Gene's Garden

All your old-school Forum RP related dreams can be achieved in here.

Moderator: Dream Muttman

Post Reply
User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Gene's Garden

Post by lavendersiren » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:56 am

Welcome to Gene's Garden! This fine establishment is a bar located on starter planet in the session-created universe of Gene.
Image
Rules:
-keep it clean (that means no NSFW!)
-don't be a jerk
-don't control the fates of other people's characters. don't decide absolute effects of an interaction without feedback from the second party. If you want to do something impactful that may change something major to the other character, please ask while out of character first.
-don't wreck the bar and don't piss off Lavender.

Map:
Image

Anyone can show up here, provided they have a method to arrive here.

Possible methods:
-from space (largely accidental, as starter planet is omitted from most star maps in the gene universe)
-from a wrong turn in a dreambubble (basement is connected to its sibling location in the "underworld" bubble)
-from a chance appearance via hacked transportalizer (there is a device which intercepts transportalizer transportation at complete random and sets the destination to the bar's transportalizer. it then prints out the coordinates/codes needed to connect to the previous destination again)

Features:
-a fireplace! with actual fire! (be careful if you are flammable)
-a food replicator!
--This device can replicate nearly any item in its database as long as it has enough matter stored in it. It can also make small items from captchalogue codes (up to the size of a toaster oven), but dense items tend to deplete the matter reserves faster.
This device can be refueled by stuffing objects into the recyclificator attached to it, up to the size of a large dinner plate.

Fun fact: this device is here because for some weird-ass reason, the players who won the session that made this universe had their alchemy privileges revoked (rumor has it that a consort-turned player tried to alchemize a cairo overcoat a long time ago...)

-a bartender/cook! (Lavender, Mage of Light, they/them pronouns)
--The adult child of a bartender, they seem to have fallen ass-backwards into this familiar role. They do not like alcohol so they will probably try to get you something nonalcoholic first. They much prefer cooking things instead and mostly only sits behind the bar for the sake of watching the crowd and making sure things don't get too rowdy. Ask them questions and they'll likely give you an answer.
Be prepared for infodumps, they are a light player, after all.
Thier services are free of charge, as long as you follow the rules of the establishment.

-tables and chairs
--Fairly standard and surprisingly sturdy. Made of laquered wood. chairs should be able to handle quite a bit of weight. The tables, not so much, on account of being the single-leg circle-type tables. Please do not use the tables or chairs as weapons or attempt to damage them.
Unfortunately, there is no booth seating.

-a karaoke machine
--nothing particularly special about this thing. It's loaded mostly with pop songs from the 80's and 90's. Everyone will hear how crappy you sing with its built-in microphone and speaker setup.

-a portal to the underworld from the basement stairs
--for some reason, walking down the stairs here will send you to a dreambubble known as "the underworld bubble". Upon entering, you will find yourself in an entirely different bar known as Starter's End. If you are still alive, please do not eat or drink anything here! You will be unable to return to the land of the living!! You might meet some cool ghosts while down here tho.

-an upstairs room
--a grand total of one extra bedroom. Usually reserved for emergency situations. If you just need a place to crash, pick a spot on the floor on the main level and you can get a sleeping bag or something.

-a transportalizer with a chaotic sabotagenator installed!
--This transportalizer can take you wherever you need to go, provided you have the coordinates. Otherwise it just takes you to the last valid location it was set to. If it's been a while, this resets to somewhere 10 feet away.
--The attached chaotic sabotagenator is the crown jewel of this setup. At various times, it may intercept the transportalization of a completely random person and instead send them here to the bar. It also prints out a receipt of the starting point and expected destination so that they can just use that to continue on their way. current location coordinates are also displayed.

