Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Discuss post-canon works such as the Homestuck Epilogues, Pesterquest, or Homestuck 2 here!

Moderators: calamityCons, RoseBot

thorondraco
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by thorondraco » Tue May 19, 2020 7:43 pm

https://www.homestuck2.com/story/236
Image
Its finally outs!

Spoiler filled thoughts from here.


Thought it was decent, even though we A, didn't get any major developments and B, didn't even get to hear Yiffy talk.
Yiffy's design i quite like. The outfit is boring but its obviously because she was in school when she was abducted. But its damn clear that Yiffy has not taken to being the dirty little secret Rose nad Jade well at all. Tomboyish posture, short hair, boyish cloths, rejecting anything feminine. You can tell a lot of what they are going for very briefly here.
Also the fact she has black ears and tail as well. Even though she says literally nothing. Hopefully that is remedied next update. Kinda wish there was more going on here but it is what it is.
I do like the implication that Kanaya is really, really concealing her fury here. Likely because she isn't gonna let rose or jade have it when their daughter is in danger... Also seems toshow that Harry Anderson is good at reading people... Also it seems like Dave's body was being viewed by everyone at the end there, though weird that it was all text. But while we all know what we know, the character have no fuckin clue what happened.. and i think they are gonna blame Jane.
Last edited by thorondraco on Tue May 19, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shitpost Lizard
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:43 am
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope
Moon: Derse

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Tue May 19, 2020 7:53 pm

I still think Yiffany's name is fucking stupid, but the girl has good taste in clothes.

At least we're getting something resembling Kanaya being justifiably upset with Rose and Jade, even if we don't get to SEE it like we should be able to.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
Image
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff: Twitter | Insta | Tumblr]

thorondraco
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by thorondraco » Tue May 19, 2020 8:01 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:53 pm
I still think Yiffany's name is fucking stupid, but the girl has good taste in clothes.

At least we're getting something resembling Kanaya being justifiably upset with Rose and Jade, even if we don't get to SEE it like we should be able to.
I think she is saving that until Yiffy is safe. Like yea they pulled this shit, but their daughter is in danger and Kanaya isn't going to torture them by screaming at them during all of this. Too much is going on.

You can tell a lot about yiffany there. She went to a girl school but is wearing boy cloths, she is clearly extremely hostile and aggressive, and from the sounds of it she was an outright terror at school. Implies she hasn't taken being asecret well.

Also this incarnation of jane is officially THE worse grandma of any incarnation of jane. She is anti Nana.

User avatar
Shitpost Lizard
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:43 am
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope
Moon: Derse

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Tue May 19, 2020 8:07 pm

Jane wears business suits, herself. Maybe she doesn't give a shit about whether or not Yiffany wears boy or girl clothes, as long as she's wearing something resembling dress clothes.

And I don't mean Kanye reacting loudly so much as just, actually showing the situation Harry was talking about, in panel form.
You can do a lot with body language and subtlety, and I feel like it creates more of an emotional impact (for me anyway) than just telling us "yeah she's pissed and hurt."

Show don't tell. Blah blah blah.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
Image
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff: Twitter | Insta | Tumblr]

[Jeans1826]
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:34 pm
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by [Jeans1826] » Tue May 19, 2020 8:18 pm

I liked this update a lot!!! I've been a fan of HS^2 about the entire way through, but there's a lot in it I'm really excited for. I think that this was mainly a setup update, and even if that's not very fun in the short term, I'm hoping it'll pay off reasonably soon.

User avatar
overThinker
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:52 am
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Page of Light
Moon: Derse
Contact:

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by overThinker » Tue May 19, 2020 8:21 pm

yiffy's first depicted action - one of anger - concurs with my prediction of her as a rage player. i'm excited to get to know her because upon first glance she seems like such a strong contrast from both jade and rose, and from that i'm sure they have an interesting dynamic. so far she's obviously been strongly associated with restriction and strict suppression: as a secret child; as a shackled hostage; as a student of a uniformed, single sex, and therefore presumably strict school; and more metaphorically, as a prisoner of the isolated bubble of the candy timeline, bereft of access to the story's "villain," who demonstrably fears her. with this many instances, i find it difficult to dismiss this motif as coincidence.

either way i'm looking forward to her continued presence and fuck this update should be longer!!!!!! lol
Image

User avatar
overThinker
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:52 am
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Page of Light
Moon: Derse
Contact:

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by overThinker » Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 pm

[Jeans1826] wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:18 pm
I liked this update a lot!!! I've been a fan of HS^2 about the entire way through, but there's a lot in it I'm really excited for. I think that this was mainly a setup update, and even if that's not very fun in the short term, I'm hoping it'll pay off reasonably soon.
totally. the previous few updates were released in a relatively short burst, and after a comparatively long pause before this one, i'm willing to guess that they'll release more in the coming weeks.
Image

[Jeans1826]
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:34 pm
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by [Jeans1826] » Tue May 19, 2020 8:29 pm

Yeah, definitely!!! Like... Looking at all of HS^2 (and the epilogues), we've got a Lot of threads hanging loose at the moment, and there aren't really any I'm disinterested in?

