Homsetuck^2 hiatus extended to July

Discuss post-canon works such as the Homestuck Epilogues, Pesterquest, or Homestuck 2 here!

Moderators: calamityCons, RoseBot

thorondraco

Homsetuck^2 hiatus extended to July

Post by thorondraco » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:18 pm

It seems like a series of nonsense is keeping them from getting back on track with homestuck 2 for the foreseeable. I am guessing Kate stepping out might be one of them too. So they likely have a lot of restructuring to do.

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: Homsetuck^2 hiatus extended to July

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 pm

On one hand this is disappointing, but on the other hand if (good) changes are being made, then I guess I'll be willing to see how they drag this from dumpsterfire to less of that.

Also, where are you getting the idea that Kate might be stepping out, I haven't heard anything about it. (Outside of the requests from numerous people for her to be fired or dropped?)
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

luigi
Pronouns: ya!/wa!/wa-hoo!
Classpect: Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:24 pm

harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 pm
On one hand this is disappointing, but on the other hand if (good) changes are being made, then I guess I'll be willing to see how they drag this from dumpsterfire to less of that.

Also, where are you getting the idea that Kate might be stepping out, I haven't heard anything about it. (Outside of the requests from numerous people for her to be fired or dropped?)
She said so on Twitter than deleted her account
tumut

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:08 pm

harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Actually made a post about that yesterday. She's gone from homestuck.

And this might be why they are going on a longer hiatus
https://homestuck2.com/credits
Credits updated. Kate is gone from the project and Hussie is on the art team rather than in the writing and directing seat. To be fair he isn't supposed to be doing a bunch fo writing, simply be an observer. But they have over twice the amount of artists than they have writers now.