-a front door!
--This leads out to the front yard, Which surprisingly, does have an actual garden out front!
It usually has colorful flowers of unknown type planted here.
--Beyond the bar, there is a village filled with elves from the planet jingloria. They were displaced after The Reckoning hit their homeworld so now they live here instead, thanks to the rescue efforts of the players of the previous session. They mostly speak Glorian, though if you have a way to display text in comic sans, they can understand that, for some unknown reason.
The foliage is mostly pink and purple, including all native trees and grasses. It usually stays that way all throughout the year. There is a large amount of cherry trees which dump cherry blossoms in the spring, which are not native to the area.
Image

MP the OP OG
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:24 pm
Pronouns: She/Her/they/them
Classpect: Page of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by MP the OP OG » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:54 am

A young man appears on the transportalizer. Today is not his birthday or really any day of sagnifigits for this young man. What is his name?
>Ben
This young man's name is Ben. Now that we got that out of the way we can take note of this young man's apperance. He is a young blonde man, but he appears to have many cybernetic enhancements, like a red robotic right eye. Metal plateing on his body and a completely cybernetic right arm. So we get this young man has many cybernetic enhancements, but what about his clothing? Well he is wearing a black tee shirt with green stripes going down from the elbows and Jean shorts. The only other notable feature of his figure is the watch on his right arm. Some people might recognize the watch as the Omnitrix. But it has tubes going from his right arm into the watch and it has some sort of clear tubes vials filled with a glowing blue liquid comeing out of the side.
>Ben: make a JoJo refrance: Yara yar daze, I guess the transportalizer glitched. I wonder where I am?
>Ben: Try to find someone in this place: You think that is a great idea. You walk out into what looks like the main area, it appears to be some sort of bar. But it appears that their is only one employee.
>Ben: attempt to find out where you are: Hello. Can you tell me where I am? I think my transportalizer broke and I ended up here.
:cal: THE ONE TROLL TO RULE THEM ALL :cal:

User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by lavendersiren » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:34 am

You find Lavender asleep at the bar. They quickly wake up from the loud noises however.

"Huhwhat?" Lavender looks around in a momentary daze. They finally notice the cybernetic visitor and put their glasses back on.

"Oh hello there! Welcome to Gene's Garden! Would you like anything to eat or drink? A wall plug-in if you need it? Everything's free of charge so don't worry."

Judging from their chipper nonchalant demeanor, this likely isn't the first time they've seen a cyborg before.
Image

MP the OP OG
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:24 pm
Pronouns: She/Her/they/them
Classpect: Page of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by MP the OP OG » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:30 am

Uh, Maby? What do you have?
He walks up to the counter and sits down on one of the barstools.
I'm probably gonna have to fitle with the transportalizer back their a bit before I can get back, come to think of it I have no idea what the exact dimensional coordinates of my destination. Crud that means I'm gonna have to wait for someone to realize I'm gone and then find this place.
He sighs and then takes out a cell phone.
Of course I don't get service here.
He puts the phone away.
Looks like I'm gonna be stuck here for a while.
:cal: THE ONE TROLL TO RULE THEM ALL :cal:

User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by lavendersiren » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:41 pm

"We got pretty much anything. Anything that can be made from food replicator ingredients, at least."

Lavender pulls out a pencil and pad of paper, ready to take his order.

"Huh, so you're trying to get to another dimension? Can you tell me what it's like, or what it's called? I know someone just outside of town who has a big rig capable of interdimensional travel. They could help out."
Lavender smiles warmly.
Image

MP the OP OG
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:24 pm
Pronouns: She/Her/they/them
Classpect: Page of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by MP the OP OG » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:14 pm

I'll have a chocolate shake and a cheesebuger
When she asks him about his home dimention he stops to consider how to explain it
Well we call my home dimention is called dimention Alpha, creative name I know. Anyway the 2 main defining features of the dimention is that reality is extremely weak their due to it being slowly corroded away by someone called "The Administrator" and that we have basicly turned an entire solar system into one big city, witch has many difrent inhabatience but the two most prevalent are humans and tencolor ponys. And the main religion of the demetion is worship of a robotic God called Mechane. That's why many of the citizens are cyborgs. Alltho some of the cyborgs call themselves "enhanced" because they think cyborg sounds two much like something out of a si-fi novel.
:cal: THE ONE TROLL TO RULE THEM ALL :cal:

User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by lavendersiren » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:31 am

Lavender attempts to listen to the description of his dimension, but it largely goes over their head. They take some notes for later, including his order.
"...wow, that's quite the place you come from. I'll ask Thoren if they have any idea how to get there later."

They walk over to the food replicator and type out a couple of things on the keypad, looking down at their notes every couple of seconds.
"Sit tight and I'll getcha your order."
Soon enough, the device produces a frozen meat patty, two buns, and a ketchup packet, as well as a bar of chocolate. Lavender takes the ingredients to the kitchen with them and gets to work frying up the burger. They also manage to pull some fresh greens out of the fridge back there.
Replicators aren't exactly the best at replicating plants that taste decent.

