing projects going on, I'm considering going into voice acting, and Jesus Christ this paragraph is way too long are you even still reading this drivel?

My journey with Homestuck is an odd one. I had many friends into Problem Sleuth, which I read and enjoyed oh-so very much. I was on and off of Homestuck, but eventually dived back in around 2012 when talk of Openbound began to fill my Tumblr dashboard. Since then, my soul has been forever trapped to this hell-comic, but I intend to haunt it until its dying breath, or at least until Hiveswap is finished.
Amateur Writer / Professional Psychologist Of People And Characters / Rogue of Mind

Razzykins

Post by Razzykins » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:31 pm

I'm JC, and I'm here to violently troll this forum with memes and double talk.
Let's have fun!
GAME OVER
Try Again?
- No ->No

-----
Donate to my Patreon! Every dollar helps!

Eromancery

Post by Eromancery » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Hail and well met, traveler!

I'm Ero, I'm 19 and I read Homestuck in 2016, the summer after it ended.

It's been a wild ride since then, having gotten into the ICP first to just see if there was interesting Homestuck Meta (maybe? Results inconclusive) and later because I just unironically like wicked clown rap/rock

I'm on twitter (my main is @Eromancery and my Vast Error shitpost/austin impersonation account is @VE_Dril) and also on discord sometimes.

I also occasionally write things and voice act. I do a lot of things now that I think about it.
What is a juggalo?
A juggalo
That's what it is
Well, fuck, if I know
What is a juggalo?
I don't know
But I'm down with the clown
And I'm down for life, yo

Cole

Post by Cole » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:33 pm

i fucking love big dicks.

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:35 pm

I'm Sahxyel, or as some people know me from Discord 'Grell'. I'm probably older than a lot of people here since I was born in the early 90s.
I started reading Homestuck in 2011 and immediately stopped because I thought it was boring! But then I was convinced to read it again in 2015 and managed to catch up right before Collide launched and I've been hanging around Homestuck spaces ever since.

I still think Problem Sleuth is better overall.

I've drawn Homestuck fanart, love to roleplay, and work on potential MSPFA works with friends! :apple:
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

TC
Classpect: Your Lord of Rage

Post by TC » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:37 pm

I'm TC. Two letters, easy to remember.

I do comics and stuff. I like to draw things. I have a lot of ideas and not enough time to execute them.

I dunno if I'm gonna use these forums much I'm just here cause CPA made them lol. We'll see.
ImageImageImage

rubs juice
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Page of Mind

Post by rubs juice » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:38 pm

I'm Mafa I'm 20 and I'm a baby

I started reading in late 2018 as a holidays project and finished on April 14th 2019 at 1:15 AM
I'm a solid member of the problem sleuth&intermission subfandom, I like to roleplay, I write fanfics of dubious quality with pipin' hot worldbuilding and sometimes i draw fanart of poor quality
Mafa || Page of Mind
Carapacian Rights Advocate || Writer of worldbuilding headcanons
[[visit my AO3 here]]
Check out my fanventure! Click on the banner <3

apocalypseArisen
Pronouns: She/they
Classpect: Seer of Void

Post by apocalypseArisen » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:39 pm

i'm fao

i do homestuck art sometimes. you can find that over here.

i play ffxiv and ragnarok online most days.

my favorite characters are feferi, aradia, and porrim

can't wait to discourse :rorb:

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello!

My name is Consuelo, I am also known as Calamity. I have had an extremely turbulent relationship with Homestuck. I originally read the story at the very beginning, in 2009 after following some links on tvtropes that led me to it. I absolutely adored following the story and making theories over what would happen next, and I still have a few Early Game theories that are close to my heart.

My biggest and most solid contribution to the fandom, in my opinion, is the Homestuck Extra Terrestrial AU, where I just went fucking bananas rewriting the entire narrative from scratch with an emphasis on the Carapaces and the Beta Kids. With the advent of Homestuck2, I am honestly just so fucking pissed at the way the canon narrative is going that I want to get back into the HSETAU and finish it in a more complete way, but then I get all pissy about how the current creative team just fucking pulls so many mean-spirited pranks and condescending shit... I don't wanna get too far into it, but they put me in a trap here and I just want the chess people to have a satisfying heroic narrative goddamnit.

Here are some homestuck related pictures I drew this year.
Unless I Stuck By Ya.png
Unless I Stuck By Ya.png (105.19 KiB) Viewed 60493 times
scratched vinyl.png
scratched vinyl.png (281.57 KiB) Viewed 60493 times
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

burnt2ashleys

Post by burnt2ashleys » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 pm

The name's Ashley Rhodes. Might've seen me under the username "oedon" or some such, I draw some (and write less), though not at the moment.
I started reading Homestuck around April, 2017 (specifically because I found out that it had ended) out of boredom, finished it in about 2 weeks, and spent some 2 years researching and piecing together the history of Homestuck on my own.
As such, my perspective on it is more of an outsider, academically interested in the behind-the-scenes and artistic construction aspects of it all (a doylist approach, I have been informed).
Right now, I'm wandering about (reading fanventures and analyzing some of Homestuck's post-ending content) as I sharpen my skills to make my own stories. 'Til then, I'll stick around for the ride, however it may be.
:olliesouty:

oct2pus

Post by oct2pus » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:24 pm

I'm 🐙🐙, 25 and bi. He/him pronouns.

My biggest contribution to the fandom is JadeBot, the discord bot.

lsclr
Classpect: Seer of Void

Post by lsclr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:03 pm

lsclr (Lscholar at ao3)

I do fic, I guess? I haven't had that homestuck itch in a while

mer_the_freak

Post by mer_the_freak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:38 pm

hi im mer and im doing my best
:mutie:

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:49 pm

I'm Darth and I just want some quality Homestuck content :cool3d:
Last edited by Darth_Energon on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.