Introductions Thread: A Brave New World

All words, all the time.
vi
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Prince of Light
Moon: Derse

Re: Introductions Thread: A Brave New World

Post by vi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:34 pm

hi y'all! you can call me violet, or just vi, i don't mind. i love to draw and i'm currently working on a collab with some other artists. i also like vast error and snowbound blood if anyone's read those. i started homestuck after it ended, but i'm pretty active on discord and instagram- hopefully on here too now. since i wasn't part of the original MSPA Forums, i'm hella excited to be now. i can't wait to get to know the rest of the community :rorb:
fandoms i'm in:
-homestuck (clearly)
-steven universe
-rwby (kinda?)
-danganronpa
message me if you want to talk about any of these, i'm always up for a chat!
i also love debating about topics, so you might find me in a discourse topic. fanart is also one of my specialties (check out my insta at @violet.disassembled). if you're also in the steven universe fandom and like gem ocs, you may have known me by my old username, wulfennite (lost that acc). also, while i'm not extremely good at classpecting, i'm pretty sure Prince(ss) of Light fits me best!
I've also gotten 6 of my friends to read homestuck so :cool3d:
xxxxxxxxxxxx
violetscorpiochaotic
messages are always open!
art insta: violet.dissasembled
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Radical Dude 42

Post by Radical Dude 42 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Howdy, I'm Radical Dude 42. Some people call me Chase, though, because that's my name. I *WISH* I was an MSPA reader from the start, but I only really ever started reading Homestuck and the rest after it finished! Or at least after it finished for the first time, before the epilogues and stuff. I've always been super intrigued by the earlier stuff from MSPA (and I've always wished dearly to have participated in the original MSPA forums), so I am incredibly happy to be here.

Brandibee
Classpect: Mage of Breath

Post by Brandibee » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:52 am

I'm Brandi, and I've been here for a very long time. I started reading Homestuck sometime in 2009, caught up in 2010. I posted on the MSPAforums under the username "Eleni".

At the time of joining, I had just made a new friend named Tay, who wrote a relatively popular fanadventure called New Kid. I mention this because well, if any of you remember her and ostensibly me, the best friend that kept "stealing her away from making updates", we're uh, probably going to get married? So there's that!

Also, if anyone here remembers (because I'm hoping to reconnect with some people I've lost contact with), she and I were both part of Trollslum: OMEGA CHAIN. My fantroll was KAZIAH BOKZEE, and hers was ALTAEA KANKRO. I wrote fanfiction, but unfortunately it's all gone now. I cosplayed all around North Carolina from 2010-2012 and was at the inception of Carolinastuck. I once posted a picture of myself in a face reveal thread and there was this stupid porcelain clown doll I'd had since I was a child that freaked everyone out ala Lil Cal. If you recognize any of this, hmu!!

I started this journey as a 14 year old, and now I'm going on 26. Being back in these forums brings back so many emotions. I hope I can recapture some of that magic again, if only a little bit.

(Shit that was sappy.)

Oddhi
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Rogue of Mind

Post by Oddhi » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Here we go.

It's me, ya boi, Oddhi.

I read Homestuck. That's all there really is to say on the matter.

Rob
Classpect: Thief of Mind

Post by Rob » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Hello, I'm Rob. I started reading MSPA at Problem Sleuth, though I never interacted much with the community due to being a perennial lurker. By day I work on machine learning on embedded devices and at night I try to create artificial life. The Epilogues inspired me to write science fiction and I plan on creating a forum adventure of some type using machine learning. I think forums are the best medium for focused community creation and look forward to posting with you lot.
dumpas

SinkingSailor

Post by SinkingSailor » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:19 am

i couldn't find the introductions thread when i joined but here we go

hi
im a person who likes homestuck, its pretty dang cool
oh uuuh also im pretty chill usually
not very good with people though
pleased to make your acquaintance
DONT YOU LECTURE ME WITH YOUR 30 DOLLAR HAIRCUT :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal: :cal:

Kidpen
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:29 am

Hello! I may regret joining this, but whatever here we go.
I'm Kidpen, or Kid if you prefer, or even Pen if you wanna go really out there. I was almost done with HS just as the epilogues came out, so HS^2 is my first experience with reading it serially. I'm not that much in the fandom, not at all really, but I have been working on a small fan adventure that may or may not be a thing that happens. By which I mean it almost definitely won't because I can't art and don't trust myself to stay committed long enough for someone to work with me on it.
Beyond that, I'm very much an RPer, which is kind of what drew me here.
The only other actual fandom I'm a part of is the fandom of a fantasy author named Brandon Sanderson, who you should read if you like high fantasy novels. I also like Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and various other things that I'm forgetting at this exact moment.
Oh also I sometimes kinda suck, and I'm 93% sure I'm going to come back to this post somewhere between a month and a year from now and think about how incredibly immature and stupid and bad at writing I was back then, by which I mean now.
the epilogues were good.

