Subtle Details and/or Possible Foreshadowing

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Subtle Details and/or Possible Foreshadowing

Post by VASKA » Thu May 21, 2020 3:20 pm

So I was rereading the commentary for the april updates and it made me take a closer look at this panel. Unless the "something odd" was the croc, which is not out of the question, I noticed the sewing pins.

If you'll look closely at pic related, you can see that the pins in Harry's pincushion are in the text colors of Vrissy (and an extra one for Vriska), himself and Tavros Crocker. Likewise for the hat, minus one for OG Vriska. The pins on the table are in Dave, Jade, and John's text color, with the scissors possibly being Rose's color, but looking funny because texture.

So far those are all obvious groupings, so I'll draw your attention to the ground: pins in Karkat, Dirk, and Yiffy's colors. DUN DUN DUN.

I doubt we'll ever be able to predict in what context Karkat, Yiffy, and Dirk meaningfully cooperate, if that's even what this implies at all, so I'll also settle for any other subtle things you might've found in panels going in this thread too.
Attachments
0209.gif
0209.gif (40.4 KiB) Viewed 9016 times
Only cuties survive the near future

thorondraco

Re: Subtle Details and/or Possible Foreshadowing

Post by thorondraco » Thu May 21, 2020 8:42 pm

VASKA wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:20 pm
So I was rereading the commentary for the april updates and it made me take a closer look at this panel. Unless the "something odd" was the croc, which is not out of the question, I noticed the sewing pins.

If you'll look closely at pic related, you can see that the pins in Harry's pincushion are in the text colors of Vrissy (and an extra one for Vriska), himself and Tavros Crocker. Likewise for the hat, minus one for OG Vriska. The pins on the table are in Dave, Jade, and John's text color, with the scissors possibly being Rose's color, but looking funny because texture.

So far those are all obvious groupings, so I'll draw your attention to the ground: pins in Karkat, Dirk, and Yiffy's colors. DUN DUN DUN.

I doubt we'll ever be able to predict in what context Karkat, Yiffy, and Dirk meaningfully cooperate, if that's even what this implies at all, so I'll also settle for any other subtle things you might've found in panels going in this thread too.
I would not put it past them in the slightest to foreshadow shit in such a way. Not at all. It would be clever.

Mandy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Mandy » Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 pm

Pins? Representing characters? Could it mean...

Seriously, though, did we ever see what happened to Die's doll? Could always turn up somewhere.

overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by overThinker » Thu May 21, 2020 9:47 pm

i think it was with spades slick? so maybe dirk nabbed it during collide?

that raises the fucking stakes lmao

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 22, 2020 3:35 pm

overThinker wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:47 pm
i think it was with spades slick? so maybe dirk nabbed it during collide?

that raises the fucking stakes lmao
its possible....

wait what if its what he is using to stay alive?

SteperOfTheLongEarth
Pronouns: He/him/his
Moon: Prospit

Post by SteperOfTheLongEarth » Sat May 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Are we sure that's supposed to be yiffy on the floor? Her color is more red-ish? I was thinking that might be meat dirk and rose that were going to mean karkat in some capacity. I don't think it makes sense for the Hat Pins to also represent the omega kids again. I think it might be Meat John and Terezi with maybe Rose? Notice how they are against a blue background so you can't tell if they are the same color as the ones at the table.

Is the green pin touching the purplish scissors supposed to mean...if that was foreshadowing to Rose and Jade hooking up I will be mad and impressed simultaneously.

Hey remember this? Notice that egg and dog on what looks like a questbed thing? I thought it was a morbid call back to when Dave and Jade got stabbed on Jade's questbed in the game over timeline but...now I'm wondering if it's actually foreshadowing to other events in the future? Because this is Hoemstuck and those two are usually one in the same...

Oh shit, and I just noticed the stupid board down in the left hand corner we see the full thing later...welp
Completed:
>Terezi: Reminisce
Chapter 9-10 :candy:

Working on: Chapter 10 :pumpkin: :pleasant:

SteperOfTheLongEarth
Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by SteperOfTheLongEarth » Sat May 23, 2020 4:02 pm

SteperOfTheLongEarth wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Oh shit, and I just noticed the stupid board down in the left hand corner we see the full thing later...welp
Well shit never mind, it is also on page 3....god
And 5 and probably a bunch of other pages too...
Completed:
>Terezi: Reminisce
Chapter 9-10 :candy:

Working on: Chapter 10 :pumpkin: :pleasant:

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Sat May 23, 2020 5:44 pm

The pins don't match anyone's colours EXACTLY it seems, but they may be close:

Hat pins/pins stuck in ball thing: Purple (116,6,161) Blue (0,89,176) lighter blue (0,159,201)

laying on table pins: red (250,1,6) green (0,255,20) blue (0,84,255)

laying on floor pins: gray (119,119,119) purple (195,0,177) yellow (255,165,0)

the only object in the room that shares a colour with the pins is the shadow of the blue cloth hanging in the bin, which matches the darker blue pins in the hat and ball (the cloth also shares it's main colour with Harry Anderson's scarf)

As for Die's Juju: the last mention of it was here
edit:
screenshot from collide
Show
(it's a single timeline jump as Jake shot Sawbuck to get to this point)
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel