Fanfiction Central

Showcase things you made! This includes illustrations, writings, and musical pieces! Fanventures and Fan Projects go in the appropriate forums, respectively.
rubs juice
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Page of Mind
Moon: Derse

Fanfiction Central

Post by rubs juice » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:13 pm

Have a fanfic you wanna show people? Read a fanfic that you must share with everyone? Looking for recommendations? This is the place for you!

Share links to fanfiction.net, ao3, wattpad, pastebin and any others your heart desires.

-If it's not yours, provide an author name, or it can be a simple "not mine but this is cool". Just make sure to state you didn't write it
-It'd be good if you provided a simple summary to go along with your links, fanfic title, author name (if not yours), how many words/chapters, if it's completed, in progress or abandoned, main pairings, AUs or core concepts, just so people know what to expect from the click, or else it's just the risky click of the day (tm)
-no smutfics, please. I think they go against this forum's rules, so better be on the safe side

Without further ado, here's some of my own!

>Jack: Look up https://archiveofourown.org/works/18530221
Short read, takes place immediately after Collide.

Where do carapacians go when they die? https://archiveofourown.org/works/18554437
Short read, character study on Karkat, takes place after Candy Epilogue. Arguably the first gen epilogue fanfic that was in english

Your Name is Damara https://archiveofourown.org/works/19086916
Short read, heavy subject. I like angst.

Microcosmos https://archiveofourown.org/works/19907314
10-20 minute read, humanstuck + stabdad AU. I continue to like angst. It's the work I'm the most proud of

>SS: Erase your dead name and reunite with the others https://archiveofourown.org/works/21212006
Short read, takes place immediately after Collide, I posted it fairly recently

-----------
Mod Note: Threads merged, the following OP is from user KanayaMaryam
-----------

Are you an enjoyer of creative, written works? Do you wish to read a story concerning a particular ship? Having trouble finding the gems that interest you? Then hopefully this list will help you!!! I would like to compile an extensive list containing all those good reads that people have loved over the years! Hopefully, this list will help direct others into discovering new fics that might interest them, and even inspire more to write their own! So if you have any recommendations, then don't be shy and post them here!

My only requirements to make it easier to navigate are:
  • Include title and author
  • If possible, provide a short summary
  • Outline any main ships/triggers/etc
  • Mention the rating please, no smut
  • Please link the fic
I'll begin with a list of my own!

Completed

Second Best by NoBrandHero
Post-SBURB. In which Dave doesn't survive the game, but Davesprite does, forcing him to navigate a life in which he sees himself as an imposter. Has some excellent feel good moments, and is probably the best Davesprite fic I've ever read. Amazing characterisation, compelling narrative, and all around a classic.
No ships. Contains survivor's guilt and self-hatred.
Rated T

So It Goes by TGP
Post-SBURB. The tag on this fic is very apt: welcome to Strider Manpain. After winning the game the Alpha kids are placed into the bodies of their adult selves, leaving Dirk to try and fix the mess Bro has made. Wonderful Strilonde moments, and the sequel is absolutely hilarious.
Background Rosemary and Davekat, but it's not the focus. Contains self-hatred and past abuse.
Rated T.

On the Fragile Feather of Hope by Luneth
Eridan believes powers are bullshit, and Roxy tries her hardest to show him otherwise. An incredible superhero/superpower alternate universe with Eridan as the main character, and has him interacting with the Alpha kids in ways I'd have never thought of before. Amazing friendships, hilarious moments, and one of the best AUs out there in my opinion.
Implied Eridan/Dirk, Rosemary and past Dirk/Jake. Contains depression and a suicide attempt, so be warned.
Rated M.

Perspective by MsGeekNerd
A Meteorstuck story focusing on Dave and Karkat gradually growing closer through various shenanigans. Probably my favourite Meteorstuck fic. The dynamic feels realistic and the interactions are natural, giving it an all around very organic feeling. Gorgeous characterisation.
DaveKat and background Rosemary. Contains past abuse and PTSD. I haven't read it in a while, but I think there is some implied sexual content, but nothing explicit.
Rated T.

You, Some Kids, and the End of the World by laughablyunimportant
Dave's neighbour somehow gets caught up in SBURB and has to navigate through a doomed timeline while trying to be an adult for the kids. I'll admit, I'm not one for OC stories, but this is just incredibly written and left me in tears. It shows the kids being awkward, unsure, and absolutely heartbreaking. Give it a chance, and you'll be surprised. I will warn you though, it's sadstuck and has a tragic ending.
No ships, but found family. Contains doomed timelines, past abuse, and major character death.
Rated T.