Sugar
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Witch of Hope
Moon: Prospit

Post by Sugar » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:55 am

Hi! I'm Sugar! 23, They/Them.

I joined the fandom back in uhhhh February-ish of 2011? I spent a lot of time in the Skype-centric RP crowd, but mostly stuck with my friends. I used to go by Sugarhigh, or sucroseEuphoria. These days, I yell on Twitter at @FuckingSodium, and plan projects I'll never start on.

I'm passionate about keeping the fandom a safe and constructive place, instead of a discourse hellhole, and I hope that we can learn from our mistakes and pass our knowledge on to the younger fandom.

I really enjoy fantasy, science fiction, cyberpunk, and speculative fiction. I'm currently working on some worldbuilding for a futuristic/semi-cyberpunk MSPA fan-adventure.

Also I'm a fool idiot, and the only reason I don't wear clown makeup 24/7 is because I'm allergic to it.

I'm glad to be back. Now watch, as I turn around and forget to ever post again!
The author is dead, and canon is meaningless. Gift yourself a Toblerone.

Raven
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Post by Raven » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:00 am

Hello everyone ^^ I'm Raven !

As it turns out, I got introduced to Homestuck very late in it's development, and as a result I was actually able to read it in one go, bypassing the soul-crushing suffering induced by the various pauses. Sadly it also means that I was a tad too late to really interact in any way with the community.

Interaction was made even harder by the fact that I come from a non english speaking country. While it may not seem like much, the relatively poor quality of the translated versions*, and the convoluted language used in the comic (to explain concepts that are already complex enough) was too much of a deal breaker for many of my friends.

I consider this my glorious redemption arc.

---

* no shade thrown the way of the translators, they really did their best. Most of the jokes are simply impossible to translate.

lavendersiren
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light

Post by lavendersiren » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:29 am

FINALLY, I'M HOME.

oh, hi. I'm lavendersiren, previously shinyjiggly but I got too many horny solicitations over pesterchum with that name so I remixed it something less suggestive and more jigglypuff-y.
I used to be on the old mspa forums but it died and I sorta had to look around tumblr for any semblance of fandom interaction, mostly just staying within my sbargv2 circle.

Oh yeah, did I mention I was a staff member for sbargv2? That was a thing. I still write for my characters, but hardly anyone reads my work, partially because of how much its built up upon itself and how obscurely tucked away all the pieces of everything are for it. (also aforementioned circle fell apart due to schedule conflicts, general getting tired of writing for the same stuff, and drama)

Anyways, they/them pronouns, 27 years old, caregiver at a small old folk's home, addicted to rpg maker, been a fan of homestuck since 2011, read everything online available, pinned as likely a space player but honestly who knows.
I'm mainly interested in the mechanics of sburb and the deeper philosophical applications and implications of its operations. For this reason, I'm really interested in the directions that homestuck^2 is taking so far.
I'm hoping I can meet some new friends while I'm here!
Image Image

sodium
Classpect: Heir of Breath

Post by sodium » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:53 am

its actually insane to be back on a classic bulliten-board-code forum in 2019, you have no idea how much nostalgia im getting seeing all the wacky signatures and all that jazz :amazed3d:
Im John/Sodium. I havent really been invested in homestuck as of late(havent read the epilogues onward), I just kinda fell out of it. On the flip side, the fanventure scene is just ripe with potential, so ive been scouring mspfa for a long time(but only made an account recently). Feel free to hmu on discord or pesterchum with your FAs. Looking forward to reliving the magic of mid-2000s forum culture.... :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty:

syrupsand
Pronouns: any
Classpect: confusing af no idea

Post by syrupsand » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:21 am

Hi, im syrupsand(lowercase) i began homestuck this year, tried a few times couldnt keep up cuz act 1 and 2 is kinda boring. Later on i saw some flashes like wake, collide and stuff and decided to continue it cuz it seemed cool. After reading a lot(and skipping a lot lol) i finished it but since i skipped a lot i didnt really get it and tried it all over again and enjoyed it soooooooo much that i just want more of it all the time.
Btw even tho i watched all those spoilers since i didnt understand whats going on it really wasnt much of a spoiler)

chromaticThespian

Post by chromaticThespian » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:56 am

yo, i'm chromaticThespian (and QuirkyTurtle on a lot of other platforms) and i uh. read homestuck i guess. i also yell fuckass into a microphone, occasionally.