User avatar
ThePungeonMaster
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:15 am
Location: England, but newer
Classpect: Prince of Breath
Moon: Derse
Contact:

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Tue May 19, 2020 9:26 pm

Worse than the last update, IMO. At least that one gave people something to talk about even if it was purely garbage. This one is just kinda... bland. Jane is one of the least interesting villains I've seen in any media property period. When that warning said child abuse I expected something more than a fucking shock collar. Yeah, sure, it's brutal and despicable, but with all the dog theming Yiffy has, the second I saw some red button appear on Jane's desk, I could tell you it was going to be a shock collar. Doing something that predictable doesn't make you threatening as a villain. Heck, I think making her more relatable would make her more threatening. Someone we've gotten to know over the course of Homestuck acting in a way that still fits them, but in a way that's twisted and psychotic. Even if Jane bent Yiffy over her knee and spanked her ass with a wooden spoon till her ass was raw and bleeding, (as Freudian a punishment as it is), it'd make her more damn menacing than just using a shock collar would, and it'd be thematically a better fit for Jane.
Anyway, disregarding punishments with potential sexual connotation, this update didn't bring much to the table. We got to see Yiffy and got a bit of interaction between the new kids. We didn't even get to see Yiffy fuckin' talk once, which makes me think that she's just incapable of human speech, but whatever, Whoopee.
Actually, getting away from the salt, not everything I have to say is negative. The art for this update has been the best so far, whoever drew it really knocked it outta the damn park, and that bit when the website went black after Yiffy was knocked unconscious was pretty cool. And it was nice to see some of the problems some people had with the other update addressed, so, whatever. At best, mediocre, Jake's ass was by far the best part.
John X Vriska is the best ship.

thorondraco
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by thorondraco » Tue May 19, 2020 9:33 pm

overThinker wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:21 pm
yiffy's first depicted action - one of anger - concurs with my prediction of her as a rage player. i'm excited to get to know her because upon first glance she seems like such a strong contrast from both jade and rose, and from that i'm sure they have an interesting dynamic. so far she's obviously been strongly associated with restriction and strict suppression: as a secret child; as a shackled hostage; as a student of a uniformed, single sex, and therefore presumably strict school; and more metaphorically, as a prisoner of the isolated bubble of the candy timeline, bereft of access to the story's "villain," who demonstrably fears her. with this many instances, i find it difficult to dismiss this motif as coincidence.

either way i'm looking forward to her continued presence and fuck this update should be longer!!!!!! lol
Here is a weird thought. So far Yiffy hasn't sad a damn word. But what if that is because she Can't say adamn word? As in she is incapable of speech cause the mutant dog girl genes made it that her vocal chord's aren't right? Even when she was being shocked she jsut oo and aa and screamed and such, rather than say anything or even cuss.
Without a phone she has no means of talking to anyone normally. Though i imagine her parents and jane could understand her cause of the god tier badges.

User avatar
syrupsand
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:49 am
Location: In my room being useless
Pronouns: Dumb/stupid
Classpect: UAGH FUCK I HAVE NO IDEA
Moon: Derse

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by syrupsand » Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Im very curious to see Dave since Vrissy called him an "old loser".
Wondering how did they do my bro :(
Why the frick can i not classpect myself 100%

User avatar
VASKA
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:35 pm
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by VASKA » Tue May 19, 2020 10:00 pm

syrupsand wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 pm
Im very curious to see Dave since Vrissy called him an "old loser".
Wondering how did they do my bro :(
Dave is "dead" in this timeline. Candy Dave is now Davebot and is following calliope into the meat timeline.

That aside, loving Yiffy. If you swapped the shorts for slacks she could be a gerard way fanart. I'm getting strong "feral" vibes from her, too. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesnt, or only rarely, talks.
Only cuties survive the near future

thorondraco
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by thorondraco » Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 pm

VASKA wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:00 pm
syrupsand wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 pm
Im very curious to see Dave since Vrissy called him an "old loser".
Wondering how did they do my bro :(
Dave is "dead" in this timeline. Candy Dave is now Davebot and is following calliope into the meat timeline.

That aside, loving Yiffy. If you swapped the shorts for slacks she could be a gerard way fanart. I'm getting strong "feral" vibes from her, too. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesnt, or only rarely, talks.
From Jane's statements, she is a wild child. Considering the private school was a girl school apparrently, her wearing boy clothing shows a rebellious and anti authority side.
Tomboy to the extreme...