Ongoing

Falling for the First Time by NoBrandHero
Post-SBURB. Companion fic to Second Best, but focuses on Dirk getting to know Alpha Dave, and realising this dude is actually a Huge Dork. Lighter than Second Best, but still deals with some heavy themes, and is just as good. Has some amazing Alpha Dave and Dirk content, and is excellently written. Last updated: 13.04.19
No ships. Contains alcohol abuse and self-hatred.
Rated T.

Gardenia and Peonies by Royalrastafariannaynays
Medieval AU where Rose is an ancient witch with a huge crush on the resident seamstress. Very, very gay, flowery and gorgeous prose, but in a tasteful way. A beautiful love story with a hint of mystery to it. Currently on hiatus, last updated 15.06.18
Rosemary, background Davekat. Contains past abuse, past miscarriage, past arranged marriage.
Rated M.

Dimensional Veils and Magical Aliens by oniforever
Pre-SBURB. Crossover with Harry Potter, where Sirius is transported to a certain violet-blooded troll's hive after falling through the Veil. A hilarious friendship emerges, Eridan goes to Hogwarts and is a troll in more ways than one. Hilarious, light-hearted and big on the friendship aspects, this is the best written HP/HS fic I have ever read. Last updated: 29.09.18.
No ships. No real warnings.
Rated T.

in what distant deeps or skies by unintelligiblescreaming
No SBURB/SGRUB, but it did happen at some point. Terezi is assigned Vriska's moirail after sweeps of no contact, and is plagued by memories of a time that never happened. Gradually though, old faces begin to show up, and a revolution seems to be on the horizon. This is an incredible Alternia world-building fic, and goes into so much detail about the various jobs and what it's like to be a troll adult. It's disturbing most times, though it does have its softer moments. Last updated: 23.08.2018.
Pale VrisRezi, background Rosemary, background Davekat. Contains torture, blood, violence, death, brainwashing.
Rated M.

A Lullaby For Gods by SociopathicArchangel
Post SBURB? Crossover with MCU, but excellently done. "Five gods rent a flat in Manhattan. That sounded like the start of a bad joke. In which Loki Silvertongue is not the only lost god who falls to a world that isn’t his own." Crack treated seriously, starts off hilarious, but gradually becomes more and more serious, though it still retains lighter moments. Wonderful characterisation, interesting interactions, and a fascinating combination of both works. Last updated: 20.04.19
Background Rosemary and Davekat, ships not main focus. Contains angst, experimentation.
Rated Gen.

Romancing the Spitting Image of Your Ex by decadencethief
Post-SBURB. Dirk has no clue what to do now the Game is over, and John seems just as confused. It's DirkJohn everyone, and boy is it a good one. It has Dirk gradually reintegrating with his friendgroup after being sure he's fucked everything up, and looks at John's insecurities and own grief over the past. Wonderfully written, beautiful characterisation, and full of fluff despite the sadness. Last updated: 15.04.19.
DirkJohn. Contains PTSD, anxiety attacks, and the usual self-hatred.
Rated T.

One-Shots

Genesis by Dancestorologist
An amazing Damara backstory and character examination, and by god I love it.
Past Damara/Rufioh. Contains bullying, death.
Rated T.

Nothing by frankenfreakie
Another Dancestor fic, this time focusing on Horuss. An incredible character study, and really hits deep.
Rufioh/Horuss. Contains death, depression.
Rated T.

the beginning after the end by tactfulGnostalgic
Post-SBURB. The kids lose their powers and are forced to cope without them. It hits Jade the hardest. Amazing fic examining grief and trauma after SBURB, while still keeping a hopeful tone towards the end. Absolutely gorgeous characterisations, with incredible art to accompany it.
No ships. Contains depression.
Rated T.

Shameless Self-Promotion

Two of my own Homestuck fics :olliesouty:

The Dog Days Are Over by FineSpecimenRetrieved
Post-SBURB. Rose Lalonde finds herself struggling to settle in a new world that demands so much from her and all the others.
Rosemary, background Davekat. Contains depression, PTSD.
Rated T.

in our days we will live (like our ghosts will live) by FineSpecimenRetrieved
Post-SBURB, reincarnation AU. After Rose dies peacefully of old age, she finds herself waking up on the 13th of April, 2009.
Rosemary, background Davekat. Contains depression, pining.
Rated T.