There are now sizzling noises coming from the kitchen. it shouldn't take too long.
Image

User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by lavendersiren » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:21 am

((yes, I know this a double-post, but it's been enough days of waiting to complete the action.))

After a long moment of waiting, Lavender emerges from the kitchen with a fresh hot burger with tomatoes and lettuce and a nice thick slice of colby jack cheese, partially melted on the patty, between a well-risen sesame seed bun. On the side, there's a batch of freshly deep-fried fries, drained and patted of most excess grease and salted lightly. The chocolate bar sits next to it, still sealed in its package, kept cold in the freezer to avoid melting while in the kitchen.
They place the plate onto the counter, presumably in front of Ben. They allso uncaptcha salt and pepper shakers, plus a plastic ketchup bottle filled with ketchup.
"I hope you'll excuse the wait, I had to warm up the fryers. You are the first customer this week, after all."

Meanwhile, outside the window, there's the distinct sound of some sort of odd aircraft zooming past overhead.

"hm, that must be Thoren coming back from their trip to Aurelia. Not very many with loud vehicles like that around here."
Image

MP the OP OG
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:24 pm
Pronouns: She/Her/they/them
Classpect: Page of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by MP the OP OG » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks
He says before bidding into the burger.
You said something about someone who can help me, right. Were you talking about the person that just came in?
:cal: THE ONE TROLL TO RULE THEM ALL :cal:

User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by lavendersiren » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:16 pm

"Oh yeah! Thoren. They're a pretty good friend of mine. A little moody at times, but overall fiercely loyal and dependable if you gain their trust. They do a lot of recreational dimension hopping on occasion."
Lavender seems to be in a good mood, smiling fondly and looking off in the distance for a moment.

They then regain their focus upon Ben, remembering that he has a problem to be solved.
"Would you like me to give 'em a call for you?"
Lavender presses a button on the side of their glasses, a faint reflection of lit computer screens pop up upon them.
Image

User avatar
finallyDeme
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:25 pm
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Sylph of Blood
Moon: Prospit

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by finallyDeme » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:42 pm

(( are trolls allowed here? ))

User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by lavendersiren » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:24 am

((Yeah! As long as you have a method to get them here, they're all welcome!))

March 7th, 2020

Another day, and soon it'll be daylight saving's day. An archaic holiday held over from time spent back on earth. Time as once known on earth doesn't even apply in a practical manner on Starter Planet, with its 26 hour days, but whatever.
Lavender sits behind the bar, wondering about their post-reset sibling, shinyJiggly. They had taken off to another planet to help rebuild after The Reckoning had ravaged that world, and got somewhat attached to the local community. Lavender hasn't heard much back from SJ since then. Are they off on new and exciting adventures while Lav is living the simple life here on Starter Planet?

How will today go...
Image

User avatar
finallyDeme
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:25 pm
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Sylph of Blood
Moon: Prospit

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by finallyDeme » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:22 pm

A troll transportalizes in. They have poofy black hair, they're short, and they seem to be a teal blood. They look around.
"<= this is definitely not where sulemn tried to send me.... how do i get back?? =>" They're thinking out loud to themselves. Image

User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by lavendersiren » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:33 am

Lavender notices the new someone in their peripheral vision and adjusts their own posture.
"Ohey, welcome to Gene's Garden! " They wave to the newcomer as the transportalizer prints out a receipt containing a bunch of coordinates on it.
"Can I get you anything?"
Lavender seems quite welcoming and chipper.
Image

User avatar
finallyDeme
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:25 pm
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Sylph of Blood
Moon: Prospit

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by finallyDeme » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:23 pm

The small troll scratches their head.
"<= um... does it cost anything? because i dont have any money =>"

User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by lavendersiren » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:12 pm

"Nah, we provide everything for free here. It's p much post-scarcity around here anyways."
Lavender blows a couple stray hairs away from their face.
Image

User avatar
finallyDeme
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:25 pm
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Sylph of Blood
Moon: Prospit

Re: Gene's Garden

Post by finallyDeme » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:22 pm

The troll grins, sits at a chair, and examines the menu for a while.

Post Reply