I also think that maybe she can't talk at all. not out of choice but because she can't. Like her vocal chords are more like a dog's vocal cords.
From her behavior it is really implying that she wasn't exactly hunky dory about being her parents' secret.

User avatar
syrupsand
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:49 am
Location: In my room being useless
Pronouns: Dumb/stupid
Classpect: UAGH FUCK I HAVE NO IDEA
Moon: Derse

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by syrupsand » Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 pm

VASKA wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:00 pm
syrupsand wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 pm
Im very curious to see Dave since Vrissy called him an "old loser".
Wondering how did they do my bro :(
Dave is "dead" in this timeline. Candy Dave is now Davebot and is following calliope into the meat timeline.

That aside, loving Yiffy. If you swapped the shorts for slacks she could be a gerard way fanart. I'm getting strong "feral" vibes from her, too. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesnt, or only rarely, talks.
Oopsie sorri the epilouges were very veird so i didnt get jack shit
Why the frick can i not classpect myself 100%

User avatar
harmoniousCalamity
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 pm
Location: Drifting in the Dream Bubbles
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 pm

Honestly the fact that Jade isn't on a total war path to maul Jane over kidnapping her child is what's ruining this aspect for me. Like you really can't convince me that Jade wouldn't go all out and destroy everything in her path to get her child back, being a secret child or not.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

User avatar
overThinker
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:52 am
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Page of Light
Moon: Derse
Contact:

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by overThinker » Tue May 19, 2020 10:39 pm

harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 pm
Honestly the fact that Jade isn't on a total war path to maul Jane over kidnapping her child is what's ruining this aspect for me. Like you really can't convince me that Jade wouldn't go all out and destroy everything in her path to get her child back, being a secret child or not.
good point. i assume that will happen soon, though, because they think that jane had dave killed, and that paired with yiffy's abduction it should totally be enough to make her snap. if she doesn't then it'll be weird.
Last edited by overThinker on Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
harmoniousCalamity
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 pm
Location: Drifting in the Dream Bubbles
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Tue May 19, 2020 10:42 pm

overThinker wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:39 pm
harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 pm
Honestly the fact that Jade isn't on a total war path to maul Jane over kidnapping her child is what's ruining this aspect for me. Like you really can't convince me that Jade wouldn't go all out and destroy everything in her path to get her child back, being a secret child or not.
good point. i assume that will happen soon, though, because they think that jane had dave killed, and that paired with yiffy's abduction should totally be enough to make her snap. if she doesn't then it'll be weird.
I want to see her go berserk, it's what she deserves.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

thorondraco
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by thorondraco » Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am

overThinker wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:39 pm
harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 pm
Honestly the fact that Jade isn't on a total war path to maul Jane over kidnapping her child is what's ruining this aspect for me. Like you really can't convince me that Jade wouldn't go all out and destroy everything in her path to get her child back, being a secret child or not.
good point. i assume that will happen soon, though, because they think that jane had dave killed, and that paired with yiffy's abduction should totally be enough to make her snap. if she doesn't then it'll be weird.
think that is mostly because A, dave is dead as well, and B, she is afraid that jane would harm her before she got there. She is without her first guardian powers. If she sitll had them it would ahve been trivial. She is probs feeling a lot of guilt.

User avatar
Generalrabogolfo
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:08 pm
Location: Caliborn's Tummy
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed May 20, 2020 3:08 am

nice update whatpumpkin! very cool! :chummy:
:rosecool:

ZingDev
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:55 am
Pronouns: Male

Re: Cahtper 9, how goes the eulogizing

Post by ZingDev » Wed May 20, 2020 11:45 am

harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:42 pm
overThinker wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:39 pm
harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 pm
Honestly the fact that Jade isn't on a total war path to maul Jane over kidnapping her child is what's ruining this aspect for me. Like you really can't convince me that Jade wouldn't go all out and destroy everything in her path to get her child back, being a secret child or not.
good point. i assume that will happen soon, though, because they think that jane had dave killed, and that paired with yiffy's abduction should totally be enough to make her snap. if she doesn't then it'll be weird.
I want to see her go berserk, it's what she deserves.
the problem is that jade, and this is the writing we are given here, is a bad mother. she wanted a child, then didn't even raise her at all, sending her to a boarding school for all of her life(implied, no one knew what age was Yiffy sent to boarding school, most likely at the youngest age possible) then years later join a battle against the person who helped keep her child a secret.

Jade doesn't deserve to be mad, she willingly gave her child away to the enemy to keep her a secret, and Jane did the move obvious thing and use her knowledge of yiffy to her advantage. this update is really making Jade to be really shitty.

Post Reply