And that's all from me for now! I may gradually update as I go along, but I hope people enjoy these, and will want to post their own recommendations and fics!
Mafa || Page of Mind
Carapacian Rights Advocate || Writer of worldbuilding headcanons
[[visit my AO3 here]]
Check out my fanventure! Click on the banner <3

Levenfish

Re: Fanfiction Central

Post by Levenfish » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:14 am

None of the following are mine, because good golly I wish I were this good. They're all also complete.

There's The Vienna Game by paraTactician, they're an old soul. Think they got married to another prominent HS fanfic writer from the old days, and their spouse put out a fantasy series that's basically gotten the good bits of HS but transplanted? But that's neither here nor there. 83k words, it's if you put Sollux into Neuromancer by William Gibson, then he proceeds to be awesome.

Also Strider's Edge by the same author, 67k words, based on the 1945 English book Brideshead Revisited. John attends university, very British things happen, right up until it maims you with emotions.

There's [s]LOSS[/s] Like One Sundered Star by oriflamme. I can't recommend this enough, it's not only a sprawling epic at... like, 1.71 MILLION words long, it's also COMPLETE. Like, it's done. It will not go dormant and leave us hollow. It is full, it is done, and it wraps up everything. It's a superhero AU epic that also ties into Sburb and does some of the best damn worldbuilding I've ever seen an HS fanfic do.

I'll link some of my own one day, if I write anything. Fanadventures have their own section.
Last edited by Levenfish on Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KanayaMaryam
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

HS FanFiction Recommendations List

Post by KanayaMaryam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:33 am

Mod Note: Merged with other thread.
Last edited by KanayaMaryam on Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[insert evil 90s anime woman laugh here]

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Re: HS FanFiction Recommendations List

Post by classpectanon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:47 am

since this forum has minors on it im going to have to request that people do not recommend Smut
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

KanayaMaryam

Post by KanayaMaryam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:48 am

classpectanon wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:47 am
since this forum has minors on it im going to have to request that people do not recommend Smut
Changed main post to reflect this! Sorry, forgot about that.
Last edited by KanayaMaryam on Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:56 am

Didn't Rubs Juice already make a thread like this? Should we combine the two somehow?
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

KanayaMaryam

Post by KanayaMaryam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:56 am
Didn't Rubs Juice already make a thread like this? Should we combine the two somehow?
Did they? :amazed: I didn't see anything, so I just put this here! If there already is an existing one, then I'll gladly move!

EDIT: Just found it, I'm a blind fool.

rubs juice

Post by rubs juice » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:04 pm

KanayaMaryam wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 pm
calamityCons wrote:
Did they? :amazed: I didn't see anything, so I just put this here! If there already is an existing one, then I'll gladly move!
I think mine is in the wrong place actually, it's in Fan Projects, so idk what to do with this predicament dkfjgh
Mafa || Page of Mind
[[visit my AO3 here]]

KanayaMaryam

Post by KanayaMaryam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:05 pm

rubs juice wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:04 pm
KanayaMaryam wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 pm
calamityCons wrote:
I think mine is in the wrong place actually, it's in Fan Projects, so idk what to do with this predicament dkfjgh
I don't want to push out something you already made, lol, so maybe I can ask the mods to delete this thread, and shove the stuff I wrote onto yours, or something?

rubs juice

Post by rubs juice » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:29 pm

KanayaMaryam wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:05 pm
rubs juice wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:04 pm

I don't want to push out something you already made, lol, so maybe I can ask the mods to delete this thread, and shove the stuff I wrote onto yours, or something?
yours is prettier kdjhdfg but it's up to you really
Mafa || Page of Mind
[[visit my AO3 here]]

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:33 pm

>no smut
shit, this narrows it a lot what I can recommend. Anyway:

-.>John: Return to Yharnam by nihilBliss.-
A oneshot fic. I think the title renders description useless but yeah, John's a hunter and he goes to hunt. A bit gory but that should not come as a surprise with that setting. No ship unless you consider a healthy bro support between John and Dave a ship. (totally diggin that ngl) https://archiveofourown.org/works/18949216

-.JOHN: TRY TO UNDERSTAND by MS_Mike-.
Finished. A very weird reimagination of the game, happens shortly after Jade enters the game and then completely diverges into its own thing. Its... interesting, at the very least. It has some flaws, and you can feel that sometimes the author was streching the line a bit too much with some plots and stuff, but overall its a pretty decent fanfic that will leave you saying why god why at the end of it. I could highlight JohnVris, JohnRose, Rosemary and DaveJade as the main ships. https://archiveofourown.org/works/1787233

-.Those Few Gods who Escape Damnation by epitomizedTyrant-.
An unfinished, very silly, fanfic mixed with the MCU. Basically its just John & co stoping Thanos at the end of IW and then them hanging around with the avengers. Its kinda funny. This one literally makes fun of how many ships there are in the fanfic and how chaotic they are. I can say that John is a "pale slut" in this tho. https://archiveofourown.org/works/15436590

-.The Kids Aren't Alright by BrookeStardust, lobsterMatriarch-.
I think a lot of people has read this one already but w/e. A completed fafinc that talks about Dave's PTSD after finishing the game. Its from 2013 so it has that "I just say that they won vagely and fuck it" thingy they had going on by that time but yeah, its pretty much just 39 chapters of Dave suffering and Jade trying to help him out. The sequel is also good, and it centers around John after his divorce with Rose, but its not as good as this one. Really liked it. DaveJade, Rosemary, JohnRose. https://archiveofourown.org/works/562053

[Edit]: Forgot the links like a CHUMP.
:rosecool:

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by classpectanon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:50 pm

Merged the threads together.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life

Post by aspiringWatcher » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:08 pm

I'm obliged to recommend Sburb Glitch FAQ by GodsGiftToGrinds.

This is one of the fandom classics, talking about survival in an exceptionally sadistic and buggy version of our all-favourite universe-creating game. Less a fic, more an incomplete GameFAQ-style guide. It's been abandoned a long time ago, but is still a delectable read if mechanics are what you are looking for.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:11 pm

aspiringWatcher wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:08 pm

This is one of the fandom classics, talking about survival in an exceptionally sadistic and buggy version of our all-favourite universe-creating game. Less a fic, more an incomplete GameFAQ-style guide. It's been abandoned a long time ago, but is still a delectable read if mechanics are what you are looking for.
I've never heard of this until now and I'm really interested in knowing if there's anything quite like it.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

arachnidsGrip
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Page of Light

Post by arachnidsGrip » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:23 pm

Attempted Domesticity and All the Ways It Can Fail by Vrisrezi_Rights_Inc (a.k.a myself and Wing)

Attempted Domesticity and All the Ways It Can Fail is an ongoing post-canon Vrisrezi fic set on Earth C, switching between Terezi and Vriska's point of view. It focuses almost entirely on Vrisrezi getting themselves situated and comfortable on Earth C and then just living their lives, with small bits of Davekat and Rosemary as well (planned or already written). Later chapters are going to contain blood, gore, graphic violence, and a fair bit of death from both minor and major characters alike. The tags for the fic are as precise as they think they should be, which is very, and the rating for it is Mature. I also think I should note that the chapters with all of the blood, gore, death, etc. haven't actually been written yet. They've been outlined in our plans, but they haven't been written, so as of writing this it's just Vrisrezi fluff.

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Critical Failure is my most recent fan project. I'm detaching myself from the stuff I wrote as a teenager, but still want to write fanfic so I made a whole new account and everything for this. It's set in the same universe as Homestuck but doesn't follow the same characters, isn't a fansession, and is really more of a "fuck around in 2006 Homestuck world and see what happens". I hope people like it.
Only cuties survive the near future

william_

Post by william_ » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Levenfish wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:14 am
There's Like One Sundered Star by oriflamme. I can't recommend this enough, it's not only a sprawling epic at... like, 1.71 MILLION words long, it's also COMPLETE. Like, it's done. It will not go dormant and leave us hollow. It is full, it is done, and it wraps up everything. It's a superhero AU epic that also ties into Sburb and does some of the best damn worldbuilding I've ever seen an HS fanfic do.
i was JUST about to share this lmao!! hands down The Best fanfiction i've read EVER. packed with the best action, tears, and laughs in town, and does not let up - it's a blisteringly fast 1.7 million words! (and the TWISTS....... i shall not dwell on them) dunno why those HSD dorks read Worm when they could read this :rosecool:

for ongoing fics, i absolutely must rec power464646's A Hive 8n't a Home, the only candy epilogue continuation i'll ever need! super well-written and heartwarming and trans vriska trans vriska trans vriska
[YTP] [BBA] [TWITTER]

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:43 pm

aspiringWatcher wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:08 pm

thank you so much for this. I love it
:rosecool:

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:42 pm

anyone got any good friendsim-centric fanfic they think is good? I'm a bitch for some cool MSPAR shit...friendin'

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:28 pm

Deageon wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:42 pm
anyone got any good friendsim-centric fanfic they think is good? I'm a bitch for some cool MSPAR shit...friendin'
"That's Rough, Buddy" is a Friendsim Fanfic taking place in between the last volume and the epilogues, and it's very good, give it a shot
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]