just joining

All words, all the time.
datedink
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Prince of Time
Moon: Prospit

just joining

Post by datedink » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:12 am

dam, just joining the homestuck community sucks, because as active as it is, its no longer in its glory days (sharpie bath days :distraught: :jadesob:)
then theres the whole google shutting down flash, i wont be able to read it like this again (is any other browser keeping flash?)

vellinothewitch

Re: just joining

Post by vellinothewitch » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:35 am

Yeah the homestuck Fandom is in a sad state right now... hiveswap killed homestuck, friendsim killed hiveswap, and so on and so forth. It's incredible how badly this IP has been run into the ground.

toast444
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: knight of mind

Post by toast444 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:43 am

it's sad that i joined the homestuck fandom so late :(
and the fact that flash is shutting down is really disappointing
:/

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Since flash is ending soon this but of info will definitely interest some (and is great for new readers) there now exists a collection of Homestuck content with flash and HTML built into it's code, therefore this program will never become obsolete for reading Homestuck in the way it was meant to, as a bonus it includes a "new reader mode" that hides official content that contains spoilers for homestuck from you until you've gone past that point in the story.

Get Bambosh's Unofficial Homestuck collection here: bambosh.github.io/unofficial-homestuck-collection
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

IamtheFather
Pronouns: GOD

Post by IamtheFather » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:19 pm

I agree with FF.

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:32 am

that collection is so poggers I'm glad we finally have a way to put Homestuck in a USB stick and ship it to the universe for all alien life lucky to find it to experience Homestuck just like us

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

suicidebystar
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: knight of heart

Post by suicidebystar » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:52 pm

it really does. i joined in late 2020, just before flash ended, and i'm so happy i got to experience it before it went down. think of the new generation having to read it without flash. sucks, huh?

AKpen
Pronouns: they/them/she/him
Classpect: Page of Heart
Moon: Derse

Post by AKpen » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:56 pm

I read it in 2019 all the way through in a few months and I was in some small discord communities but now I feel like I just don't know how to talk to people. Any advice on how to keep a convo going like the kids or trolls can in the comics lol. I still feel like I'm just joining the community lol. I barely talk to anyone in it.

itsyaboybigBerd
Pronouns: BRUH
Classpect: Bard of Mind

Post by itsyaboybigBerd » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:16 am

Is anyone working on turning Homestuck into an .exe? That would be nice, being able to download the story and read/view in its own app. Or a series of .iso that could be later sold as hard copies. I know CDs are also going out of style, but I would love to own a homestuck compact disc with a label that says "THERE IS NO DISC THREE YOU ASSHOLE". I don't know much about computing but I feel like this would be the best way to read the story. But that's just my two bits regarding the death of Flash and its relation to HS.

It feels weird just joining now, I'm in the same boat. It's like walking into a ghost town you had heard about and coulda visited during its flourishing days. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have fit in anyway xD

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by classpectanon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:20 am

i believe that's already a thing, someone packing homestuck up into an entire executable, i'll see if i can find it for you
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

Gio
Pronouns: its him

Post by Gio » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:17 pm

itsyaboybigBerd wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:16 am
Is anyone working on turning Homestuck into an .exe? That would be nice, being able to download the story and read/view in its own app. Or a series of .iso that could be later sold as hard copies. I know CDs are also going out of style, but I would love to own a homestuck compact disc with a label that says "THERE IS NO DISC THREE YOU ASSHOLE". I don't know much about computing but I feel like this would be the best way to read the story. But that's just my two bits regarding the death of Flash and its relation to HS.

It feels weird just joining now, I'm in the same boat. It's like walking into a ghost town you had heard about and coulda visited during its flourishing days. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have fit in anyway xD
Yes, it's this:
foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:07 pm
Since flash is ending soon this but of info will definitely interest some (and is great for new readers) there now exists a collection of Homestuck content with flash and HTML built into it's code, therefore this program will never become obsolete for reading Homestuck in the way it was meant to, as a bonus it includes a "new reader mode" that hides official content that contains spoilers for homestuck from you until you've gone past that point in the story.

Get Bambosh's Unofficial Homestuck collection here: bambosh.github.io/unofficial-homestuck-collection
I'm making Pesterquest Modsuite! Write your own pq/friendsim routes!
Keep circulating the tapes.
you're
:⁾
welcome