irishTunes0701
Classpect: Knight of Life

Post by irishTunes0701 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:34 pm

Hey wassup I'm IrishTunes/IrishGod/somenamewithirishinit but you can just call me Irish. I'm just your average teen yknow. I got introduced to Homestuck about 3 months ago by a friend and finished it last month. My favorite characters are Dave and Gamzee probably. I'm hoping to go to college for a master's degree in tech. Anyways that's all for me.
remember kids.
dead daves are the enemy. :cool:

Shadowy_Captain
Pronouns: He/him
Classpect: Seer of Hope

Post by Shadowy_Captain » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:28 am

Sup, name's ShadowyCaptain AKA meme uncle. I got into homestuck about three years ago, coincidentally some weeks after it ended. I was a dumb kid at the first time i read it, so i didn't understood anything about the plot at all. But now i'm giving it a second read and im understanding SOME things.I like to play tabletop RPGs with my friends, and i also like to be ironic sometimes.
I'm usually a lurker when it comes to forums and stuff like that, so don't expect me to contribute to a thread or start any.
sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes, English isn't my first language.
:olliesouty:
Brug momentum :olliesouty:
Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes

Alt-Universe Wash
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Sylph of Space

Post by Alt-Universe Wash » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Hey-o, y'all - my name's Jonaya. I'm 36 and live down in Texas in the US-of-A. She/her pronouns, employed as a software developer in one of the most boring industries on any version of Earth (insurance).

I got into Homestuck very recently (2019) but my dorktacular nerd resume includes gaming, making TTRPG nonsense, drawing fan art, making a fairly major Doom mod 11 years ago, doing SCA (renaissance/medieval stuff), and designing/building crossbows.
Last edited by Alt-Universe Wash on Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Director/lead writer: Friendsim 2
Co-director: Stuck at Home Con
Founding member: Studio June

Twitter | Tumblr

snarfgargle

Post by snarfgargle » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:15 pm

call me snarf. i've been reading homestuck since 2010. i'm here mostly to rp and i like too many things to list here so i won't

:cal:

SC
Pronouns: he/him

Post by SC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:05 pm

hhhhhhhhhhhi my name is Spriteclad, and I exist.

I started reading Homestuck way way waaaaaay back in 2009, when Act 3 was just starting up. My first page was [S] Jade: Play a haunting flute refrain, for those of you who were wondering. I've been in the fandom close to the very beginning, and I'm not sure how to feel about that. I was 14 then, and I'm 24 now, so uh. @_@

Either way, I was still incredibly bummed when the MSPA Forums were taken down with no sign of reopening. I have been on the forums since 2010 and I've ran into so many cool projects and funny topics and meta discussion that went completely over my head. I'm still fairly salty about the whole situation, but when the hard drives become corrupted, what can you do?

I've only read HS once, but I plan to reread it one of these days (ADHD makes it hard, sadly). I like HS^2 so far and hated the epilogues so much that I couldn't finish reading them. Don't @ me. I also like Petscop a whole bunch. Please go watch it. Aaaand I also have a website that I worked a bunch on. It has links to other cool internet sites and games, so go check it out on your own time.

I hope everyone will feel at home here, and I hope this forum eventually becomes as active as the old one! Here's to a new era of Homestuck!! :orange:
Check out my Homestuck fanpage!
(fanventures, fanfiction, and wikis, oh my!)

:distraught3d: website | mastodon :kitty:

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:18 pm

Eeeey another early adopter! I showed up to Homestuck first time around [S] Rose: Ride/Fast Forward to Now with the flashes of Rose remembering the funeral for Jaspers and her riding the pony with a scarf on and adorable pictures of John being a cowboy and Rose hugging Maplehoof.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

SC
Pronouns: he/him

Post by SC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:08 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:18 pm
Eeeey another early adopter! I showed up to Homestuck first time around [S] Rose: Ride/Fast Forward to Now with the flashes of Rose remembering the funeral for Jaspers and her riding the pony with a scarf on and adorable pictures of John being a cowboy and Rose hugging Maplehoof.
Y8AH!!!!!!!! I actually was enough of a dork to archive the page I first found out about Homestuck on, which was on a now-defunct Digg/Reddit clone. Glad I saved that one.
Check out my Homestuck fanpage!
(fanventures, fanfiction, and wikis, oh my!)

:distraught3d: website | mastodon :kitty: