The Interuniversal Chatting Board!

All your old-school Forum RP related dreams can be achieved in here.
homeStank
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Seer of Mind
Moon: Derse

The Interuniversal Chatting Board!

Post by homeStank » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:02 pm

WELCOME MORTAL OR OTHERWISE
THIS CHATTING BOARD WAS CREATED FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMMUNICATION AND FRIENDSHIP BEYOND THE MEASLY LIMITATION OF UNIVERSES (BUT WITHIN THE LIMITATION OF THE FOURTH WALLS!)
CONNECT TO THIS CHATROOM AND ENJOY THE LIMITLESS FRIENDSHIP POTENTIAL!
ENJOY!

-B

{{OOC: Basic rules. Just a pesterchum/trollian themed chatroom your cool homestuck muse can connect to, regardless of whether they were born on Earth, Alternia, Earth C, are playing The Game or exist in the vastness of cherub space. Despite the name, it IS Homestuck Themed. Enjoy!}}

lavendersiren
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light

Re: The Interuniversal Chatting Board!

Post by lavendersiren » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:49 am

shinyjiggly posted at [ 6:21pm ] on [ the 76th day of the third month in the year 460... think? ], from [ New Hourglass city, Grand Desert Region ]
TOPIC: new phone whose dis

Hellooooo!!!! Greetings from Planet Korous!
I know it's been a while since I've checked in with y'all, but I've been reallly busy with this post-apocalyptic reconstruction stuff. Turns out it's really handy to be able to cut plant growth time in half when you're trying to terraform a desert.
Oh yeah, did I mention I'm trying to help with rebuilding a huge-ass hourglass? Pretty glad right now that the peeps that got dragged to this timeframe have a p decent set of crafting skills, because I can't craft my way out of a paper bag @ _@.

...wait, this isn't my usual message board. What is this place and why is it on my phone??

If ur wondering where I got a phone, I got it alchemized at Fort Aspara. Apparently punchcard alchemy is working again??

homeStank

Post by homeStank » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:37 am

lavendersiren wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:49 am
shinyjiggly posted at [ 6:21pm ] on [ the 76th day of the third month in the year 460... think? ], from [ New Hourglass city, Grand Desert Region ]

Hellooooo!!!! Greetings from Planet Korous!
I know it's been a while since I've checked in with y'all, but I've been reallly busy with this post-apocalyptic reconstruction stuff. Turns out it's really handy to be able to cut plant growth time in half when you're trying to terraform a desert.
Oh yeah, did I mention I'm trying to help with rebuilding a huge-ass hourglass? Pretty glad right now that the peeps that got dragged to this timeframe have a p decent set of crafting skills, because I can't craft my way out of a paper bag @ _@.

...wait, this isn't my usual message board. What is this place and why is it on my phone??

If ur wondering where I got a phone, I got it alchemized at Fort Aspara. Apparently punchcard alchemy is working again??

tintedDreamer posted at [ 03:12 ] on [Tuesday 19th June 2032] from [??????]
Oh wow.. this is p weird. And kinda cool?? I don't know who you are but you better keep my updated now. I'm here living in my boring earthern life hoping school never starts again and you're out there in the goddamn (post)Apocalypse, that's p metal if I say so myself. Good on you! :orange:

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:55 pm

shinyjiggly posted at [ 6:50am ] on [ the 79th day of the third month in the year 460... think? ], from [ New Hourglass city, Grand Desert Region ]

Eheheh... I'll take that as a compliment. I'll try to keep you posted if I can.
Lately I haven't been doing too much else different. reconstruction efforts take a while, after all. I'm mostly glad that we got a witch of life on our side over here.
She's kinda aloof, like some kinda drifter in a western or something, but she does a lot in regards to terraforming when she gets her space.
Honestly it was kinda painful to watch when Schrodinger kinda fell in love with her, since she just sorta ran away quietly in the night before they could bond or anything. But, I guess it was better that way, I think.

So, you're on Earth over there? How's it like? I take it things are still p typical? Judging from the year you posted from, it's probably a different Earth than the one I came from.

homeStank

Post by homeStank » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:26 pm

tintedDreamer posted at [ 15:20 ] on [Tuesday 19th June 2032] from [??????]
Oh yeah, pretty typical I think. Just very normal stuff. School, traffic, parents, the surveillance by the state, haha. Really wishing for something cool and adventurous to happen. This board seems super protected though? It's unusual.
And damn, I hope your friend Schrodinger feels better about all that! If he's anythinig like the cat, well, at least there's a chance that it'll simultaneously not hurt that much :rorb: Witches amiright?

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:39 pm

shinyjiggly posted at [ 9:36am ] on [ the 79th day of the third month in the year 460... think? ], from [ New Hourglass city, Grand Desert Region ]

Oh great, you're in a police state. I hate those kinda situations. I can only hope you're coping with it well enough.
I remember once I was doing session preparation work on Planet Jingloria and it was just the WORST!
You know those Elf On The Shelf things? They had actual cameras on them over there! They weren't kidding when they say that Santa Claus tracked everyone there. I almost wanted to sabotage their surveilence efforts from the inside, but I was too focused on trying to complete a timeloop that would allow SBRIGHT to be initiated at the end of their civilization.
Stupidly enough, the one session that had the most importance wound up getting party-wiped by an intruder from an alternate timeline version of my old session.

Sometimes the sheer amout of things that happen just completely overwhelm me, especially thinking to back then, but at least now I don't have to think too much about those kinda days anymore.

As for Schrodinger, they kinda noped to places unknown after getting rejected. Considering the news I heard from their alpha counterpart, I hope they got the news regarding their ideal gender identity, to give em at least something positive to focus on.

I got a question tho, do you know how to fight any? Like, for self defense reasons. You never know when skills like that might come in handy. (of course, knowing how to cook and run a house by yourself is also important, but considering I've seen this sorta thing happen before, I can almost guess what sorta skills you might need in the near future)
Image Image

homeStank

Post by homeStank » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:28 pm

tintedDreamer posted at [ 21:20 ] on [Tuesday 19th June 2032] from [??????]
wow, they almost tried that here, but the amount of protests that happened actually prevented it for once. That's why I'm kinda coping better than most people?? Stuff like that makes me feel like it WILL get better one day, you know?? :orange:
And yeah, haha, not thinking about an issue is the easiest way of avoiding the issue :) Good thing you're no longer in those days anymore, I guess?
And heck yeah, nb rights! It's nice to know I'm not alone out here. Give my congrats to Schrodinger on figuring that out!
As for fighting, not really? I'm good at dodgeball but I've never had to dodge punches before. I've always wanted to try out using a weapon, even ordered a strife specibus recently. Why? What knowledge do you have for me, mysterious otherworldly sage?

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:44 pm

shinyjiggly posted at [ 2:36am ] on [ the 80th day of the third month in the year 460... think? ], from [ New Hourglass city, Grand Desert Region ]

I am glad to hear that protests are still an option over there.

As for the lern 2 fite thing, let's just say there's a really high chance that you're gonna need to defend yourself in the near future, especially considering you've got strife specibus technology over there. I don't want to reveal too much or lead you down a wild goose chase, so vague preparations is probably the best option.
An interesting tip on those things, unconventional kind abstracta tend to have more powerful upgrades later on. I went with Prostheticlegkind for mine and I am sometimes hesitant to kick my enemies out of sheer mercy. Though nowadays there aren't very many enemies in my league anymore, I kinda outlevelled most of them.

By the way, what kinda games do y'all have coming up over there? Like, video games kinda games. Any good multiplayer stuff?

homeStank

Post by homeStank » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:03 pm

tintedDreamer posted at [ 00:38 ] on [Wednesday 20th June 2032] from [??????]

Well, I'll certainly keep your fighting advice in mind! I was gonna go with spearkind, but since you said something more unconventional, using pencils or paintbrushes for fighting could be really fun as well! I'll definitely look into it. If we ever somehow meet, make sure to not kick me on accident, haha, okay?

As for video games, I'm not really sure? I'm really not into technology stuff, or video games for that matter. I only play like, Minecraft. Honestly it's [REDACTED] that got me set up with the whole check-for-surveillance internet at all. She's amazing at this sorta thing. If we ever play a game, it's her idea.
She said she found something really cursed in the depths of the internet. She says it's multiplayer and wants to play it with me and the gang though? I'm fine with that, I know if she says it's good it usually is :orange: And it's about time I did something new anyways! :apple:

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:55 am

shinyjiggly posted at [ 6:50am ] on [ the 80th day of the third month in the year 460... think? ], from [ New Hourglass city, Grand Desert Region ]

hmm... cursed multiplayer game from the depths of the dark web...
Seems about accurate to the script.
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. There's a really really high chance that this cursed game is going to be not only your only chance at going on an adventure, but also your only slim chance to survive whatever may happen next.
You likely have a reasonable amount of time until a particular incident occurs, so I suggest living your life to the fullest and cherish what you've got as if it was your last week on Earth. Visit your favorite locations, call up friends and family just to tell them how much you love them. Visit that restaurant you've always wanted to eat at.
The future is upon the horizon and it will be important to be mentally ready and at relative peace in order to cope well with whatever may happen next.

Hopefully I'm not sounding too ominous or whatever. I'm just sorta trying to give you the advice I wish I had been given years ago.

homeStank

Post by homeStank » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:44 pm

tintedDreamer posted at [ 05:41] on [Sunday24th June 2032] from [??????]
Oh dear! Well ain't that concerning. But exciting! I try to live my life to the fullest anyways, considering the impending doom that our government is steadily ignoring, but this sounds bigger than even that! Thank you for your advice. I'll make sure to use it.

Honestly, this game sounds like a great way of escape all of what's happening now... and don't worry about sounding ominous! The place we're on is ominous as it is, there's no way it can get even more so! :lemon:
Any other advice you wished baby-you knew?

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:27 am

shinyjiggly posted at [ 11:08am ] on [ the 85th day of the third month in the year 460... think? ], from [ New Hourglass city, Grand Desert Region ]

Honestly, I'm glad to hear you've got an optimistic spin on things.
Here's some more advice: you know your friend circle you plan on playing that game with? Make sure the bunch of y'all know how to work together. Know your team's strengths and weaknesses and be there to help with everything you've got.
The game you're going to play will help a lot with helping you mature, so don't sweat it if you're not at the top of your game before even installing the thing.
Regardless, it always helps to have a leg-up on the teambuilding so things don't fall apart under pressure.

Concerning other stuff, how's your cooking skills? Can you at least boil pasta without setting it on fire?

flyingIncandecent posted at [ 6:08pm ] on [ Feb 21, 2020 ], from [ Prospit/Derse Battlefield Board, Region of Parties and Boardgames ]

Okαy, who the fuck instαlled this αpp on my phone? Is this pαrt of the content updαte bullshit thαt's been going on?
Image Image

homeStank

Post by homeStank » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:31 pm

tintedDreamer posted at [ 16:25] on [Sunday24th June 2032] from [??????]
I don't think we've ever tried to work together on something big before, but we're not bad people! So I can't imagine it'd be too difficult, if we all hear each other out. As for cooking, well uh, I've never tried it, but it doesn't sound too hard. Just heat a thing until it looks right, right?? Listening to you, maybe I should invest in a cookbook...

Welcome to the Ominous Place flyingIncandecent :D! You come from Region of Parties and Boardgames??? That sounds like an incredible region!!! Make sure to invite me over sometimes, aight? :devious:

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:48 pm

shinyjiggly posted at [ 11:08am ] on [ the 86th day of the third month in the year 460... think? ], from [ New Hourglass city, Grand Desert Region ]

Believe me, under pressure, you will encounter truths about your group that none of you will have ever expected.
As mentioned before, the game is one that will kickstart your road to maturity, and that goes for them too.

When it comes to cooking, there are dishes and recipes for all difficulty levels. There's no need to get into the ultra-hard stuff, just the sorta dishes that you could potentially feed yourself with. I read some really good tips in a glitch FAQ (of all places, ikr?) and it p much suggested getting used to using a slow-cooker for easy meals when you have a lot to do elsewhere for a while, which is a very possible scenario that can occur during gameplay.

For immediate dishes, I would suggest focusing on pasta recipes. Those are usually pretty easy to make taste good, as long as you know your basics. Make sure you have some good stock of onions, garlic, herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, ), parmesian/romano cheese (make sure it's actual cheese and not just articicial cheese product!), and of course, plenty of red sauce.
Something that will help a TON is noting down the captchalogue codes of every food item you can find. Keep them all in a notebook or something where you can find them later on. You'll thank me later.

flyingIncandecent posted at [ 8:25pm ] on [ Feb 21, 2020 ], from [ Fungi City, Region of Parties and Boardgames ]

Hello tintedDreαmer. This boαrd hαrdly looks αny bit ominous. My dreαms αre more ominous thαn this boαrd.
I doubt you'd lαst very long in RoPαB. It's α postgαme quest locαtion. Honestly, I'm surprised thαt the guest I brought αlong wαs αble to hold her own when imps stαrted αttαcking α couple hours αgo. I suppose coming from α post-αpocαlyptic locαtion prepαres one for αnything.

Nick, αre you seriously trying to get this kid to stαrt cooking spαghetti αs prepαrαtion for the gαme? If you cαn't cook, TD, just stick to the eαsy shit. If your lαnd winds up being αs hostile αs the one I got sαddled with, you won't hαve time to cook α full meαl. just keep αny metαl out of the microwαve αnd reαd the instructions on the bαck of the boxes.
Image Image

homeStank

Post by homeStank » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:05 pm

tintedDreamer posted at [ 5:04] on [Monday 25th June 2032] from [??????]
Hey, you never know when cooking advice will come useful! If this is the road to maturity, cooking your own meal sure sounds like the adult thing to do, at least! I'd prefer not to develop a vitamin deficiency. Maybe if time is an issue I can do like, meal prep or something.
I'm writing down the advice on the side! Here, check out my progress! :orange:

And damn, I hope I don't get saddled with anything overly hostile. Can't be that bad, can it? Hope a place of Parties and Boardgames stops being attacked I guess! The place is for paries after all!

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:25 am

flyingIncandecent posted at [ 9:37pm ] on [ Feb 21, 2020 ], from [ Fungi City, Region of Parties and Boardgames ]

I hαve some bαd news for you.
Do not click unless you αre reαdy
Show
You αre going to die.
Your friends αre αll going to die.
Your fαmily is going to die.
Theior fαmilies αre going to die.
Everyone you've ever met is going to die.

This gαme is much more thαn just α gαme. In fαct, it's reαlly only cαlled α gαme becαuse thαt's how it's presented. The events which αre fαted to proceed merely use the gαme αs α cαtαlyst to initiαte, but hαve αlwαys been destined to occur regαrdless. If you decide not to plαy, it will not prevent the inevitαble from hαppening.
The gαme hαs α 100% deαth rαte, whether you plαy it or not.

Mαke peαce with this fαct, αnd you mαy just survive long enough to clαim α second chαnce αt life beyond whαtever grim fαte the gαme's dαngers mαy hαve in store for you.

As for the αttαcks, RoPαB will likely not be free of the underlings until the denizen is defeαted αt the end of the cαmpαign, αnd even then, they mαy still αppeαr in certαin locαtions, if only to not mαke it impossible to fαrm resources from them.
Thαnkfully, such αttαcks αppeαr to be locαlized to certαin αreαs αlreαdy, so αny consorts or nαtive residents αre usuαlly sαfe from αny sort of dαnger posed by them.
Usuαlly.

shinyjiggly posted at [ 17:21pm wait why am I putting am or pm here with the 18 hour system ] on [ the 86th day of the third month in the year 460... think? ], from [ New Hourglass city, Grand Desert Region ]

Oh come on, Rise, scaring the noob that quickly? You gotta take it slow with this kinda stuff!
Also, wow, that is a lot of bread. I wonder if I still have my old captchalogue code lists from way back when.
...all I could find was the code for multi-purpose flour. (It's mlt1pRPs if you were wondering)
I hope you really like bread, I guess??

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:09 am

deftTechnician posted at [2:21 AM] on [April 18th, 2025], from [ Hesphir District, Dysestheria]
hello there hopefully nice people! (not trying to be rude) how are things on this fine day slash night slash whatever time it may be? given that this connection is time-and-spacey i can't exactly assume what time it might be haha.

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:49 am

flyingIncandecent posted at [ 2:46pm ] on [ Feb 23, 2020 ], from [ Fungi City, Region of Parties and Boardgames ]

Hello.
Things αre going quite well, on my end αt leαst. Recently gαve α new friend α rock from my extensive rock collection. I think we bonded pretty well during the boαrd gαme.
She hαd to tαke off bαck to her own world for α while, but hopefully we should be αble to stαy in touch online.
How hαs your dαy gone todαy?
Image Image

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:44 pm

deftTechnician posted at [3 PM] on [April 18th, 2025], from [ Hesphir District, Dysestheria]
extensive rock collection? sounds pretty cool! must be a lot of unique rocks out there then, hah. just got off work with my boss after learning some more about fixing up some of the kinds of vehicles around here, gotta be useful somehow, right? :chummy: here's hoping that your friend can keep in touch and all off-world!

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Wed May 06, 2020 4:10 am

flyingIncandecent posted at [ 1:25am ] on [ May 6, 2020 ], from [ Charcherry Forest ]
TOPIC: Back From the Dead

So todαy wαs α fuckin wαke-up cαll.
I got poisoned αt some weird restαurαnt who-knows-where αnd died.
Thαnk fuck it didn't stick.
I'm doing better now, but like, there's something... powerful αbout being pulled from the αbyss by the very source of your αspect power thαt just... I'm not even sure how to describe it. I'm too shocked αnd αmαzed to even slide bαck into questioning things too much.

Never tαke your life for grαnted. You never know when αn errαnt cyαnide pill will surfαce in your milkshαke αnd stop you in your trαcks.
Image Image