Do Rosebot and Terezi count as villains?

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
RoseBot
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Seer of Light
Moon: Derse

Do Rosebot and Terezi count as villains?

Post by RoseBot » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Obviously this is going to be hard to answer until we see more happen, and whether or not a character is a villain in Homestuck is kind of gray because there are a lot of morally ambiguous characters. That said, I want to know what people think. How much has Dirk told Rose and Terezi? Rose is literally the God of Knowing Everything, but does she actually know that Dirk manipulated her and Kanaya to separate? Does she know about Dirk's ability to control the narrative? Does she know about his plans? Terezi is the seer of mind, and we know she has *some* level of awareness of Dirk's powers, but does she know the extent of his meddling? I'm really curious to see what people think about this.
ROSEBOT: That's one of the first things you just sort of spontaneously learn when being booted up.
ROSEBOT: For example, I've calculated that by making these remarks I have raised the base level of amusement in all my conversations by 36%.

Eromancery

Re: Do Rosebot and Terezi count as villains?

Post by Eromancery » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 pm

Man I'm not even sure DIRK counts as a true villain
What is a juggalo?
A juggalo
That's what it is
Well, fuck, if I know
What is a juggalo?
I don't know
But I'm down with the clown
And I'm down for life, yo

RoseBot
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Seer of Light

Post by RoseBot » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:08 pm

Honestly? That's fair. Dirk definitely seems to think of himself as a villain, and he seems to have purposefully positioned himself as one, but honestly that could just be his self-hatred making him think of himself that way. I'm really interested to see what he actually plans to do here.
ROSEBOT: That's one of the first things you just sort of spontaneously learn when being booted up.
ROSEBOT: For example, I've calculated that by making these remarks I have raised the base level of amusement in all my conversations by 36%.

mer_the_freak

Post by mer_the_freak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:58 pm

i think asking if anyone in homestuck is a villain is really complicated aside from the obvious. i think i would lean towards no as of now though.
:mutie:

barexamkind

Post by barexamkind » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:37 am

In my opinion, no one out of the Theseus crew is a villain.
Dirk did everything he did out of a twisted urge to save his friends, but also out of the desire to prove to himself that he is irredeemable and to kill himself in the most convoluted way possible.
Terezi doesn't know what else to do with herself, and she just seems to be vibing and annoying Dirk more than anything else.
Rose...might be the only one out of the three who could have done something like this irregardless of Dirk's influence or not (due to her same preoccupancy with canon and impending ascent) but didn't out of her love of Kanaya. I still wouldn't call her anything resembling a villain though. These characters are just Homestuck continuing to make you think what is and isn't a grey character, especially when the narrative itself labels them as villains.
for more bad takes and atrocious vibes, follow me on twitter!
https://twitter.com/barexamkind

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:47 am

I mean, for all we know Rose might not know Dirks actions in meat, or, at the very least, Terezi doesnt know if she knows. And, when she tells Dirk about how she might be pulling some kind of act, its evaded with aspect discussion instead, so we are basically left in the dark here.

In my opinion neither Rose (if we go with tehe idea of her not knowing) and terezi are villains. Terezi openly antagonizes dirk and its clear as day she doesnt share his views on it, so that rules her out. And Rose is ignorant to this facet of dirk, so, how can we say shes a villain then?
:rosecool:

bakedpotatocat

Post by bakedpotatocat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:14 pm

My personal headcanon of recent is that Rose looked at the alternate possibilities for the future and considering that they usually end (once the events in the timeline get to the point of the Meat/Candy split) in some variant of Dirk either killing himself and fascism rising, she decides to play along with Dirk's whole charade. Also I feel like Rose is the type that would want the ult!self as a means to further power.

I mean, Rose communed with dark gods to do what she thought was best, playing along with Dirk's shenanigans (and he hasnt really done anything particularly bad, just been a dramatic bitch that causes problems as long a you assume that john and rose's conditions are reversible) is well within her wheelhouse.

Also holy shit im so used to typing on discord that i forgot how to write without interrupting myself like seven times
call me bpc for short. they/them, poly aromantic sapphic, Sylph of Rage

no one in homestuck except gamzee and doc scratch have ever done anything wrong

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Regarding the guidelines of a traditional story, yes. Dirk, Terezi, and Rose(bot) are currently the Triple Bad Guy Team, even if their intentions are unclear, this is what Dirk intentionally set them up to be (at least in the eyes of the rest of the cast) and Terezi and Rose are BOTH way too smart to not understand. I don't think they're necessarily the actual bad guys, and we'll probably get a bigger BBEG (on the level of Lord English or Bec Noir) along the way to replace Dirk and either make Dirk and Dirk-Team anti-heroes or secondary antagonists.

So traditionally and in-canon, yes. Realistically, probably not.

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Crpal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:20 pm

I honestly have no idea what constitutes as a "villain" so far in HS^2 we just havent explored enough content yet.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:40 pm

RoseBot wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:08 pm
Honestly? That's fair. Dirk definitely seems to think of himself as a villain, and he seems to have purposefully positioned himself as one, but honestly that could just be his self-hatred making him think of himself that way. I'm really interested to see what he actually plans to do here.
He is ultimately giving into his temptations and doing what he wants. And being very, very cruel and reveling in it when he does.

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:49 pm

If this new game of SBURB is as important as Dirk claims it is, the ends could very well justify the means for this kidnappy little venture of his, with Rosebot and Terezi simply tagging along for the ride.
Then again, the theory that Dirk's ultimate self leaks through to the part of him contained within Lord English is an exciting path to consider, and would follow his theme of starring in his own personal Chuck Tingle novel, Getting Fucked Hard By My Alternate Selves In Paradox Space

Rosebot and Terezi might as well be neutral parties. Rosebot serves as a kind of MacGuffin as far as I can see since the Earth C crew are kind of on their way just to nab her back, I sincerely doubt any of them would really give a shit if Dirk and Terezi had run off on their own. As such I think Rosebot acts first and foremost as motivation for the conflict, rather than an active participant. Terezi is only there because she thinks she might be able to revive that Egbert dick, and I think nerd boinking is the furthest from evil you can get.
Image Perfection.

lml55
Pronouns: Him,He
Classpect: Prince of Light

Post by lml55 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:11 pm

MorganMustDie wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:49 pm
If this new game of SBURB is as important as Dirk claims it is, the ends could very well justify the means for this kidnappy little venture of his, with Rosebot and Terezi simply tagging along for the ride.

ok just going to say if a game of sburb is created by an ultimate self god-tier (I'm just assuming at this point) could that mean that there are other Ultimate self God-tiers on earth and alternia and maybe they will rebel against Dirk for abusing his power an Terezi and maybe Rosebot with some convincing to rebel against Dirk

Only for Rosebot to gain Ultimate Self and shit goes down hill and everyone from the farthest reaches of homestuck fanfiction(Vast Error, AO3 fanfics, Hiveswap,MSPA roleplays,Problem Sleuth, ect.) have to defeat the all mighty Rosebot who unlike Dirk has no emotion or mercy and just plans to kill everyone with the power

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:49 pm

MorganMustDie wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:49 pm
Then again, the theory that Dirk's ultimate self leaks through to the part of him contained within Lord English is an exciting path to consider, and would follow his theme of starring in his own personal Chuck Tingle novel, Getting Fucked Hard By My Alternate Selves In Paradox Space

Rosebot and Terezi might as well be neutral parties. Rosebot serves as a kind of MacGuffin as far as I can see since the Earth C crew are kind of on their way just to nab her back, I sincerely doubt any of them would really give a shit if Dirk and Terezi had run off on their own. As such I think Rosebot acts first and foremost as motivation for the conflict, rather than an active participant. Terezi is only there because she thinks she might be able to revive that Egbert dick, and I think nerd boinking is the furthest from evil you can get.
The question is if they are in fact hijacking something that was already going to happen anyway? Like this events would have transpired with or without them. specifically, that it was supposed to happen without them and he basically brute forced his presence into it. Maybe things are more malleable than we think and, so long as its not shown yet, Someone like Dirk can bulldoze into it and BECOME the guy who was supposed to do it all along.
It might be why Calliope is so against him. He is making himself essential to whatever is happening next when he was never supposed to be involved.

That would make Dirk a villain to paradox space in general. Going against its structure even if its not for his own means.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:24 am

lml55 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:11 pm
Only for Rosebot to gain Ultimate Self and shit goes down hill and everyone from the farthest reaches of homestuck fanfiction(Vast Error, AO3 fanfics, Hiveswap,MSPA roleplays,Problem Sleuth, ect.) have to defeat the all mighty Rosebot who unlike Dirk has no emotion or mercy and just plans to kill everyone with the power
Rosebot is already Ult Rose.
It's why her consciousness got put into a robot. Her physical body couldn't handle the ascension.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

lml55
Pronouns: Him,He
Classpect: Prince of Light

Post by lml55 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:22 am

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:24 am
lml55 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:11 pm
Rosebot is already Ult Rose.
It's why her consciousness got put into a robot. Her physical body couldn't handle the ascension.
Point Proven Even More

If you're trying to defend her you're digging yourself into a bigger hole

Also it's just my personal belief as a story creator and i know how to make a good plot twist so I believe it's true also if the rosebot moderator represents the one in homestuck^2 please tell me it'll be quite the pleasure see your reaction but if not then you're ok wasn't trying to be mean

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:31 am

Rose is as much of a villain as Lord English and Doc Scratch.

So, no. Not at all.
lml55 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:22 am
Also it's just my personal belief as a story creator and i know how to make a good plot twist
u ok there?
only bad takes here